Shoutbox

Getting Virus From Your Site When I Download Live Plus. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Getting Virus From Your Site When I Download Live Plus. (/showthread.php?tid=84391)

Getting Virus From Your Site When I Download Live Plus. by AngelTrae on 06-18-2008 at 07:45 PM

Twice in two days I have formatted. I have very carefully one by one added my usual programs. As soon as I add Live Plus from your site, My AVG Antivirus and my ZoneAlarm go insane. If I allow the communication they ask for, I get popups of LOP and CiD virus windows, everything from xxx shit to kids toys and gambling and love calculators.
I have to say, I once enjoyed your product but you really need to look at your files. I don't know if is just the usual for you or if you once had a legitimate product .. this is not acceptable tho and I will be formatting a third time now, and your product will never again see mine or my children's computers.

RE: Getting Virus From Your Site When I Download Live Plus. by vaccination on 06-18-2008 at 08:11 PM

You appear to have installed the OPTIONAL sponsor program during Plus!'s installation.

Please be more careful and read the installer next time and you wouldn't have had this problem...twice.

[Image: msgplusliveagreecl2.png]

Also, for further reading: How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor

RE: Getting Virus From Your Site When I Download Live Plus. by CookieRevised on 06-18-2008 at 10:54 PM

And to be correct: The sponsor is not a virus, nor spyware. It is adware (which you can uninstall in the normal default way by going to Add/Remove Programs). There is a big difference.

And even most (quality) anti-virus/spyware programs do make that difference... if you read properly what they give as a warning (since not all warnings mean that you have a virus).

Messenger Plus! always have had this very same sponsor though (since version 2.something) and it always was optional and you always had to explicitly tick the option to install it; it never ever installed automatically.

And last, the sponsor program of Messenger Plus! Live never shows adult content! If it does, I strongly encourage you to take a screenshot and report it ASAP so that ad can be taken out.

;)

RE: Getting Virus From Your Site When I Download Live Plus. by Chris4 on 06-18-2008 at 11:16 PM

Why would you format your computer when you can easily uninstall it in about 30 seconds? You're way over reacting.

RE: RE: Getting Virus From Your Site When I Download Live Plus. by super1 on 06-19-2008 at 10:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Why would you format your computer when you can easily uninstall it in about 30 seconds? You're way over reacting.

i second that.  just a bit of advice running two antivirus/firewalls is a bad idea.  too many conflicts between the programs.
RE: Getting Virus From Your Site When I Download Live Plus. by High Speed Chaser on 06-20-2008 at 06:31 AM

based on the fact that he allows communications I believe Zonealarm is the firewall only and wont affect AVG.