Shoutbox

Canon- "Port in use please wait" ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Canon- "Port in use please wait" ? (/showthread.php?tid=84463)

Canon- "Port in use please wait" ? by Pyroteq on 06-22-2008 at 11:55 AM

after searching the internets and finding no solution, i hope someone here can help me.. im using a Canon MP180 printer connected via USB, and i can only print one doco at a time, if i want to print another i must restart. It says "Port in use, please wait" No matter how long i wait, it never prints.

I have reinstalled drivers a number of times, uninstalled then installed again, changed USB ports and pulled out other USB devices, no luck.

RE: Canon- "Port in use please wait" ? by YottabyteWizard on 07-01-2008 at 04:30 PM

Check the print queue. After your first print go to control panel -> printers -> (your printer) and see if the file you just printed is still there. If it is, will be most likely an issue with your printer/drivers, if it is not, might be Windows or your computer.

This kinda also happened to me with a Celeron computer, fresh installed Windows: on the screen it said it was printing (but it wasn't) and then I was unable to use the printer anymore until I restarted the computer. Then I switched it to another computer (AMD XP 2500+) also with a fresh new windows and no issues at all. Not sure if this will be your case. Verify on another computer.

RE: Canon- "Port in use please wait" ? by Pyroteq on 07-02-2008 at 06:28 AM

thanks for the suggestion but yeah theres nothing in the printing que. it must be a problem within windows, i havnt yet tried to use the printer on another pc as its not going to slove anything, it will just proove its my pc..

RE: RE: Canon- "Port in use please wait" ? by segosa on 07-02-2008 at 07:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pyroteq
i havnt yet tried to use the printer on another pc as its not going to slove anything, it will just proove its my pc..

That's the point.

What good is spending time messing about with trying to fix your software when there's a chance that it's the printer itself that's at fault? Don't you think trying it on another computer will allow you to ensure that you're trying to fix the correct thing?

man...
RE: Canon- "Port in use please wait" ? by Pyroteq on 07-02-2008 at 07:14 AM

I realise that was the point, however yotta said when he switched had no problems and based on logic im presuming i wont either. Therefore there is no point because it is only prooving that it is my computer (which i allready suspect) and will not solve the problem.

RE: Canon- "Port in use please wait" ? by segosa on 07-02-2008 at 07:19 AM

Because everyone's problems are the same?

RE: Canon- "Port in use please wait" ? by Pyroteq on 07-02-2008 at 07:29 AM

No. Because that's the most likely outcome.

RE: Canon- "Port in use please wait" ? by YottabyteWizard on 07-04-2008 at 06:47 AM

Well, you can know if the problem is your computer, drivers or printer.

RE: Canon- "Port in use please wait" ? by Pyroteq on 07-04-2008 at 06:50 AM

yeah ive done it, the printer worked fine on the other computer and ive reinstalled drivers and all about 40 million times, i guess it must be something within windows or a conflicting program