Shoutbox

After exit(not important) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: After exit(not important) (/showthread.php?tid=84575)

After exit(not important) by Ozzymick_93 on 06-28-2008 at 10:33 PM

After I exit from WLM(not log off) the icon on taskbar stays until I hold mouse icon on it.

It's not important but is it a problem of WLM or OS?

RE: After exit(not important) by zach on 06-29-2008 at 02:11 AM

Mine does the sometimes as well. I think it's an OS problem because when other program's crash/freeze they sometimes do the same thing.

RE: After exit(not important) by Ozzymick_93 on 06-29-2008 at 08:35 PM

Yeah, you r maybe right, are you using Vista?

RE: After exit(not important) by Aeryn on 06-29-2008 at 09:00 PM

Edit: Sorry, my mistake.

RE: After exit(not important) by CookieRevised on 06-29-2008 at 11:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Haz
It's definitely a Windows problem and not related to WLM in any way. More info here.
It is not a Windows problem. The icon stays there because the program the icons belongs to actually crashed. So it is a problem of that program not being able to remove the icon and properly clean up handles...

---

So, Ozzymick_93, the reason why that icon stays there is because Messenger did not exited properly. And the reason for this might be that you have some faulty addon or a patch which has messed up Messenger.

For example, if you have Messenger Plus! installed and you use some scripts which happen to use the Xniff ActiveX sniffer, then Messenger will actually crash when you exit it.

So even if Messenger appeared to close properly, it really didn't. So you need to find out what else you have running in Messenger (like Messenger Plus! scripts, or other addons) and disable them. And you might want to check if you didn't have Messenger patched.