Shoutbox

iphone skin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Forum: Skin Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+------ Thread: iphone skin (/showthread.php?tid=84163)

iphone skin by zogo on 06-06-2008 at 07:39 PM

hey ive been trying to make an iphone skin - with little luck so ive came to this forum to help me make it or prefrably for some one make it...

the contact list ui hopefully be altered slightly to so each contacts dp is shown like on the iphone... please make it

attached is a mock up of it it can change if its not possible

RE: iphone skin by CookieRevised on 06-06-2008 at 08:36 PM

Very interesting concept!

However the clock is not possible since there isn't something like that in Messenger.

As for the contactlist, I'm not 100% sure if it is possible to list contacts as a "thumbnail view" like that. I very much doubt it actually, but don't take my word for it...

RE: iphone skin by Oxy on 06-06-2008 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
However the clock is not possible since there isn't something like that in Messenger.
Afaik there was a script that could put a 24hr clock onto the convo window, is it not possible to recreate such an effect onto the contact list?
RE: iphone skin by prashker on 06-06-2008 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Oxy
quote:
Afaik there was a skin that could put a 24hr clock onto the convo window, is it not possible to recreate such an effect onto the contact list?

Script*
RE: iphone skin by Oxy on 06-06-2008 at 08:50 PM

Screwu. :(

RE: iphone skin by CookieRevised on 06-06-2008 at 08:55 PM

As SonicSam corrected, that is a script, not a skin. A skin can only change things which are already there.

And even that script could not put a clock in the convo window. What it actually does is simply showing a new window on top of the convo window and constantly moving that clock window around so it appears to be in the conversation. Which is a very very very very very ... very crappy method.

RE: iphone skin by Oxy on 06-06-2008 at 08:58 PM

quote:
that is a script, not a skin. A skin can only change things which are already there.
Yeah, it was a typo.

quote:
And even that script could not put a clock in the convo window.
Hmmkay.
RE: iphone skin by Voldemort on 06-06-2008 at 09:10 PM

StuffPlug, even though its not what you wanted, can put a clock in the convo window nicely, dunno how though.

RE: iphone skin by zogo on 06-06-2008 at 09:20 PM

its more a skin realy or the skin...

RE: iphone skin by M73A on 06-06-2008 at 11:45 PM

wait is this a skin for my pc or iphone?

RE: iphone skin by Willz on 06-07-2008 at 12:53 AM

I don't like the contact list concept. Mainly because it just wouldn't work too well. Reason being, well ask yourself this "how many people do I know with short names in my contact list?". The amount of space that is given for the contacts name is really small. Like I know the iphones icons are like that but it isn't really practical for a Messenger contact list where the length of ones name will vary a lot.

After 5 letters the name would get clipped and that can get annoying for those contacts who have symbols and stuff in their name. I know you have it over two lines but I don't think the text can be made to do that in Messenger.

The real time clock isn't possible with native skinning, however if you write a script it might be. Thats about it, the rest should be possible.

But of course you still need to think about how the chat window will work and stuff like notifications and contact cards :P so yeah.

RE: iphone skin by CookieRevised on 06-07-2008 at 11:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
the rest should be possible.
So you could make the contactlist's listview with a "thumbnail view"?
Good to know...

SonicSam: That is not sarcasm, neither have I lost it (although I lost my TV remote today)... you might wanna read my previous post where I said that I thought it wasn't possible but that the top poster shouldn't take my word for it

BADUM TCHHHH
RE: iphone skin by prashker on 06-07-2008 at 11:32 PM

quote:
quote:
Good to know...
WAS THAT SARCASM OR HAS COOKIE LOST IT LOLOLOLOL.

Badum CH! [Image: zippyturum.gif]

Anyways, I can't see how anyone would like an iphone as their skin...it just looks weird :p
RE: RE: iphone skin by Willz on 06-08-2008 at 01:39 AM

quote:
quote:
Good to know...

Well I'm basing it on the fact that you can place a display picture of any size in the contact lists (even the compact one). To get that thumbnail thing happening you would definitely have a lot of work ahead, the way I think you would get it working would be to just change how the root element lays out its children and then just move everything around to reflect that.

I haven't tried so I'm just talking in theory here from what I know. I might try somewhere down the track, it'll be something else to add to my collection of code :)
RE: iphone skin by SimonHodgkiss on 06-23-2008 at 05:02 PM

I'm not too sure about this skin.
It could cause problems if you have a large number of contacts online etc it might need a lot of space to display them.