Shoutbox

Problem with MSN Messenger alignment right to left - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Problem with MSN Messenger alignment right to left (/showthread.php?tid=84385)

Problem with MSN Messenger alignment right to left by splux on 06-18-2008 at 10:37 AM

Hi,
i have a problem with msn messenger when i want to write something,it's appears in right and go to the left.i looked in control pannel and things relayted to options of language but it doesn t work,
thank you very much

RE: Problem with MSN Messenger alignment right to left by super1 on 06-19-2008 at 03:51 PM

I can;t give u exact details because my msn keeps signing me out with the problem thats init.  It'll be within the language section of msn messenger itself - if you can't find it re-install it and check the default language

RE: Problem with MSN Messenger alignment right to left by CookieRevised on 06-20-2008 at 03:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by super1
It'll be within the language section of msn messenger itself - if you can't find it re-install it and check the default language
There is no such thing.
Please don't post in threads if you don't know what you're talking about.

----------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by splux
i have a problem with msn messenger when i want to write something,it's appears in right and go to the left.i looked in control pannel and things relayted to options of language but it doesn t work,
Make sure your input language in Windows is set to left-to-right. Or, do you have CTL languages enabled in Windows (Live Arabic, Thai, Hebrew)? In that case you might wanna try to following shortcut key in the editbox/textbox area in a conversation window:

<CTRL>+<LEFT SHIFT> to switch to Left-To-Right
<CTRL>+<RIGHT SHIFT> to switch to Right-To-Left

It is possible that this wont work at first though. In that case, enter a unicode character first (eg: <ALT>+2222). After that, press the above shortcuts and your text direction will change.

Also, some fonts might trigger the right-to-left direction immediatly, so make sure you don't use any font like that in a conversation.