Shoutbox

Best Photo Gallery Software - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Best Photo Gallery Software (/showthread.php?tid=84816)

Best Photo Gallery Software by lordy on 07-14-2008 at 12:27 AM

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a program that will organise my way too big photo collection - I've had a look at a few programs, including Corel MediaOne, Adobe Bridge, and Picasa.

I like the ease-of-keyworderising in Adobe Bridge (being just a list with check boxes) but i also like the searchability of picasa (obviously to be expected with a google product).

Is there anything that people know of that incorporates both of these useful features? hahaha

Cheers

EDIT: You know, of all the things i didn't try, i didn't try windows photo gallery (which is built into windows, im a bit blonde sometimes.) for those of you in the future who want to build a photo gallery, i recommend windows photo gallery!

RE: Best Photo Gallery Software by ipab on 07-14-2008 at 04:50 PM

Have you tried "Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0"? I quite like it. The other one you could use is "Windows Live Photo Gallery".

RE: Best Photo Gallery Software by aNILEator on 07-14-2008 at 09:11 PM

windows live photo gallery is real nice :)

searching + tagging available as well as simple adjustments and stuff for importing from cameras scanners etc

RE: Best Photo Gallery Software by rob_botch on 07-18-2008 at 09:59 AM

Windows Live Photo Gallery is the best I've tried. Note that it's not the same as Windows Photo Gallery, which is built in to Vista. WLPG is a separate download which has extended features and is compatible with more than just Vista (a bit like Windows Mail / Windows Live Mail)