Shoutbox

Patchou help - display on desktop option - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Patchou help - display on desktop option (/showthread.php?tid=84871)

Patchou help - display on desktop option by Ramms7ein on 07-16-2008 at 11:46 PM

i cant send you pms so i will type this here.
i have registered here just to ask you this, help me if you can, thanks

hi
I don't know if you can give me information on how to create a window similar to "display on desktop" feature.
i want to create something similar but for a game that runs in full screen mode.

when game is open and i move your desktop button around... task bar doesn't appear... but it appears with my code.

what i have done is created a window using API DialogBoxParam and making it semi-transparent using SetLayeredWindowAttributes and using WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW so window wont appear on Taskbar and also WS_EX_TOPMOST so it stays on top.

so i had a window with caption, semitransparent, ontop, and not on taskbar, so far so good but sometimes task bar appears when i move the window around or if I alt+tab out of the game and alt+tab back.
my windows has controls (treeview, and other type of windows)
could it be that? or im coding wrong?

i hope you can help me.
i have ask this question also to bitcomet programmer (a torrent client that has a button on desktop) but he didnt respond back, i hope you do.

thank you

RE: Patchou help - display on desktop option by Fuse on 07-17-2008 at 02:35 PM

I dont know if Patchou will have time to respond to you and I'm not sure he checks here frequently. Cookie is good with this stuff, try PMing him.

RE: Patchou help - display on desktop option by Ramms7ein on 07-17-2008 at 07:23 PM

cant pm him because option is disabled.
well i will wait, hope he wants to help me.

RE: Patchou help - display on desktop option by Jimbo on 07-17-2008 at 07:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ramms7ein
cant pm him because option is disabled.
well i will wait, hope he wants to help me.
He meant PM CookieRevised
RE: Patchou help - display on desktop option by Chris4 on 07-18-2008 at 02:44 AM

Wait about a week or so to see if he replies on here, that's the best way to try and get a message to him.

If he doesn't, you can email him. Remember to only send the email once and he will read it eventually, but can't reply to every email.

Please read Patchou's post about emailing him here, it's important.

mplus-support[AT]patchou.com

Replace [AT] with @

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
and please, no "Patchou see this" title, these will be moderated