Shoutbox

Try as I might, I cannot use handwrite feature - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Try as I might, I cannot use handwrite feature (/showthread.php?tid=84736)

Try as I might, I cannot use handwrite feature by eksekseksg3 on 07-09-2008 at 03:32 AM

I am using Windows Live Messenger version 8.5 with Plus! version 4.6 on Windows SP3. I cannot for the life of me get the Windows Live Messenger handwrite feature to work. I downloaded both the Journal Viewer 1.5 and the security update, I've tried uninstalling and installing both WLM and the Journal Viewer every which way you could imagine. Windows support service is so f*cking terrible that I couldn't get any help from them or from google so I decided to turn to my Plus buddies. :D Anyone got any ideas as to what is wrong or what I'm overlooking?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Nick. :)

RE: Try as I might, I cannot use handwrite feature by spongeboy on 07-09-2008 at 11:02 PM

Try installing Microsoft Office 2003 or any version above it. That might enable the handwrite feature, since handwriting is a feature of Microsoft Office 2003.

RE: Try as I might, I cannot use handwrite feature by eksekseksg3 on 07-09-2008 at 11:52 PM

uh....I have Office 2002, that wouldn't do me any good?

I can't exactly just walk to the cornerstore and grab Microsoft office with my pocket change, is there anything else I can try?

thanks for the help anyway though, I appreciate it. :)

*edit* ohh I forgot to mention something, I used to have MSN messenger before my computers internet connection started having problems and I couldn't connect to MSN. Back then, handwriting worked fine for me, and I had the same version of Office...:S

RE: Try as I might, I cannot use handwrite feature by Chris4 on 07-09-2008 at 11:59 PM

Handwriting is nothing to do with MS Office. You don't need it to use handwriting in Windows Live Messenger. The reason you download Journal Viewer is because that's the program that enables the feature.

Now.. back to the problem. What happens exactly when you try to use handwriting in WLM?

It's important then when you install Journal Viewer, you are signed out and exited Messenger. If you don't, there's a possibility of the feature not being enabled in WLM. This is most likely the case, so I suggest you go to Add/Remove Programs, uninstall Journal Viewer, restart if necessary, then download and install it again, but make sure WLM is not running.

RE: Try as I might, I cannot use handwrite feature by eksekseksg3 on 07-10-2008 at 12:50 AM

ok sounds good chris, thanks.

when I try to use it I just get the same old message that says I have to install journal veiwer and the like.

um...just one problem, I can't seem to find Journal viewer in the Add/Remove programs folder lol....and when I try installing it again it says I already have it....hmmmm the problems just keep on coming. :P

I actually tried just finding and manually deleting it and I did...but it still says I have it. ugh.

RE: Try as I might, I cannot use handwrite feature by MeEtc on 07-10-2008 at 12:52 AM

try using the windows installer cleanup utility to remove it
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301