Shoutbox

Problem with Messenger Plus Live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problem with Messenger Plus Live (/showthread.php?tid=84843)

Problem with Messenger Plus Live by tinalove1976 on 07-15-2008 at 03:31 PM

The problem that I am having is that when I shut down my computer and then go back on later, I would start up my messenger and the Messenger Plus Live is not there.   I keep having to reinstall it in order to use it.  Please can someone help me.   I am getting really annoyed about having to do the reinstall everytime I start up my computer.   The main part of MSN Messenger works fine it is just the addon for it that is causing the problem.

RE: Problem with Messenger Plus Live by BartPc on 07-15-2008 at 03:50 PM

Which version of msn do you have? And do you have the plus 4.60?

RE: Problem with Messenger Plus Live by tinalove1976 on 07-15-2008 at 03:57 PM

I have MSN Messenger version 8.5 and for Messenger Plus I have version 4.60 and am running on windows Vista

RE: Problem with Messenger Plus Live by Chris4 on 07-15-2008 at 04:00 PM

To avoid confusion, can you use the correct name. Windows Live Messenger is the new name for version 8.0 and higher, MSN Messenger is the old versions.

Are you Administrator on Vista?

RE: Problem with Messenger Plus Live by BartPc on 07-15-2008 at 04:01 PM

- Unistall windows live messenger and patches
- Download CCleaner (www.ccleaner.com)
- Clean the registry with CCleaner
- Install windows live messenger
- Install Messenger Plus Live!
If doesn't work try to disable the firewall and the antivirus.

RE: Problem with Messenger Plus Live by Justin on 07-15-2008 at 04:16 PM

Do you have SweetIM or SmileyCentral installed? If so read this.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=70936

RE: Problem with Messenger Plus Live by tinalove1976 on 07-16-2008 at 01:33 PM

I am still having trouble with it staying installed.  I started up my computer this morning and the Messenger Plus Live was not there.  I did everything that you all told me to do, even uninstalled SweetIM and Smiley Central and I thought that it was working cause it was working fine yesterday but nope it is still doing the same thing.  I have to reinstall Messenger Plus Live to be able to use it.  I am starting not to like this program.  Please can someone tell what I need to do that will work PPPPPLLLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE

RE: Problem with Messenger Plus Live by BartPc on 07-16-2008 at 01:37 PM

Did you read my post?

RE: Problem with Messenger Plus Live by tinalove1976 on 07-16-2008 at 01:41 PM

Yes I did.  I did everything on the list.

RE: Problem with Messenger Plus Live by Sunshine on 07-16-2008 at 02:04 PM

Funny how nobody asked which OS is being used....

Generally this problem is because of not enough admin rights to install software, by programs that prevent writing in the registry (AdWatch, anti virus/spyware programs etc.) or SmileyCentral/SweetIm etc.

Please make sure you uninstalled Smileycentral and SweetIM correctly, else you may have a leftover dll in the messenger folder. To make sure there isn't uninstall Windows Live Messenger and delete still existing Messenger folder(s) ("C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger" and "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger") before reinstalling.

On Vista I advise you to install on an account with admin rights, or rightclick the installation file and "run as administrator." If you happen to know you have programs running that prevent writing in the registry, disable them whilst installing (enable again afterwards).

If you are on Windows XP, reboot into safemode (continuously hit F8 on reboot) and install on the account called Administrator. If you do it this way you are sure there is no "unnecessary"  program running.

RE: Problem with Messenger Plus Live by tinalove1976 on 07-16-2008 at 02:10 PM

I am running windows vista and i did everything that had to be done and I have the admin rights to install on my computer.  Like I said above I did everything that I was told to do but I still can't get it to work properly

RE: Problem with Messenger Plus Live by Chris4 on 07-18-2008 at 02:33 AM

You need to do what Sunshine said and uninstall Windows Live Messenger and delete the folders, it's important because you had SweetIM and SmileyCentral, they leave left over files which will cause Messenger Plus! Live not to work, like explained.

RE: Problem with Messenger Plus Live by tinalove1976 on 07-18-2008 at 02:15 PM

I already did all that and it still isn't working right.  I am just not going to use it if I can't get it to work right.