Shoutbox

Contacts Temporarily Unavailable for days! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Contacts Temporarily Unavailable for days! (/showthread.php?tid=84348)

Contacts Temporarily Unavailable for days! by Buckeye on 06-15-2008 at 09:44 PM

When I try to add or update a contact, I get an error that says my contacts are temporarily unavailable - try again later. I have been trying for several days.

So I tried using a different account on the same PC. NO Problem. I can add & update contacts with no problem on the other account. 

Then I tried using my account on two different PCs, including one on a different network to rule out the internet connection. Same problem - contacts temp. unavailable. But I could add contacts on these PCs using different accounts.

Obviously this is not something specific to my PC. It is specific to my account. I have had my account for about a year with no other problems.

Any advice?

RE: Contacts Temporarily Unavailable for days! by CookieRevised on 06-15-2008 at 11:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Buckeye
Any advice?
If it says "temporary unavailable" and "try again later", then that is what you should do (eventhough it is extremely inconvenient).

In the main time you could always report this issue to Microsoft:
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmessenger

Make absolutely sure you fill out the form as accurate as possible and that you provide enough details. They wont be able to correctly help you or provide a response when you don't give them enough data
RE: Contacts Temporarily Unavailable for days! by Buckeye on 06-15-2008 at 11:32 PM

I HAVE been trying again later.  Since Thursday.  Four days seems a bit more than temporarily unavailable to me.

RE: Contacts Temporarily Unavailable for days! by MersauX on 06-16-2008 at 10:21 AM

What helped me is that I logged into ebuddy.com and then tried logging into WLM while still logged into ebuddy. Other people say it also helped them. Try that, maybe it'll also work for you.