Shoutbox

Nintendo @ E3 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Nintendo @ E3 (/showthread.php?tid=84847)

Nintendo @ E3 by Eljay on 07-15-2008 at 05:23 PM

NINTENDO BRINGS MORE SMILES TO MORE FACES!

[Image: zippy.gif]

They took the music/rhythm genre and turned it into random controller waving... actually they have turned all genres into random controller waving. :dodgy:

Conference of failure.

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by tony on 07-15-2008 at 05:28 PM

It is not random :sad:

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by spongeboy on 07-15-2008 at 05:42 PM

I think it's a cool new take on music games. If you don't like it just go back to Guitar Hero. As for E3, their conference was pretty good. Wii Sports Resorts looks awesome! They made the gaming experience more realistic with the Wii Motion Plus. Also, Animal Crossing: City Folk looks great, especially with the addition of WiiSpeak. Let's hope Nintendo incorporates this technology in other games including previously released titles. The way I see it, if you went in with no expectations, you wouldn't have been disappointed. I mean rumors made people believe Nintendo would announce a Kid Icarus game and a new Zelda title so soon (Phantom Hourglass was released a year ago). Don't get me started on the new DS redesign (DS Lite sales are still growing strong and let's not take the same path as Game Boy Micro).

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by Eljay on 07-15-2008 at 05:54 PM

They really should have mentioned Chrono Trigger DS, but that's not shitty and casual enough for what Nintendo has become.

The best part was when they were all playing Wii Music and then jumped up at the end for an attempt at some sort of big ending and nothing happened. Hilarity ensues!

Looking forward to some more failure by Sony soon, surely they can do better than this :P

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by Volv on 07-15-2008 at 05:55 PM

Unfortunately there was nothing really impressive this time around :( Was hoping for something new with the DS.

I still see the Wiimote lacking a lot in terms of sword/lightsaber simulation. With Motion Plus they seem to have nailed down gestures and angle, but determining positioning of the wiimote relative to your body seems to be pretty poor, and realistically that's a major part of fighting with a stick in general -- if you excuse the poor analogy, it's sort of like 2D motion in a 3D world.

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by vaccination on 07-15-2008 at 05:59 PM

vaccination says (18:09):
nothing really groundbreaking today

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by prashker on 07-15-2008 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
vaccination says (18:09):
nothing really groundbreaking today
agreed...was almost as boring as Sony :p.

Although meh, I got a Wii and PS3 (well my best friend does, but we have casual sex so he lets me steal from him).

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by absorbation on 07-16-2008 at 12:08 AM

lol it was worst than Microsoft's, something I believe was not possible.

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by Chrono on 07-16-2008 at 02:19 AM

their conference was really boring, like "yeah we are great, these are our statistics :zippy:" x 13446468464681 :P

tbh, all the conferences sucked :P

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by mattisdada on 07-16-2008 at 10:20 AM

E3 This year sucked :( Last years wasnt fantastic either, it was better though. The year BEFORE, was non stop excitment :D

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by Volv on 07-16-2008 at 11:50 AM

I don't know why everyone's claiming this year's E3 sucked relative to others, only half of it is complete and the showcase of games has already been rather impressive.

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by vaccination on 07-16-2008 at 11:54 AM

Activisions conference was pretty good, and Ubi had an alright show(Prince of Persia etc)

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by Volv on 07-16-2008 at 12:01 PM

The dev walkthrough of Prince of Persia was a bit worrying at first, but it looks like a really fun game (or at least one to keep an eye on).

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by vaccination on 07-16-2008 at 12:03 PM

thing that struck me about PoP was that the Hunter wasn't really small and measly 8-)

They built him up to be this ravaged beast to be scared of but he seemed kinda lame

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by absorbation on 07-16-2008 at 04:28 PM

E3 was a bit of a let down this year, but Sony did have the best conference, but that was far from good.

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by Volv on 07-16-2008 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
but Sony did have the best conference
Umm, they had the most boring and uneventful conference of the three...
RE: Nintendo @ E3 by vaccination on 07-16-2008 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
quote:
aye
RE: Nintendo @ E3 by prashker on 07-16-2008 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Originally posted by Volv
quote:
aye
but they did have Little Big World Thing which i thought was cool :p
RE: Nintendo @ E3 by spongeboy on 07-17-2008 at 03:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam

but they did have Little Big World Thing which i thought was cool :p
True that. Little Big Planet looks really interesting, even if it has an oxymoron in it's title.
RE: Nintendo @ E3 by Volv on 07-17-2008 at 08:12 AM

[Image: 20080716.jpg]

RE: Nintendo @ E3 by Chrono on 07-17-2008 at 08:00 PM

lol :P

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36821.html

Omg :| She sucks :P "yeah keep playing mario kart :zippy:"