Shoutbox

Want to start writing my own scripts...please, someone help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Want to start writing my own scripts...please, someone help (/showthread.php?tid=84310)

Want to start writing my own scripts...please, someone help by gullom on 06-13-2008 at 05:49 PM

I'm reading help file for "your first script" and it's not making sense.  I'm not seeing the "(Plus! menu, check "Show Script Debugging". "

This is one of the first steps and because of this I'm not able to follow the rest of the instructions.

It would help if this were formated in

Step 1  open the preferences
Step 2  go to scripts

etc.

It's just large paragraphs that I'm getting lost in.  Is there a more intuitive way to start writing scripts???

RE: Want to start writing my own scripts...please, someone help by roflmao456 on 06-13-2008 at 08:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gullom
I'm reading help file for "your first script" and it's not making sense.  I'm not seeing the "(Plus! menu, check "Show Script Debugging". "

you have to go to the script preferences and check the script debugging option ;)

RE: RE: Want to start writing my own scripts...please, someone help by gullom on 06-13-2008 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
quote:

you have to go to the script preferences and check the script debugging option ;)

What am I missing then??
RE: Want to start writing my own scripts...please, someone help by roflmao456 on 06-13-2008 at 08:38 PM

ok, then you click the Plus! Scripts icon in your contact list (not the menu in the menu bar..) and click "Show script debugging" (it should be there)

RE: Want to start writing my own scripts...please, someone help by gullom on 06-13-2008 at 09:04 PM

Thanks, that helped.

However I've run into a new snag.  I'm reading instructions to make a toast, to myself.  For someone that's never touched script writing before it is not as easy as all the documentation touts.

I'm actually finding this a very frustrating process.  *sigh*

I just want someone to tell me line-by-line how to write a script to do what ever I want.  Nothing in this documentation instructions me how to manipulate, or modify WLM/MP!L.

This has not been a very fun experience.

Is there a "Script writing for MP!L for dummies"?  I need very basic step-by-step instructions on how to write my script.  Can anyone help?

RE: Want to start writing my own scripts...please, someone help by roflmao456 on 06-13-2008 at 09:47 PM

you can check out the Tips thread in the Scripting section... :)

RE: RE: Want to start writing my own scripts...please, someone help by gullom on 06-13-2008 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Thanks a bunch!
RE: RE: RE: Want to start writing my own scripts...please, someone help by SimonHodgkiss on 06-14-2008 at 01:28 AM

quote:
quote:
Thanks a bunch!

I'm just starting out learning the basic stuff, If you want to think of a good idea for a east script we could try sort something out.