Shoutbox

Log on status bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Log on status bug (/showthread.php?tid=84812)

Log on status bug by Leareth on 07-13-2008 at 08:35 PM

Around a week or so ago, give or take a few days, I downloaded the current version of Messenger Plus and the Batman skin for it. I am using the current version of Windows Live Messenger. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium System Pack 1. I have Messenger set to auto-login whenever I sign in to my computer.

Before I installed the skin or the current Plus! version, I had temporarily set my log on status to busy. However, once I installed Plus! and the skin, the status became... stuck. No matter how many times I've logged off and changed the default log on status back to online, the next time I log back onto my computer it changes back to busy.

*Waves a hand* I know this can probably be fixed by uninstalling the skin and the plus, changing the default logon to online, and reinstalling everything again, but I thought I'd just report the bug so ye guys can work on it, and who knows, maybe someone will know how to fix it.

RE: Log on status bug by ahmetgns on 07-13-2008 at 10:42 PM

I remember this weird problem, thank you for trying to attract attention to it but it is neither related to Plus! nor to a skin, see these threads: Initial Sign In Status Problem & Always as Busy even if Online

I can reproduce this when I uncheck "Keep taskbar on top of other windows" and "Show me as Busy while using full screen applications..." options and restart Messenger and sign in.

Thread reported to be moved to MSN/WL Messenger forum.