Shoutbox

Changing MSN to Open Links in Other Browsers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Changing MSN to Open Links in Other Browsers (/showthread.php?tid=84309)

Changing MSN to Open Links in Other Browsers by Ynhockey on 06-13-2008 at 05:17 PM

Apologies for not posting this in the MSGPlus support forum, but it didn't let me post a new topic there for some reason.

My question is, is it possible to configure either Messenger or MSGPlus to open links in Opera or Firefox by default, instead of Internet Explorer?

Thanks in advance,
Ynhockey.

RE: Changing MSN to Open Links in Other Browsers by Basilis on 06-13-2008 at 05:33 PM

Well you can use StuffPlug for this, although it would be good to add that in Messenger Plus! Live.

RE: Changing MSN to Open Links in Other Browsers by SimonHodgkiss on 06-14-2008 at 01:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ynhockey
Apologies for not posting this in the MSGPlus support forum, but it didn't let me post a new topic there for some reason.

My question is, is it possible to configure either Messenger or MSGPlus to open links in Opera or Firefox by default, instead of Internet Explorer?

Thanks in advance,
Ynhockey.

I think that if you open firefox and create a new tab it should open the links in firefox from then. You will have to repeat this step if you close firefox or restart your PC / Laptop.

I'm not sure about Opera not tried it as I don't have it installed sorry.

RE: Changing MSN to Open Links in Other Browsers by Ynhockey on 06-15-2008 at 08:11 PM

Thank you for the replies! StuffPlug has so far only half-worked (it opens the mail check feature in Opera, the default browser, but links in conversations in IE/Maxthon), but it's still better than nothing.

RE: Changing MSN to Open Links in Other Browsers by CookieRevised on 06-15-2008 at 11:04 PM

Links in conversations should open in your default browser, no matter what that is.

So make sure you have set your 'other' browser as the default browser in the proper way. Also make sure that MSIE's check to see if it is the default browser is off.

RE: Changing MSN to Open Links in Other Browsers by Ynhockey on 06-16-2008 at 07:54 PM

Thanks for the comment!

I found the problem - basically Opera was set to 'default browser', but for some reason wasn't associated with the HTTP protocol (even though I set it to be, in its internal settings...). Maxthon (IE) was not set to default browser. Anyway, it was a strange problem but not hard to fix. Now I am enjoying Opera :)

Thank y'all for the help.