Shoutbox

Is it possible to use old DAT files as sounds? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Is it possible to use old DAT files as sounds? (/showthread.php?tid=84785)

Is it possible to use old DAT files as sounds? by Sason16 on 07-11-2008 at 06:42 PM

Hi.
I formatted my computer, and I had lots of MSGPlus! sounds before I did it, so I backed up the "Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds" folder, where there are all the sounds on .DAT file.
Is it possible to use them in MSGPlus! again?
Thanks in advance,
Sasson.

RE: Is it possible to use old DAT files as sounds? by Menthix on 07-11-2008 at 06:51 PM

Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) should be what you're looking for.

RE: Is it possible to use old DAT files as sounds? by Sason16 on 07-11-2008 at 07:38 PM

Thanks alot :D :D :D

RE: Is it possible to use old DAT files as sounds? by prashker on 07-12-2008 at 01:12 AM

Also if you want to change them back to .mp3 just rename the .dat to .mp3.

BUUUUT, you can't just rename original mp3s to .dat, does not work like that (CookieRevised I said this because I know you like to add thingies into thingies <3)

RE: Is it possible to use old DAT files as sounds? by ahmetgns on 07-29-2008 at 03:54 PM

But first of all, the proper way to back up custom emotion sounds of MsgPlus! is going to Sound Library window and choosing Import/Export > Export to a sound pack.