Shoutbox

[Release] Vistafy 2.1 - Aero & Basic themes, Segoe UI font, Bug Fixes, Translated Opt - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Release] Vistafy 2.1 - Aero & Basic themes, Segoe UI font, Bug Fixes, Translated Opt (/showthread.php?tid=84178)

[Release] Vistafy 2.1 - Aero & Basic themes, Segoe UI font, Bug Fixes, Translated Opt by aNILEator on 06-07-2008 at 03:42 PM

Vistafy 2.1

[Image: vistafyscreenshotxc9.th.jpg]  [Image: vistafyscreenshotuj9.th.png]
             JPG                           PNG

Vistafy has been completely re-written using the upcoming Open Live Nine (my other project) Template Skin.

It has been designed to blend in with the Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System themes, and update some icons to better suit the environment and messenger itself

Vistafy 2.1 changelog:

• ADD: Added Segoe UI font, now used throughout the skin
  • FIX: Contact Select window visual/selection bug when small display pictures was enabled
  • FIX: Contact Select Window Wordwheel Ghost Text Bug
  • FIX: Translated Options Panels so now have all the options displayed (Still not perfect, but much better than before!)

Vistafy 2.0 features:
  • WLM 8.5 and 9.0 Beta 1 Compatibility
  • Theming. Choose between Aero or Basic
  • More user customizable options.
  • Updated Images
  • Bug Fixes

Known Minor Issues:
  • 8.5 - Webcam border is slightly pixellated
  • ALL - Drag 'n' Drop File Transfer affects the color of the type area when a custom background is enabled
  • Translation of options panel may not be correct.

[Image: downloadvi1.png]

Database: http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/55-Vistafy/

Attachment: Too big :(

Mirror: http://kc8aua.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFrdbGUrypk....1.0.plsk?download
RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by Basilis on 06-07-2008 at 03:51 PM

Looks nice. So that was the thing you were talking about?

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by prashker on 06-07-2008 at 03:52 PM

it's nice (y)

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by aNILEator on 06-07-2008 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Looks nice. So that was the thing you were talking about?

Yeah mostly Open Live Nine :P which if you can't guess is open live 8.5+9.0 in one skin I took it upon me to port the beast to 9.0

Willz thinks he and I should have custom titles related to skinning :P
RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by Basilis on 06-07-2008 at 04:21 PM

What happens if the BETA 2 changes a lot of the resources? Isn't it a risky attempt. Anyway, it is a good attempt and congratulations to you. :)

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by aNILEator on 06-07-2008 at 04:27 PM

quote:
What happens if the BETA 2 changes a lot of the resources? Isn't it a risky attempt. Anyway, it is a good attempt and congratulations to you. (Smilie)

Going to be a while before that now though, they've closed the beta, next one is at end of year sometime. So for now I'll be perfecting it then making skins with it for comp. anyway that's another topic lets stick to vistafy in this :)
RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by warmth on 06-07-2008 at 06:13 PM

didn't know about your other project... great nile... keep doing well...

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by aNILEator on 06-07-2008 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
didn't know about your other project... great nile... keep doing well...
Thanks, hopefully it'll benefit everyone, you can all get a 'sneak peak' (even though it's almost complete just need to get graphics and a few definitions 100%'d, then do the wlm9 only stuff)
RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by Willz on 06-08-2008 at 01:33 AM

Good to see this is finally out.

As nile pointed out Open Live Nine has a nice lifespan ahead since Microsoft has said that the current beta will be closing and a new one won't happen till the later on in the year (which is good news in a way)

Of course that just means that the next beta will have some major changes so we have that to look forward to :P

I'll have something new for you guys related to Open Live very soon so keep an eye out.

Anyway yeah congrats on the release.

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator

lol shh ur ruin teh masta plan!

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by Nagamasa on 06-08-2008 at 01:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
lol shh ur ruin teh masta plan!
I should get: Messenger's noobest skinner :P

But yeah Vistafy is a very nice skin :) I like it.
RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by warmth on 06-08-2008 at 01:29 PM

what is the main difference between willz's open live and yours???

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by Basilis on 06-08-2008 at 01:40 PM

His is actually an update of Open Live. It gives skinners the chance to give their skins 9.0 compatibility easier. 

RE: RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options by Willz on 06-08-2008 at 02:01 PM

quote:
His is actually an update of Open Live. It gives skinners the chance to give their skins 9.0 compatibility easier. 

Yeah um its not just an update, you haven't tried it or seen it so you can't really talk about what it is. Only me and Nile can ;).

Nile has reworked my code from 8.5 since in 9.0 it has to be redone for some of the things to work properly so no its not just an update since theres a lot of structural difference.

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by Basilis on 06-08-2008 at 02:02 PM

So it is going to be a different skin or it will come all in one with your Open Live?

