Shoutbox

Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? (/showthread.php?tid=84409)

Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by aNILEator on 06-19-2008 at 07:16 PM

I've been working at subway recently, just did my first paid shift (had to do 8 hours unpaid training first :( ) and unfortunately due to my back's condition and worry for my own health and well being, I decided to resign (not the first time I've left an occupation because of my health)

Unfortunately this has left me once again unemployed, but I would like to do some work in design or advertising or something. I've contacted a few record labels asking them if they would like me to create some skins for any of their bands making an interesting advertisement scheme, so far no replies.

So I'm reaching out to my friends here, if you would like any posters, logos or banners or skins made etc or perhaps you can think of something else you'd like done, like animations or something and are willing to pay then please get in contact with me, or forward my details on to people you might know.

Any fees would be minimal and basically to cover my own expenses only.

Hopefully I can be of help to someone, sorry if this isn't really right for this forum, guess I'm just trying to help myself out of a depressing rut of not being able to work.

Any other suggestions are welcome, I'd rather not be claiming any benefits though (also for some reason I'm not regarded as disabled enough or something last time I checked)

*sigh* feel like I should just be apologising for myself even though there's nothing I can do, just need a bit of cheering up hopefully :)

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by segosa on 06-19-2008 at 07:21 PM

get a desk job like secretary or data input monkey since they require few skills (apart from typing speed in the former I guess), assuming sitting down isn't a problem

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by absorbation on 06-19-2008 at 07:35 PM

How, being a waiter has given me back problems, 8 hour shifts with no breaks and very stressful envorioment.

Why not try a call centre? Libaries appeantly pay well too :P.

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by aNILEator on 06-19-2008 at 07:39 PM

I've been trawling through the uni's workbank for stuff but job locations are miles away would cost me £20 to get there and back each day, sitting down hasn't been much of a problem, so long as I can get up and stretch about every so often if required.

I was just looking for something that I could use my design skills for hopefully, but all sign shops for 13 miles aren't hiring, which is what my last occupation was that I really enjoyed doing and learnt lots in the process, hoped I cold repeat it up here but have been applying since about November and nothings propped up till subway job other week.

heh there was a call center but loads of my friends warned me not to work there after they all had problems with management and treatment and pay

I've applied for bar, shop, music and IT work too, all no response unfortunately, a local pub only wanted some gig promotion and was sorry he couldn't hire me properly, or guarantee a good payment even if I somehow managed to do advertising campaigns with posters and flyers etc, as it was tied to whatever the money on the door made, I'd get a percentage.

Hopefully once the uni reopens, they'll want new bar staff and I can get a part time job with them but for summer everywhere seems locked up and dead, especially for new applicants.

Library is a good idea, not sure if our one is volunteering only though. I've been trying tattoo and piercing parlors as well, unfortunately they'd just opened up and couldn't afford new staff at that time, or were fully staffed too.

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by absorbation on 06-19-2008 at 09:32 PM

Bar work is busy work, it won't be great for your back. You will be moving a lot :P.

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by aNILEator on 06-19-2008 at 11:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Bar work is busy work, it won't be great for your back. You will be moving a lot (Smilie).

True, the uni bar isn't too busy though, and I could just do the cooking or something for few hours a day. Unlikely to happen, but I can pour a damn good Guinness and get the clover on top (even from a can)
RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by Felu on 06-20-2008 at 05:19 AM

Go to freelancing sites like elance.com and go for the article writing jobs. Work for about 2-3 hours a day and you'll easily make atleast $50 daily. Catch me on wlm if you need more tips regarding this :).

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by prashker on 06-20-2008 at 05:26 AM

ScriptLance.com is also a great choice for this, they ask for tons of graphics jobs all the time :p

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by aNILEator on 06-20-2008 at 10:21 AM

thanks guys i'll check them out :)

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by absorbation on 06-20-2008 at 10:22 AM

Being a chef is the worst job, long hours, low paid and not great on your body. Have you heard of the free lunch room? You may want to Google it as it is a good way to make money online.

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by Felu on 06-20-2008 at 11:02 AM

quote:
Have you heard of the free lunch room?
AFAIK, most of the offers there require you to be in the US...
RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by mattisdada on 06-20-2008 at 11:57 AM

I dont really have any tips or idea's. But can i ask, what exactly is wrong with your back? Did you do anything to it?

Oh, you could  become a professional MsgPlus! Skin designer, and some how make alot.... Im not really sure on how youd go around doing it, but im sure you could go it :) Your a genius after all!

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by aNILEator on 06-20-2008 at 01:56 PM

How it happened? Dunno
What Happened? Lots! Degenerate Disc Disease, Sciatica, Scoliosis some other shit, I used to be unable to stand up at a correct angle, walking over at 45 degrees as it was less painful. not a good 16-18 teenage years :(

That's the jist of it :P Gotta try and keep your head up though :)

Hopefully one of the record labels gets back I think that'd be quite interesting, package each skin with an MP3 too or something :)

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by mattisdada on 06-20-2008 at 01:59 PM

:| Ouch man, i feel sorry for you... i complain about my back all the time, but its just soar..... But you couldnt even walk at a correct angle for a bit....

But yeah, you should package lots of MP3's on every CD!  Bring the rights to the users!

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by aNILEator on 06-20-2008 at 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada
MP3's on every CD!  Bring the rights to the users!

Errmm I meant include a song or 2 with each skin
RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by kezz on 06-21-2008 at 07:33 AM

Get into professional esports. A hell of a lot of prize money to be taken if you're good enough.

RE: RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by Hank on 06-21-2008 at 09:02 AM

quote:
How, being a waiter has given me back problems, 8 hour shifts with no breaks and very stressful envorioment.

Why not try a call centre? Libaries appeantly pay well too :P.
only lesbians work in libraries :P
RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by aNILEator on 06-21-2008 at 01:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
only lesbians work in libraries (Smilie)
I'm a lesbian :P I go for the ladies as well (H)

Smoothe........(ci)
RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by Volv on 07-17-2009 at 11:13 AM

I think the problem with recording agencies is they're unlikely to hire an individual freelancer, they usually have marketing agencies or an actual division dedicated to it since it's a large part of their business. You're probably better off applying for a permanent position at an advertising/marketing agency, they're always in need of designers/artists and such.

RE: Any jobs I can do for any of you? Know of any jobs? by Phillip on 07-17-2009 at 11:17 AM

Hmm something tells me he no longer needs our help.