Shoutbox

Movie help! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Movie help! (/showthread.php?tid=84622)

Movie help! by spongeboy on 07-01-2008 at 05:58 PM

I want to see WALL-E with my friends. Unfortunately, they have some sort of obsession over Will Smith and want to see Hancock instead. They won't listen to me when I tell them WALL-E has gotten better reviews. To anyone who's seen WALL-E, what arguments can I say to my friends? I need to persuade them somehow.

RE: Movie help! by SikStyles on 07-01-2008 at 07:09 PM

Just go see it alone then.

RE: Movie help! by joey on 07-01-2008 at 07:11 PM

why not just go see both at different times?

RE: Movie help! by RebelSean on 07-01-2008 at 07:17 PM

I saw Wall-E last night and the new Narnia movie. Both were really sweet movies. Tell them that Hancock is overrated and so is Will Smith :).

RE: Movie help! by Basilis on 07-01-2008 at 07:24 PM

New Narnia. I must see that. I haven't heard anything here in Greece about it. Maybe because all the movies come here after they are released in America. :(

About your problem, I don't think your friends care about the reviews or any argument you may have about the movie. I have faced a situation like this numerous times. I suggest you tell them kindly and calmly that it would be better to see both movies. If the majority of them wants to see Hancock, then there is no way you can avoid watching it. You will only have fights so just see both and it will all be fine. And you don't know, you may enjoy Hancock. :)

RE: Movie help! by spongeboy on 07-01-2008 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
It's not as fun watching a movie in the theater alone as opposed to watching it with friends.
quote:
Originally posted by icd*
why not just go see both at different times?
That's not an option, as I am saving up to see The Dark Knight later as well.  Well thanks for trying to help anyways guys.
RE: Movie help! by SikStyles on 07-02-2008 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spongeboy
quote:
It's not as fun watching a movie in the theater alone as opposed to watching it with friends
Why? Do you talk during the movie? If you do, then you suck.
RE: RE: Movie help! by Aeryn on 07-02-2008 at 09:49 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
It's not as fun watching a movie in the theater alone as opposed to watching it with friends
* Aeryn agrees :p

Also, I find that it's easier to just go watch whatever you want and maybe ask if someone wants to come along. If they do, fine, if they don't, that's fine too. I don't like missing out on cool movies just because my friends have different tastes. :p So in short, know what you like and stick with it no matter what! :p
RE: Movie help! by Basilis on 07-02-2008 at 09:57 PM

I have to agree with Haz here. Go watch it if you want or you will regret not going watching.

RE: Movie help! by prashker on 07-03-2008 at 12:32 AM

Watching a movie alone is never fun.

Yu-Gi-Oh The Movie was not even that good :(

RE: Movie help! by Rolando on 07-03-2008 at 12:37 AM

1) Who goes to the cinema by themselves?
2) Saving? It's only $6 :P
3) hmmm, I ran out of things to say.

RE: Movie help! by spongeboy on 07-03-2008 at 02:03 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
I don't talk during the movie so I don't suck. Unless that includes laughing...Watching a movie in the theaters alone just isn't as fun, because you don't have someone to enjoy the movie with and laugh with you. Also if I have my friends with me I can socialize with them before the movie starts and after the movie. I can ask them what they thought about the movie. Plus when I go alone, I become sad when I see everyone else with their friends and I become lonely. And over here it costs $10.95 to see a movie. I'm not kidding.
RE: Movie help! by Kenji on 07-03-2008 at 02:08 AM

Torrent it.

RE: Movie help! by x2zen on 07-03-2008 at 08:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
2) Saving? It's only $6
Are tickets that cheap in the US? :o It's $16 in Denmark.
RE: RE: Movie help! by Aeryn on 07-03-2008 at 09:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by x2zen
quote:
2) Saving? It's only $6

Doesn't surprise me. :p In Estonia, the normal daytime ticket costs 70 EEK, which is almost exactly 7 USD. (Evening tickets are 120 EEK - 12 USD.)
RE: Movie help! by Phillip on 07-03-2008 at 09:57 AM

Get a job, then you can goto the movies as much as you want. Or even better, get a job at the movies..!

RE: Movie help! by vaccination on 07-03-2008 at 09:59 AM

It's about 14USD here =/

RE: Movie help! by Basilis on 07-03-2008 at 10:01 AM

Here in Greece it is 10 euro.

RE: Movie help! by RebelSean on 07-03-2008 at 10:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by x2zen
quote:
2) Saving? It's only $6

Well it all depends on the type of theater you're in. Normal theaters range from $6-$10, drive-in theater's usually are about $9. The iMax theaters were $25 last time I went.
RE: Movie help! by Rik on 07-03-2008 at 06:11 PM

:| our tickets are 5,5eur (8,74$) for adults and 4,60eur (7,31$) for students.
But I would go with my friends to see what they wanted and then "buy" the movie I wanted to see and then invite someone to watch it with me at home :P

RE: Movie help! by ipab on 07-03-2008 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
The iMax theaters were $25 last time I went.

Shit, you get raped with the cost of imax movies! It's $14.50 CAD for the "IMAX Experience" for movies (eg. Kung Fu Panda etc.) and $14.00 CAD for standard IMAX movies.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that IMAX is a  Canadian technology or something :S...
RE: Movie help! by Ezra on 07-03-2008 at 08:48 PM

I'd say go see both, that's what i'm going to do.

Also tickets here are VERY cheap. I pay €18 (28.1376 U.S. dollars) per month to see an unlimited amount of movies.

RE: Movie help! by vaccination on 07-03-2008 at 09:04 PM

Saw Hancock today, was pretty funny. They shouldn't of deleted scenes to make it an 12a(PG-13) though =/

RE: Movie help! by ipab on 07-04-2008 at 04:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
I'd say go see both, that's what i'm going to do.

Also tickets here are VERY cheap. I pay €18 (28.1376 U.S. dollars) per month to see an unlimited amount of movies.

What? Subscription model for theatre movie watching? That is really cool. Wish we had something like that here. I spend roughly $120 in the summer, just for watching movies. Your situation would only cost me $90 to do so :(.

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Saw Hancock today, was pretty funny. They shouldn't of deleted scenes to make it an 12a(PG-13) though =/

If you watched it, then you must have seen the trailers before it also, did you happen to see the one for the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still"? it was filmed at my University :).
RE: Movie help! by prashker on 07-04-2008 at 05:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
"The Day the Earth Stood Still"? it was filmed at my University
:O. Did you see the actors :p?
RE: Movie help! by Rolando on 07-04-2008 at 05:24 AM

$6 if you're a student, $8 is the regular price.

RE: Movie help! by prashker on 07-04-2008 at 05:26 AM

In Ottawa we have Big Ticket Tuesday.

4$ for a Movie
and like 8$ for IMAx.

BIG SAVINGS :D

RE: Movie help! by Voldemort on 07-04-2008 at 06:13 AM

$5.5 USD here, $4.5 before 6pm, and around $3 on Wednesdays.
the imax is $7 ish, just like the VIP theaters.

RE: Movie help! by spongeboy on 07-05-2008 at 01:46 AM

Wow lucky you guys for those cheap movie prices. Anyways, I ended up seeing Hancock. It was actually good and funny. Although that twist made the movie not so funny. Nevertheless, I had a great time with my friends watching it. Thank you all for your advice. I really appreciate it. :)

RE: Movie help! by Justin on 07-05-2008 at 01:51 AM

Last time I went to the cinemas it was like £2.50
Back when Men In Black 1 was released.