Shoutbox

[Request] Changing Toast Location - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Changing Toast Location (/showthread.php?tid=84717)

[Request] Changing Toast Location by FootSoulJah on 07-08-2008 at 02:34 AM

As we all know the default location is on the bottom right corner of the screen. Is it possible to change the location to say, the top left corner of the screen or the bottom left etc?

I did some searching and I could not find anything related.

Please help.

RE: [Request] Changing Toast Location by SmokingCookie on 07-08-2008 at 07:44 PM

No

RE: [Request] Changing Toast Location by matty on 07-09-2008 at 01:48 PM

Move the taskbar to the top of the screen? I thought it used to work that way I may be wrong.

RE: [Request] Changing Toast Location by SmokingCookie on 07-09-2008 at 03:40 PM

Well, perhaps I was wrong..

Today my Explorer got frozen up, so I killed the process. Then MsgPlus displayed a toast, guess where it was: At the top-left corner of the screen.. Maybe this information is of use to you..

RE: [Request] Changing Toast Location by Spunky on 07-09-2008 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Well, perhaps I was wrong..

Today my Explorer got frozen up, so I killed the process. Then MsgPlus displayed a toast, guess where it was: At the top-left corner of the screen.. Maybe this information is of use to you..

No, that is because the taskbar currently doesn't exist and IIRC system metrics are measured from the top left (like a Flash movie)
RE: [Request] Changing Toast Location by SmokingCookie on 07-09-2008 at 04:48 PM

Can toasts be located by GetForegroundWindow()?

If so, one can get the toast's handle and useMoveWindow() to move it to the desired position. Such a code would be:

code:
var Toast = new Object();

function getToastHandle() {
      return Interop.Call("User32.dll","GetForegroundWindow"); // retrieves toast handle
}

function setToastPosition() {
      Interop.Call("User32.dll","MoveWindow",getToastHandle(),0,0,Width,Height,false); // Top-left corner, I don't know the width and height of toast windows. Can be figured out using MsPaint.
}

RE: [Request] Changing Toast Location by Spunky on 07-09-2008 at 06:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Can toasts be located by GetForegroundWindow()?

If so, one can get the toast's handle and useMoveWindow() to move it to the desired position. Such a code would be:

code:
var Toast = new Object();

function getToastHandle() {
      return Interop.Call("User32.dll","GetForegroundWindow"); // retrieves toast handle
}

function setToastPosition() {
      Interop.Call("User32.dll","MoveWindow",getToastHandle(),0,0,Width,Height,false); // Top-left corner, I don't know the width and height of toast windows. Can be figured out using MsPaint.
}

You would have to edit the animation too, which is not quite so easy :p

RE: [Request] Changing Toast Location by SmokingCookie on 07-09-2008 at 06:37 PM

Ouch :P

But I am getting close, right? :D :P