Shoutbox

need some fatal error help!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: need some fatal error help!!! (/showthread.php?tid=84583)

need some fatal error help!!! by jay910 on 06-29-2008 at 01:24 PM

Hey guys and gals just wondering if any1 can help me.
--------
STORY
--------
So last night i was on my laptop i installed windows live messenger and it didnt work. then about 15 minutes later turned the computer off. it said it needed to do windows updates.. it said it had like 74 to do i thought that was abit weird but thought whatever the pc hasnt been on in a while.. so i left it overnight as it said it would turn the pc off when i was done. In the morning i woke up turned the pc on and it started loading like normal then it goto the windows xp loading screen and then bammm Blue screen with the fatal error...

----------
Heres what the blue screen said...
---------

STOP: c000021a {fatal system error} the windows logon process system terminated unexpectedly with a sttus of 0x000001d (0x0000000 0x0000000) the system has been shut down.

-------------

and so thats my problem.. The computer wont load any further then that screen. that includes loading in all of the types you can goto with the F8 key when you try that..

Any Ideas Anybody.??

Thanks for the help in advance..

Peace
Jay

RE: need some fatal error help!!! by Vilkku on 06-29-2008 at 01:59 PM

I did some Googling, and found this. Also, I can't remember atm, but if it is possible to get to system restore using a XP CD, I'd use that and restore to an earlier restore point (if you have it enabled, Windows Update should have created a restore point).

RE: need some fatal error help!!! by Chris4 on 06-29-2008 at 02:01 PM

Same thing was posted here, take a look.

May have to reinstall Windows.