Shoutbox

[VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname (/showthread.php?tid=84720)

[VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname by uNDeRGRouND99 on 07-08-2008 at 11:37 AM

Hi. I'm coding a program with VB.NET.
But when i use MSN.MyFriendlyName it answer me "[c=1]uNDeRGRouND99[ /c]"
If i don't want [c=1]. How i can remove it?
There is a function in the Messenger Plus Scripting called RemoveFormatCodes, but how can i code this function in VB.NET?

RE: [VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname by Matti on 07-08-2008 at 11:48 AM

You could write a function which replaces all format codes with an empty string. Although, to make it perfect, you'd have to know every format code, which may be a problem.

quote:
Scripting Documentation > MsgPlus::RemoveFormatCodes > Remarks
Through out its existence, Messenger Plus! came up with three different sets of control codes (each born from a specific necessity):
  • IRC codes. These are control characters using special ASCII values. They were modeled on mIRC.
  • IRC codes for contact names. Derived from IRC codes, these codes were added to bypass new filters set for contact names on the Messenger servers.
  • BBCode. These tags resemble the way formatting is added in HTML documents. They were modeled on phpBB.
Because of the list of tags and their possible combinations would be pretty long and because new control codes may be added in the future, it is recommended that you use this function to filter out every possible code from the strings your script manipulates.
Plus! Live has buttons to add IRC and BBCode styled format codes, although I have no idea what those "IRC codes for contact names" are. I guess you'll have to dig through the forums and do some research if you want to replicate RemoveFormatCodes. As it states in the remarks: this function was added to make scripts future-proof for format codes, so you'll have to update your function also in case Plus! adds a new type of format code.
RE: [VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname by SmokingCookie on 07-08-2008 at 07:42 PM

You may also remove the formatting codes _before_ sending them to your program..

RE: [VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname by Mnjul on 07-08-2008 at 08:17 PM

Choli's 4 multi-format parser functions may be of help, but I think there's a better way - to do it through regular expression, which vb.net supports (well, that is if you must parse the format codes in your vb.net code)

RE: [VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname by uNDeRGRouND99 on 07-09-2008 at 11:02 AM

Thank u!

RE: [VB.NET] Remove formatted nickname by uNDeRGRouND99 on 07-09-2008 at 05:46 PM

Sry, i can't translate the VB6 language to VB.NET. I've tryed it. Anyone can translate to VB.NET language the parse_nick?