Shoutbox

I HATE MSN :| Please helpp: so many problems with my MSN recently - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: I HATE MSN :| Please helpp: so many problems with my MSN recently (/showthread.php?tid=84334)

I HATE MSN :| Please helpp: so many problems with my MSN recently by eejay on 06-15-2008 at 11:46 AM

I've been having so many problems with my MSN recently.

First, I couldn't sign into my @live accounts for ages.

Then, when I eventually signed in, it shows my contacts as offline, when they were actually online.

Then, all of my messages wouldn't sent to anybody for AGES.

And now, I keep having the problem that some people do not see me as online. I talk to people, and they ask why I am appearing offline, when I'm not even appearing offline. Anyone else had this problemm??

Please helpp :(

RE: I HATE MSN :| Please helpp by SikStyles on 06-15-2008 at 12:14 PM

Did you try doing a clean uninstall and then re-install MSN? Also disable all scripts if you have any and see if that works.

RE: I HATE MSN :| Please helpp: so many problems with my MSN recently by eejay on 06-15-2008 at 12:47 PM

Tried both of them. Didn't work :(

RE: I HATE MSN :| Please helpp: so many problems with my MSN recently by Basilis on 06-15-2008 at 12:52 PM

About the fact that you don't see them online. That is because they may have blocked you.

RE: I HATE MSN :| Please helpp: so many problems with my MSN recently by eejay on 06-15-2008 at 12:55 PM

Nope, it definatly wasn't that.

I should have had 40-50 contacts online, and it only showed up with about 5 and I knew that some of them were definatly online.

RE: I HATE MSN :| Please helpp: so many problems with my MSN recently by Basilis on 06-15-2008 at 12:56 PM

Are you sure they haven't blocked you? If they did, then it doesn't matter if they are online as you will see them offline.

RE: I HATE MSN :| Please helpp: so many problems with my MSN recently by eejay on 06-15-2008 at 12:59 PM

100% sure. I don't think I would have had about 50 people suddenly block me lol. And I could still talk to them using offline messages.

RE: I HATE MSN :| Please helpp: so many problems with my MSN recently by matty on 06-15-2008 at 01:09 PM

Sign into a Web Based messenger see if your contact list loads correctly. If it did it may be a corrupt local file on your harddrive.

http://meebo.com
http://webmessenger.msn.com/

RE: I HATE MSN :| Please helpp: so many problems with my MSN recently by eejay on 06-15-2008 at 01:12 PM

MY contacts list is fine now, its just that a few people (two people the other day, and one person for a few days) can't see  me as online, when I am actually online. If it was a file on my harddrive, how could i fix it?

RE: I HATE MSN :| Please helpp: so many problems with my MSN recently by MeEtc on 06-16-2008 at 01:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eejay
MY contacts list is fine now, its just that a few people (two people the other day, and one person for a few days) can't see  me as online, when I am actually online. If it was a file on my harddrive, how could i fix it?

by doing a complete and clean uninstall of WLM. Instructions here:
CookieRevised's reply to Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM!