Shoutbox

Please, include again catalan at installer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Please, include again catalan at installer (/showthread.php?tid=84204)

Please, include again catalan at installer by daniol on 06-08-2008 at 04:08 PM

Catalan Language is currently the seventh language in Europe with more than 12 millions of speakers in total. The European regions in which this language is spoken are Catalonia, The Valencian Country (where catalan is also known as "valencian"), the Balearic Islands, "Franja de Ponent" area (Aragón), the state of Andorra, L'Alguer region (Italy) and North Catalonia (France - Languedoc).

We vindicate the right to  Català/catalan be included in the list of languages available on Messenger Plus Live! again.

We think Messenger Plus Live! should keep expanding in that direction, including new languages that would call the attention and appeal more users if they can have one in their own mother tongue on default installer.

Catalan language has had a top-level internet domain .CAT since February 2006, with more than 30,000 sites with this domain until today.

---------------------------------------

Catalan translation is updated again by el_libre
Please, admins, make it official and include again on installer.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=80799

http://catmidia.cat/index.php?option=com_remosito...unc=fileinfo&id=60

Thanks!

RE: Please, include again catalan at installer by Choli on 06-08-2008 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daniol
Please, admins, make it official and include again on installer
It isn't up to the admins to include the file again in the installer. Patchou, the creator of Plus, is the only person who can take that decision. And first of all, he can't include the file if it isn't posted in the forums :P. Therefore, el_libre should first upload it to the forums, and notify Patchou. After that, it's up to Patchou to decide. :)
quote:
with more than 12 millions of speakers in total
IMO, That's a bit too much... As a primary language, and skopen usually, there are about 4.5 million people. No more than 10 million people can speak it, and no more than 11 million can understand it.

Anyway, that's not the point. Patchou doesn't care about the number of catalan speakers but the number of people who choose Catalan in the instalation of Plus. What I mean is that, in the case that Patchou decides to include the catalan language in the instalation, a lot of people should demand it... otherwise Patchou will end removing the language. (which was not what happened to the old catalan translation.... as far as I know, it was removed due to the old translators not updating it anymore).
RE: Please, include again catalan at installer by riahc4 on 08-09-2008 at 01:27 AM

quote:
Catalan Language is currently the seventh language in Europe with more than 12 millions of speakers in total. The European regions in which this language is spoken are Catalonia, The Valencian Country (where catalan is also known as "valencian"), the Balearic Islands, "Franja de Ponent" area (Aragón), the state of Andorra, L'Alguer region (Italy) and North Catalonia (France - Languedoc).

We vindicate the right to  Català/catalan be included in the list of languages available on Messenger Plus Live! again.

We think Messenger Plus Live! should keep expanding in that direction, including new languages that would call the attention and appeal more users if they can have one in their own mother tongue on default installer.

Catalan language has had a top-level internet domain .CAT since February 2006, with more than 30,000 sites with this domain until today.

---------------------------------------

Catalan translation is updated again by el_libre
Please, admins, make it official and include again on installer.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=80799

http://catmidia.cat/index.php?option=com_remosito...unc=fileinfo&id=60

Thanks!

Stop making up facts and stop making this political. Next thing you know you will problably ask for the flag to be displayed in Plus!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_language

Only 9.1 million speak it.
RE: Please, include again catalan at installer by Leo_IB on 02-04-2009 at 08:30 AM

Hello, without entering into personal considerations, I would also like to see Catalan reintroduced into Messenger Plus! with the same status as any other language. Please.

RE: Please, include again catalan at installer by pocasolta on 02-04-2009 at 05:31 PM

hello everyone,

I would also be very happy to see catalan language again listed as an option.

@riahc4: as I see it, this is not a politic matter. there is a lot of people (like me for example) who have catalan as their mother tongue. there is a lot of activity of catalan culture on the net too, and there is nothing wrong in asking for something as simple as getting your language as an option for some software that wants to get to as many people as possible.

cheers!

RE: Please, include again catalan at installer by djdannyp on 02-04-2009 at 05:42 PM

It doesn't matter how many people speak it, or how many of them use the web......it's how many Messenger Plus! Live users of it there are.

