Shoutbox

Picture does not fit the display screen. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Picture does not fit the display screen. (/showthread.php?tid=84530)

Picture does not fit the display screen. by OneWayTrip on 06-26-2008 at 03:27 PM

Hi, I have this annoying problem with this one display picture. It just doesn't fit the display screen. I tried resizing and it just keeps appearing the same way. Is there any way that could be fixed or I'm doomed to only see some of the picture
I'm using WLM 8.5 the picture is at 167X258 a JPEG image and its size 15.0KB.

RE: Picture does not fit the display screen. by djdannyp on 06-26-2008 at 04:42 PM

the display picture has to be square, so unless you can add some extra height to it, then it will get cut off width-ways to compensate

RE: Picture does not fit the display screen. by CookieRevised on 06-26-2008 at 04:46 PM

A display picture is ALWAYS 96x96 pixels.

You can not have a bigger or smaller static display picture. For this reason, pictures will be resized to 96x96 pixels by Messenger itself if they don't have the riht dimensions before they are shown and send to your contacts.

So, if you want to have some control of what exactly is shown and in what quality, I suggest you resize or crop the image yourself using a decent graphics program* before you add it to Messenger.

* If it just keeps appearing the same way, then you didn't resized or cropped it to 96x96 pixels.

RE: Picture does not fit the display screen. by OneWayTrip on 06-26-2008 at 04:55 PM

Well I resized it to 96X96. It certanly became smaller when i looked at it, but it stills cuts off on top. Only differnce now, it just looks worse.

RE: Picture does not fit the display screen. by Volv on 06-26-2008 at 05:05 PM

Could you post the original image?

RE: Picture does not fit the display screen. by CookieRevised on 06-26-2008 at 05:39 PM

and also post a screenshot of what is shown in Messenger...

I strongly suspect you did not resized it properly though. What program do you use to resize it? And how _exactly_, step by step, do you resize it in that program?

RE: Picture does not fit the display screen. by OneWayTrip on 06-27-2008 at 01:14 AM

Here's the image. Sorry I didn't post earlier, Had to go to work. :(

RE: Picture does not fit the display screen. by Kenji on 06-27-2008 at 01:22 AM

This fits fine. Its the best you are going to get.

RE: Picture does not fit the display screen. by OneWayTrip on 06-27-2008 at 01:32 AM

Finally! Thank you, it fits perfectly. :o)