Shoutbox

Cirque du Soleil: Corteo - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo (/showthread.php?tid=84399)

Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by ipab on 06-19-2008 at 07:56 AM

I'm wondering whether anyone has ever seen this performance before. They are in town and I'm looking into it for someone special.

The tickets are well, a tad pricy, and that is why I want to figure out what people's opinions are on their performance.

Perhaps if you guys have any alternate suggestions too, if you think that this is not worth it either would be greatly appreciated.

The other thing is that, even if you haven't seen this specific show, perhaps you guys can help me find trusted reviews and or perhaps one of you have seen one of their other shows and can comment on it too.

All comments are welcome :).

P.S. Adding a poll on the matter.

RE: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by Th3rmal on 06-19-2008 at 08:23 AM

I personally havent seen a performance by Cirque du Soleil live, but i have seen parts of it on TV and i must say, it is pretty spectacular. One of our friends has gone to see them live and they say that it was something special as well. Therefore i think that it will definitely be worth it :)

RE: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by aNILEator on 06-19-2008 at 09:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
Therefore i think that it will definitely be worth it

Part of me thought you were going to say special again in that sentence :P

My parents enjoyed another one of their performances so yeah go get some culture!
RE: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by Voldemort on 06-19-2008 at 02:49 PM

Go with that chick you want to see naked!

RE: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by Vazza on 06-19-2008 at 07:06 PM

I saw their DELIRIUM show when it came to Glasgow in April this year (the first time it's been in Glasgow......EVER) and yes the tickets were a bit pricey (185 GBP for 3) but it was something that I always wanted to see and I have to say that it was worth it. Words can't describe how it was to see live...I mean on TV is spectacular but until you see it live...it's breathtaking.

Crossing my fingers for further ones to come to Glasgow (cause london's just a tad too far and a tad too expensive :D

If you want to see a clip of it to see if it's your cup of tea, you can see a clip on the official site

RE: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by CookieRevised on 06-19-2008 at 08:10 PM

If you like spectacle, circus, acrobacy, extremely beautiful music, theater, fantasy, best-of-the-best acts, etc... go to Cirque Du Soleil. The tickets are worth it, every cent...

RE: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by albert on 06-19-2008 at 09:23 PM

I'm pretty sure any girl would like that kind of shows.

RE: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by ipab on 06-20-2008 at 05:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by albert
I'm pretty sure any girl would like that kind of shows.

What makes you think it is a girl :P...

Incidentally it is :P... not that there is anything wrong batting for the other team :).

Anyway, thanks for helping me make up my mind guys :).
RE: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by Panos on 06-20-2008 at 09:55 AM

I am pretty sure I have seen albert in such kind of shows....

RE: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by Voldemort on 06-20-2008 at 03:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Panos
Er?
RE: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by Volv on 06-20-2008 at 04:18 PM

Afterwards you can try out some of the moves you saw :P

RE: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by albert on 06-20-2008 at 11:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
What makes you think it is a girl ...
The fact that you said ''someone special'' and that as far as I know you're a dude.. or at least I think you're a dude.

On a different note..

quote:
Originally posted by Panos
Did I just get dissed?
RE: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by Phillip on 06-21-2008 at 10:32 PM

I went to the Circus here in Rockingham last Friday. The trees have it out for me. It was great fun but kind of scary at times. I guess the whole point of this post is go or I chop you up. Its fun ;)

RE: Cirque du Soleil: Corteo by Sunshine on 06-21-2008 at 11:04 PM

You should definately go see Cirque du Soleil.  I've seen Holiday On Ice, which was awesome and I believe Cirque du Soleil definately stands up to those standards. I'd love to see them myself too.