Shoutbox

exWARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... You can still - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: exWARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... You can still (/showthread.php?tid=84372)

exWARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... You can still by mattisdada on 06-17-2008 at 01:11 PM

If you plan to use Wii Homebrew, do NOT update your wii to 3.3 (June 16 update). It will destroy all the methods of homebrew we have today without a modchip! Which in many countrys are illegall.

Sidenote: If you allready have Homebrew channal installed, it will NOT effect it. You will still be able to use it as per normal :). And you (in theroy) should still be able to update it. It has been tested by WiiBrew aparantly.

If you want a slightly more documented read go here

UPDATE: Thw twizzer team has struck back at Nintendo!

You can now use the Zelda:TP Hack on systems with the 3.3 update!

Zelda:TP 01 Beta(The one that can over come 3.3)

RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by prashker on 06-17-2008 at 01:35 PM

what's with all the double l's in words not properly spelled :p?

quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada
channall

quote:
illegall

quote:
allready
quote:
normall
quote:
countrys
countries*
quote:
effect
affect*

dotLou, did your job (l)

--

Also, how do you know nobody will make WiiBrew for this new update?

quote:
Can we make another hacked save file?

Yes. It will take time to find new vulnerabilities. Some bugs in the Twilight-Hack checking code may enable the use of the old exploit again, with a few changes.

Yeah, you're making it sound like we'll never be able to mod anymore, it'll just take time :p.

Thanks for info regardless :)
RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by absorbation on 06-17-2008 at 01:40 PM

Modding isn't illegal, but it will void your warranty. If you have the channel already installed, the update does not effect it :).

RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by tony on 06-17-2008 at 03:03 PM

Use wiikey baby :p

RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by absorbation on 06-17-2008 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tony
Use wiikey baby :p

Yeh, this doesn't effect modchip owners, you can install the Homebrew Channel from disk.
RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by mattisdada on 06-17-2008 at 10:07 PM

I do own a wiikey, and yes, in many countries, modding IS illegall.

And yes my spelling sucks.

And it took us(the group as a whole, im not a part of the Twizzer team) 2.4 years to find the TP hack. Now we have to find a new METHOD, we cant just use a new game....
So it may be some time. See, what we do now, is just replace Eponia with a REALLY long name(eg"asjdbasjdnasljdnasklfjbaskfjbdsakfjsbdfkjsdbfksjdbf jkbsdjfbsdjfbsdkjfbsdkjfbsd;flsjdbf") and baiscly, you cant fit that much information in a single byte of ram. So it crashes. Once it crashes you can assume(wrong word) control.

Thats the basics of it.

RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by prashker on 06-17-2008 at 10:31 PM

You're a member of the construction of TP?

RE: RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by TheSteve on 06-18-2008 at 02:10 AM

quote:
and baiscly, you cant fit that much information in a single byte of ram.
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
You're a member of the construction of TP?
Based on his description, I would say he's not.  The method is well described all over the place.
It's not that the data can't fit in a single byte of RAM.  A single byte of ram can only hold 1 character. What happens is something like this:

In the game, the name for your horse has a maximum number of characters.  When the game loads the saved game, it doesn't check the length of the horse's name before copying the memory from the saved game file to RAM.  When it does copy the name, because it's bigger than the maximum space allocated for the name, it ends up overwriting things that aren't the name.  If you specially craft the save game, you can end up injecting your own code in.
RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by mattisdada on 06-18-2008 at 06:12 AM

Im not, i was refering to 'us', the people who use homebrew and participate in beta's and etc etc. Not just the dev's....

Sorry for the mis-understanding, i thought it sounded like the group as a whole.

RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by M73A on 06-18-2008 at 07:17 AM

what?!!
theres wii homebrew????
hm.

RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by mattisdada on 06-18-2008 at 07:19 AM

Yup, many cool apps are out for it to so far. Its fairly usefull and fun.

Like the Homebrew Channal (For orgainising your home brew and booting it quickly)
N64 Emu
SNES Emu
GBC Emu
Genisis Emu
Etc
Some homebrew games
Region Patching

And so on, theres a list at WiiBrew with them. Its not a complete list, but its good enough.

RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by absorbation on 06-18-2008 at 10:51 AM

The update also breaks the Freeloader, thus meaning those using Brawl early will no longer be able to play unless they buy a new version of the game. I'm not sure if this effects those using freeloaders on mod-chips though.

RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by M73A on 06-18-2008 at 01:58 PM

woah woah woah! sorry to thread hijack a bit, but theres a snes emulator? why am i wasting my wii points on this?!

:-(

RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by absorbation on 06-18-2008 at 02:43 PM

And a N64 emulator, but it has not been perfected yet :P.

RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by M73A on 06-18-2008 at 05:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
And a N64 emulator, but it has not been perfected yet :P.
this is crazy!! how long has this been available?
is it hard to do?

i think i can update because i've got a d2ckey :D
RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by absorbation on 06-18-2008 at 06:58 PM

It's been a few months since the N64 emulator was relased, but it's no where near as good as Project64.

RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by Baggins on 06-22-2008 at 12:39 AM

I installed the homebrew chanel last week :)

RE: WARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... by mattisdada on 06-22-2008 at 04:48 AM

Update:

Wii Menu 3.3 now has been OVERCOME.  You can now use the Zelda:TP Hack on Wii with the 3.3 update :)

RE: exWARNING: If you plan to use Wii Homebrew.... You can still by prashker on 06-22-2008 at 05:17 AM

quote:
Update:

Wii Menu 3.3 now has been OVERCOME.  You can now use the Zelda:TP Hack on Wii with the 3.3 update :)
lolz