Shoutbox

USB Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: USB Problem (/showthread.php?tid=84299)

USB Problem by spongeboy on 06-12-2008 at 11:03 PM

My USB has files with no pictures of where the data came from. I didn't even create those files. I tried to delete them but it said "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk" Does anyone know how to delete them?

RE: USB Problem by albert on 06-12-2008 at 11:05 PM

If not mistaken you could use process explorer to see what process is using the file and then kill it.

As for the exact details on what options to click; I'm unsure.

RE: USB Problem by spongeboy on 06-12-2008 at 11:31 PM

Also, sometimes when I try to save something on to my USB it says "Word cannot save or create this file. Make sure that the disk you want to save the file on is not full, write-protected, or damaged" I checked and I have a lot more megabytes left in the USB.

RE: USB Problem by spongeboy on 06-13-2008 at 12:43 AM

Can anyone help me here?

RE: USB Problem by Voldemort on 06-13-2008 at 10:03 PM

Try using Unlocker to delete the files.

RE: USB Problem by Ezra on 06-13-2008 at 11:24 PM

Are you sure the USB device doesn't have an external lock like a little switch that is in the "lock" position?

RE: USB Problem by Jarrod on 06-14-2008 at 12:49 AM

i think that happened to my usb drive the other month, i couldn't right to it or anything it appeard full there were jibberish files all over it. i tried unlocker no success, so i ran a file recovery app on it and reformatted it i had no other choice:(
and some of my data was dammaged it sucked but it whent away after i re-formatted it.
i think it happened to mine when i pulled it out while the mac i was using was reading from it..

RE: USB Problem by Spunky on 06-14-2008 at 08:07 PM

Some USB sticks come with files that cannot be deleted because they are relevant to it's use. IIRC they don't have file extensions and so would not have a programs icon. About having space left, it works the same as with hard drives, if you buy a certain MB/GB you always get less