Shoutbox

The-coolest-stuff.info (What in the world is this?) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: The-coolest-stuff.info (What in the world is this?) (/showthread.php?tid=84735)

The-coolest-stuff.info (What in the world is this?) by Dreamsilver on 07-09-2008 at 01:57 AM

i received the link from one of my msn contacts. I hardly talked to that person at all but i left my msn on ytd and this morning there's a chat with her with the-coolest-stff.info link and another link that (her email).info also

any idea what that site is in the first place

RE: The-coolest-stuff.info (What in the world is this?) by Chrono on 07-09-2008 at 02:42 AM

they've got a virus, dont visit the site (just to be safe :P)

RE: The-coolest-stuff.info (What in the world is this?) by Butcher_ss on 07-09-2008 at 06:15 AM

I get that all the time, they have something on their pc which picks up random wlm contacts and send these links to them. Don't click on the link it says.

RE: The-coolest-stuff.info (What in the world is this?) by Mike on 07-09-2008 at 07:28 AM

Actually, it's a site where you enter your WLM email/password and then your contacts will be spammed.

Tell them to change their password.

RE: The-coolest-stuff.info (What in the world is this?) by Basilis on 07-09-2008 at 07:33 AM

I got at that site but I gave an old address of mine. I guess no one is going to spam it :D

RE: The-coolest-stuff.info (What in the world is this?) by joey on 07-09-2008 at 05:29 PM

only if you got rid of all your contacts =p

RE: The-coolest-stuff.info (What in the world is this?) by Dreamsilver on 07-10-2008 at 04:15 AM

ok thanks i appreciate the help

does that mean that my friend's computer is like infected since it is a virus?

RE: The-coolest-stuff.info (What in the world is this?) by Menthix on 07-10-2008 at 10:10 AM

It's either infected, or the virus has the login details (or both).

Your friend should do a virusscan, make sure everything is cleaned up, and change the Messenger password after that.