Shoutbox

utorrent downloading slower through router than directly through modem. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: utorrent downloading slower through router than directly through modem. (/showthread.php?tid=84359)

utorrent downloading slower through router than directly through modem. by .Roy on 06-16-2008 at 07:53 PM

It's kind of weird, but when I try to download a torrent via my router it's much slower than if I was downloading it directly through the modem.

The utorrent settings are exactly the same in both situations and even if im the only computer currently connected to the router (yes its wireless but i'm connected directly) it still downloads slower than if I was connected directly to the modem.

This must mean it's some weird router settings no?

I'm using  Blekin Wireless g Plus MIMO Router.

please give me some suggestions ^^, thanks.

RE: utorrent downloading slower through router than directly through modem. by mezzanine on 06-16-2008 at 07:55 PM

Did you forward the correct port? To check, go in µTorrent to Options > Speed Guide > click "Test if port is forwarded properly".

RE: utorrent downloading slower through router than directly through modem. by Reaper on 06-16-2008 at 07:59 PM

Sounds like a port issue as mezzanine said. You will need to navigate to your router page (192.168.2.1 in the web browser) then add the port you have given in utorrent and type the IP address of your computer, then it should be better

RE: utorrent downloading slower through router than directly through modem. by .Roy on 06-16-2008 at 08:09 PM

lol, of course the port is opened.

RE: utorrent downloading slower through router than directly through modem. by Pyro on 06-26-2008 at 01:28 AM

what sort of router/modem do you have? somthing to fix that would be to use DMZ from the modem to the router. that forwards all unassigned ports to the router and just to your routing from that. that is how i overcame the same issue. just make sure all other firewalls are on and that you are forwarding  /!\TCP AND UDP/!\

RE: utorrent downloading slower through router than directly through modem. by tony on 06-26-2008 at 01:34 AM

Try plugging your computer to one of the lan ports of your router and check the speed, that way you'll see if the wireless portion of it is the one causing the problem.

RE: utorrent downloading slower through router than directly through modem. by Ezra on 06-26-2008 at 11:48 AM

If all the settings are correct, port-forwarding and such, and it's still slow, maybe your router simply can't handle the connections.