I'm sure that if a large enough percentage of Plus' users were catalan speakers then it would be included by default

RE: Please, include again catalan at installer by pocasolta on 02-04-2009 at 08:31 PM

hello again,

@djdannyp: I agree. it's just a matter of numbers. as I am not into statistics, I couldn't tell how many of the Plus users would use catalan, but there is something that I would like to point out: Plus is an extension for Microsoft's Messenger. Windows Live Messenger can be installed in catalan. Microsoft must have their reasons for doing so.

best regards :)

RE: Please, include again catalan at installer by toddy on 02-04-2009 at 09:05 PM

plus is created by one person, with a limited budget

messenger has god knows how many staff in its team, and will have a budget thousands of times larger.

i can't see why anyone complains. what difference does it make if the installer includes your language or whether you have to add it yourself

RE: Please, include again catalan at installer by Choli on 02-05-2009 at 11:29 PM

please, let me repeat what i said before:

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
the old catalan translation.... as far as I know, it was removed due to the old translators not updating it anymore
so don't ask for the catalan language to be added again to Plus... because we have not any updated catalan translation... :-/ Maybe you shoud try to contact old translators and/or start updating the translation by yourselves ;)
RE: Please, include again catalan at installer by pocasolta on 02-06-2009 at 08:08 PM

hi Choli,
this is a very good reason not to have it with the default languages...
maybe I'll try to contact people on charge of this translation and help a little bit if I can.
thanks and best wishes ,' )

Please, don't mess with catalan and catalan users by el_libre on 02-12-2009 at 11:30 PM

Em sembla de mal gust que algú espanyol critiqui una llengua germana com és el català, i que ho faci algú que no la parla, ja que així està parlant una persona que DESCONEIX la situació REAL (convido a qui sigui que visiti BARCELONA a veure si té problemes per parlar, no ja en català, sinó en qualsevol altre llengua (English of course).
És molt trist treballar per a un projecte de forma voluntària i que la política d'alguns usuaris intenti impedir o menysprear aquest treball.
És molt trist que això ho digui gent que pertany a un projecte que no és un programa en sí, sino un AFEGIT d'un programa que sí està en la nostra llengua.

Dit això... ja està disponible la traducció al català per a MSG Plus Live 4.80 la qual seguirem publicant sempre que els usuaris que parlin aquest idioma ens ho demanin,com ha estat el cas, però no gràcies a determinats altres usuaris que són capaços de censurar l'esforç de difondre un programa a causa de la llengua en el que es fa.

PD: L'espanyol no és un idioma tan important, el xinés té més parlants i segurament més usuaris de MSG Plus Live.

I per demostrar que el català és important poden traduir aquest missatge fent servir Google Translate, segur que tot i ser una traducció automàtica s'entén el contingut del missatge perfectament.

Here it is in Spanish
Here it is in English

PD2:
- A causa de les traduccions automàtiques aclarem en que l'idioma del que hem fet la traducció és el català
-A causa de las traducciones automáticas aclaramos en que el idioma del que hemos hecho la traducción es el catalán
-Because automatic translations we say again that our translation is in catalan

RE: Please, include again catalan at installer by Choli on 02-14-2009 at 12:32 AM

el_libre, perdona que et contesti, però no estic d'acord amb la teva postura. El primer és que ningú ha criticat el català (ni menys jo, com poses a la teva pàgina). L'únic que hem fet és exposar les raons per les quals el català no està inclòs en la traducció actual i les raons per les quals no és immediat el tornar a incloure'l de nou.

quote:
Originally posted by el_libre
L'espanyol no és un idioma tan important, el xinés té més parlants i segurament més usuaris de MSG Plus Live.
És cert que el xinès té més parlants que l'espanyol, però, l'espanyol és l'idioma més utilitzat pels usuaris del Messenger Plus, tal com pots veure a l'última publicació d'estadístiques.

A lo que vull arribar és al següent:

- No em sembla apropiat distribuir un idioma que no està actualitzat.

- Em sembla correcte que en el Plus s'incloguin quants més idiomes millor. No estic del tot d'acord amb Patchou a treure els idiomes que menys s'usen, però entenc els seus arguments i em limito a exposar de forma objectiva quina és la situació.

- Ni guanyo ni perdo res si s'inclou o no el català o qualsevol altre idioma en el Plus.

- No depèn de mi en absolut, ni la meva veu té cap pes, en la decisió de quins idiomes s'inclouen en el Plus.

Dit això, crec que ha quedat prou clara la meva postura. En resum és: fes una traducció al català (com veig que ja has fet), fes que sigui bona (això ho suposo que ho és, no l'he mirada), publica-la al fòrum i fes-li publicitat, fes que la gent demani i utilitzi la teva traducció i demana  a Patchou que la inclogui de nou en el Plus. A partir d'aquí, és decisió de Patchou i només d'ell, el què fer amb la traducció.

Gràcies.