Shoutbox

Blue Screen Error - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Blue Screen Error (/showthread.php?tid=84607)

Blue Screen Error by yOsHi99 on 07-01-2008 at 04:44 AM

Everytime I push the video call button or get a video call sent and I accept the blue screen pops up about physical dump memory blah blah blah. Any ideas?

RE: Blue Screen Error by square eyes on 07-01-2008 at 07:45 PM

Sounds like a hardware fault.  Make sure your web cam is properly installed with the correct software. I do think however, it is something to do with your graphics card. Try and reseat your graphics card and sound card (if you have one) and do the ram too while your at it. If your not able, try and seek someone that can do it. Bad connections in sound card have resulted in blue screen errors for me so its worth a try. It's also important to be Microsoft up-to-date too

RE: RE: Blue Screen Error by yOsHi99 on 07-01-2008 at 10:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by square eyes
Sounds like a hardware fault.  Make sure your web cam is properly installed with the correct software. I do think however, it is something to do with your graphics card. Try and reseat your graphics card and sound card (if you have one) and do the ram too while your at it. If your not able, try and seek someone that can do it. Bad connections in sound card have resulted in blue screen errors for me so its worth a try. It's also important to be Microsoft up-to-date too

Even though it doesn't do it only when I press the video call button?
RE: Blue Screen Error by square eyes on 07-02-2008 at 09:55 AM

Video call opens the webcam and that requires display hardware, I think you'd get that blue screen with other applications too, such as games or even viewing some viideos. This isn't the best place to get help for your problem, I hope this link will stay for you.  pcadvisor.co.uk   register and post question in the help room, they should help you

RE: Blue Screen Error by vaccination on 07-02-2008 at 10:42 AM

Don't listen to square eyes.

It's most likely a driver issue with your webcam if it is only happening when the webcam is booted up.

In which case you need to download the latest, and correct, drivers for your webcam(to do so search google for "<model of webcam> drivers" or search the manufacturers websites.)

Ideally the best way to help you out would be if you posted the error code the blue screen gives you.