Shoutbox

Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. (/showthread.php?tid=84325)

Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by Ouija_46 on 06-14-2008 at 01:39 PM

I would like to know why when i sign in and go to change my display picture that there is two of the same picture. This has happend before and i just thought it was a msn fault. Please Help, Thank you

RE: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by SimonHodgkiss on 06-14-2008 at 01:46 PM

I don't think this is a bug.
I think it does it when you have E.G Display Picture 1... Change to Display Picture 2..... then you change back to Display Picture 1. It adds another copy to the list.
I think the best way to solve this is just click the 1 thats showing up twice and click remove?

RE: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by Ouija_46 on 06-14-2008 at 01:53 PM

Anyway Of testing it out?

RE: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by SimonHodgkiss on 06-14-2008 at 01:57 PM

Testing what?

I'm not quite sure what the problem is yes the display pictures show up twice just click the remove button and it will go?

That is how it seems to be for mine I don't know about anyone else experiences.

RE: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by Ouija_46 on 06-14-2008 at 02:04 PM

Yes but WHY does it appera twice ;]

RE: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by SimonHodgkiss on 06-14-2008 at 02:13 PM

Not sure, I'm guessing it thinks every change of the Display Picture is a new and different Display Picture and it can't remember if it has been used before or not.

RE: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by Ouija_46 on 06-14-2008 at 02:16 PM

OK well thanks anyways. If you want you can find out more about it seeing astho you seem to know what your talking about more then i do lol Taaa x

RE: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by SimonHodgkiss on 06-14-2008 at 02:19 PM

I'll look into this more and try come back to you with a reason if possible.

RE: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by Discrate2 on 06-14-2008 at 02:59 PM

It has been confirmed that it is a bug.

RE: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by SimonHodgkiss on 06-14-2008 at 04:39 PM

No problem thanks for the update.

RE: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by Ouija_46 on 06-14-2008 at 05:14 PM

Thanks guys

RE: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by CookieRevised on 06-15-2008 at 12:13 AM

This isn't nessecarily a bug.

What I mean is that, yes, there is a bug which duplicates your display picture in the list from time to time. But it might also be that your display picture has some transparant layer (used or not doesn't matter).

When you have "use the same display picture and personal message wherever I sign in" enabled in Messenger's preferences, it will upload your display picture to its servers. When you sign in again, the display picture is downloaded again. So in this way you will always have the same display picture no matter from where you sign in.

However, this roaming feature of Messenger doesn't support PNG pictures with a transparancy layer and as a result it downloads the picture without the transparant layer. (When this happens and when you actually have transparant pixels in the picture they will show as a black pixel).

This makes that the downloaded picture is actually not the exact same picture as what you had in your display picture list. Hence you end up with two pictures which look the same but actually aren't exactly the same.

RE: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by Ouija_46 on 06-15-2008 at 02:30 PM

So does this mean, somone has loged into my account from a different computer and its come up with two pictures? or does it have nothing to do with anyone hacking me or w.e?

RE: Two Of The Same Display Pictures.. by CookieRevised on 06-15-2008 at 10:54 PM

No, it hasn't got anything todo with someone else logging into your account or something.