Shoutbox

"Invalid skin pack" alert appears twice - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: "Invalid skin pack" alert appears twice (/showthread.php?tid=84613)

"Invalid skin pack" alert appears twice by ahmetgns on 07-01-2008 at 10:07 AM

When the alert "The file you tried to load does not appear to be a valid skin pack." is shown to the user, right after user presses OK, it appears one more time. I tried with other 3 Messenger Plus! packs (*.plsc, *.plp, *.pld) but they work normal.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.0.326

RE: "Invalid skin pack" alert appears twice by Basilis on 07-01-2008 at 10:18 AM

I confirm the bug. And I have XP service pack 2, WLM 8.5 and MP!L 4.60.326 too.

RE: "Invalid skin pack" alert appears twice by blessedguy on 07-01-2008 at 01:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I confirm the bug.
And so do I.
But only some skins have that problem. ( even my own skin did that to me... )

Windows Vista Ultimate (6.0.6000)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.0.326

(And I doubt they are invalid skin packs, I tried at my old pc (XP SP2) and they worked perfectly.)
RE: "Invalid skin pack" alert appears twice by Patchou on 07-01-2008 at 06:56 PM

Fixed, thanks.

RE: "Invalid skin pack" alert appears twice by ahmetgns on 07-01-2008 at 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
But only some skins have that problem. ( even my own skin did that to me... )
You can always reproduce that alert by either changing the extension of any file other than real skin packs as .plsk then double clicking on them, or by going to Plus! Preferences>Customize>Skins>Import and selecting a not-skin pack file to import. But in my case, after a bad connnection to the internet, the skin pack file I downloaded got corrupted and its SkinInfo.xml file wasn't inside the pack, so I saw that window, twice. So I noticed this bug. Thanks Patchou for fix.