Shoutbox

I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. (/showthread.php?tid=84439)

I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. by eblood on 06-21-2008 at 10:35 AM

I know this is the topic of most threads, but they are irritating. I accidently hit "run" instead of save. So what shoud I do to get rid of the sponsors? Thanks for your help.

RE: I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. by zach on 06-21-2008 at 10:42 AM

Add/Remove Programs > Uninstall sponsor. Search next time.

RE: I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. by Chrono on 06-21-2008 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eblood
I accidently hit "run" instead of save
That doesn't matter at all ;)
The optional sponsor is only installed if you ask for it explicitly (by selecting "i want to install the sponsor program" during the setup). It is never ever installed automatically. There is always a confirmation shown.

But, as zach stated, it can be removed easily in the add/remove programs panel :)
RE: RE: I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. by jawms on 08-31-2008 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by eblood
I accidently hit "run" instead of save
That doesn't matter at all ;)
The optional sponsor is only installed if you ask for it explicitly (by selecting "i want to install the sponsor program" during the setup). It is never ever installed automatically. There is always a confirmation shown.

But, as zach stated, it can be removed easily in the add/remove programs panel :)

that isnt true... wen i went to install msg plus live there was no confirmation about the sponsor, it was not even mentioned.
RE: I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. by djdannyp on 08-31-2008 at 07:18 PM

It is true

As I stated in your thread, I think you may have downloaded a modified version of Plus from a third party website.

The download from the official web page definitely gives you the choice to install the sponsor or not

RE: I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. by vaccination on 08-31-2008 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jawms

that isnt true... wen i went to install msg plus live there was no confirmation about the sponsor, it was not even mentioned.
Yes there was, there is a part of the installer which specifically asks you if you want to install the sponsor.

[Image: msgplusliveagreecl2.png]

Also, for further reading: How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor

--

Make sure you have downloaded an official version of Messenger Plus, from the official site: Here
RE: I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. by jawms on 08-31-2008 at 07:25 PM

that window was not part of the installation, never saw it

RE: I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. by vaccination on 08-31-2008 at 07:28 PM

quote:
that window was not part of the installation, never saw it
Then you have downloaded a edited version of Messenger Plus, so I strongly recommend you uninstall it, and anything else related to it, and then do a virus scan.

Then:
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Make sure you have downloaded an official version of Messenger Plus, from the official site: Here

Also, be more careful when downloading and installing things from the net next time, make sure you always download from an official source.

RE: I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. by djdannyp on 08-31-2008 at 07:29 PM

did you download messenger plus from the official website?

RE: I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. by jawms on 08-31-2008 at 07:39 PM

yep, it siad smthing about a homepage change? i said no, and was expecting to see the sponsor, i retried, and i saw the window previously mentioned, and its working fine, thx

RE: I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. by prashker on 08-31-2008 at 07:42 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=925027]

It changed in 4.7

RE: I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things. by CookieRevised on 09-01-2008 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
It changed in 4.7
Yes and no...

quote:
yep, it siad smthing about a homepage change? i said no, and was expecting to see the sponsor, i retried, and i saw the window previously mentioned, and its working fine, thx
see CookieRevised's reply to There was no option to not install sponsor... which explains what happened ;)