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by aNILEator on 06-08-2008 at 02:09 PM

currently all in one, I'm making it so that at least image replacement only skins get both done in one hit.

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by Quantum on 06-08-2008 at 03:51 PM

I like the the way the colors blend in (Y) :P

Am i allowed to edit your skin (change some images) and use it?

I won't give it away it's just for my use only!

Thanks,

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.0 - Now with Aero and Basic themes, And lots more Options! by warmth on 06-08-2008 at 04:00 PM

Great project :D!!

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.1 - Aero & Basic themes, Segoe UI font, Bug Fixes, Translated Opt by aNILEator on 07-23-2008 at 11:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
I like the the way the colors blend in (Y) :P

Am i allowed to edit your skin (change some images) and use it?

I won't give it away it's just for my use only!

Thanks,

Of course, I don't think a single skinner will mind any personal modding at all. Just not trying to pass the majority of our work as their own pisses everyone off.

Personally I'm keeping my own mod as well, with fixed sized aero, as I never change my contact list size, chat windows however stretch with webcam and games so would look pretty nasty :( either way you 'get used to it'

----------------------------------------------------------

BUMP

OK Just released Vistafy 2.1

It adds a custom font, one of the first released skins to do this.
and fixes some bugs from previous build, I've not sent off to the database yet.

Translations may not be any good (Basically the Vistafy Theming option is the only one I'm worried about translating) as were done with my brain + google translator.

Hope you like the new additions.

2.2 will have animated elements ;) (Tried getting them in for this build but really, didn't work how I wanted at all) and willz had buggered off for the day :P
RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.1 - Aero & Basic themes, Segoe UI font, Bug Fixes, Translated Opt by mattisdada on 07-24-2008 at 06:31 AM

I completly love certain parts of this skin, but cant stand plenty of other parts of it.

So good work, but not for me.

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.1 - Aero & Basic themes, Segoe UI font, Bug Fixes, Translated Opt by aNILEator on 07-24-2008 at 06:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada
I completly love certain parts of this skin, but cant stand plenty of other parts of it.
care to expand on that?
RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.1 - Aero & Basic themes, Segoe UI font, Bug Fixes, Translated Opt by mattisdada on 07-24-2008 at 09:58 PM

Well the aero effect on all the background in full. Doesnt look good at all. It makes everything look "undefined". And it just doesnt go at all. So yes my main problem is the background for all the windows (contact, contact list, etc).

But, i do love the bars youve used for the contact window(nudge, change text, etc)  and the contact list (email, space, etc).

The "Swish" effect you did is impresive (it makes it LOOK impresive), but on the whole, i dont like it.

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.1 - Aero & Basic themes, Segoe UI font, Bug Fixes, Translated Opt by aNILEator on 07-25-2008 at 12:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada
Well the aero effect on all the background in full. Doesnt look good at all. It makes everything look "undefined". And it just doesnt go at all. So yes my main problem is the background for all the windows (contact, contact list, etc).

But, i do love the bars youve used for the contact window(nudge, change text, etc)  and the contact list (email, space, etc).

The "Swish" effect you did is impresive (it makes it LOOK impresive), but on the whole, i dont like it.

Then turn aero off, I prefer basic myself. It's an option. use it :P
RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.1 - Aero & Basic themes, Segoe UI font, Bug Fixes, Translated Opt by mattisdada on 07-25-2008 at 01:46 PM

Yeah i didnt like basic either....... Sorry :P

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.1 - Aero & Basic themes, Segoe UI font, Bug Fixes, Translated Opt by aNILEator on 07-25-2008 at 03:51 PM

K your choice obviously :-/ It's not meant to be a vista wallpaper slapped onto every window though so maybe that's what you're not liking :P if so plenty of other 'vista' skins for that :P

I was just trying to make it look more unified with Windows Explorer :) I tend to  appreciate full system wide themes, (I use to make my own icons up for my XP desktop years ago, to stay in theme) so like to keep things that way, felt Messenger needed to look like explorer :P

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.1 - Aero & Basic themes, Segoe UI font, Bug Fixes, Translated Opt by mattisdada on 07-28-2008 at 09:15 AM

Nah, i dont acctually like MOST vista skins, (on most things), there mainly crap.

You just "overdid" the effect i think :P

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.1 - Aero & Basic themes, Segoe UI font, Bug Fixes, Translated Opt by PaUrAzZ on 07-28-2008 at 06:58 PM

good job aNILEator :)
I like your skin

RE: [Release] Vistafy 2.1 - Aero & Basic themes, Segoe UI font, Bug Fixes, Translated Opt by aNILEator on 08-08-2008 at 02:14 AM

2.1.1 Is just around the corner.

Fixes a couple of images not getting replaced in WLM9.0 (new contact added you window etc)
Adds MP!L 4.7 updating functionality

--off topic rant---
If someone can explain why MS decided to call that window 'Update Dialogue' instead of something more fitting please explain :P