Shoutbox

The Dark Knight - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: The Dark Knight (/showthread.php?tid=84906)

The Dark Knight by spongeboy on 07-18-2008 at 05:11 PM

It's finally here after 3 years of hype. Who's going to see it, and who's already seen it at the midnight show?

RE: The Dark Knight by aNILEator on 07-18-2008 at 05:28 PM

I'll see it, most likely make a date out of it. Mmmmm guns and violence :D

RE: The Dark Knight by banky on 07-19-2008 at 03:54 AM

I seen the mid-night showing =].

RE: The Dark Knight by Joe on 07-19-2008 at 04:00 AM

Saw it. Loved it. Recommend it.

Best movie this year for sure.

And in my mind right now.. best ever.. but that will calm down.

RE: The Dark Knight by ipab on 07-19-2008 at 07:50 AM

Just came home from watching it... it really was amazing! In all the pre-hype about Heath Ledger's performance, I kept thinking that the talk was only happening because he is dead, but man was I mistaken...

I urge everyone to go watch this. If you can, I'd suggest going the IMAX route, I was unable to go that way, but I'm sure it'll be one hell of a thrill.

RE: The Dark Knight by Eddie on 07-19-2008 at 10:19 AM

I agree with ipab. This movie certainly lets Heath Ledger go in style, he will be remembered for this movie, which is great, it had humor and action, a thrilling movie to most people, i loved every minute of it.

RE: The Dark Knight by zach on 07-19-2008 at 11:30 AM

I'm seeing it on the 24th. No IMAX nearby; only ever been to a 3D one in Australia.

RE: The Dark Knight by spongeboy on 07-19-2008 at 03:46 PM

I saw it yesterday, and it was amazing! How was the audience in everyone's theater? For me, people clapped before the movie and after the movie. They also laughed at Joker's pencil trick.

RE: The Dark Knight by ipab on 07-19-2008 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spongeboy
They also laughed at Joker's pencil trick.

The pencil trick was just epic.
RE: The Dark Knight by Eddie on 07-19-2008 at 03:50 PM

Our audience was extremely irritating, a group of stupid girls at the back constantly chatting until 6 people yelled shutup and got them kicked out, stupid Heath Ledger addicts. Other than that it was cool, people laughed but not overly.

RE: The Dark Knight by Joe on 07-19-2008 at 05:10 PM

Pencil Trick.....

Add a spoiler alert to the title please.

RE: The Dark Knight by aNILEator on 07-19-2008 at 05:39 PM

wow pencil trick such a spoiler......

That's like saying, CAR CHASE!

OH SHI----- I RUINED YOUR FILMz!

RE: The Dark Knight by Joe on 07-19-2008 at 05:57 PM

Mentioning anything can trigger curiosity, and possibly a google search, that if cared enough can lead to the video..

But trying to keep someone from having any of the amazing movie ruined, can lead to a hateful response too..

oh internet.

RE: The Dark Knight by Rolando on 07-19-2008 at 07:34 PM

I can't remember a pencil trick, and from what I googled I didn't see it. Must've been when I went to get popcorn. Darn (I'll just download it later and re-watch it :P)

I thought it was a rather god movie tbh.

"Oh good, you've a panic room!" < hah, that part was funny. If you haven't seen it that phrase will make absolutely no sense to you. 8-|

"You can't scare me, fall from here wouldn't kill me"
"I'm counting on it"

RE: The Dark Knight by Joe on 07-19-2008 at 08:22 PM

Christian Bale's voice as Batman reminded me a LOT of Jim Carrey in Cable Guy.. lol

RE: The Dark Knight by John Anderton on 07-19-2008 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Saw it. Loved it. Recommend it.
(Y)
quote:
Originally posted by ipab
quote:
Originally posted by spongeboy
They also laughed at Joker's pencil trick.

The pencil trick was just epic.
(Y)(Y)
I yelled "o'snap" in the cinema when that happened :--D
RE: The Dark Knight by Nagamasa on 07-23-2008 at 10:22 AM

Yeah the movie was good overall. loled in at the pencil scene.

The Hong Kong scene was cool, cause I see the same towers that Batman jumped off of.

RE: The Dark Knight by zach on 08-04-2008 at 04:26 AM

Does anyone else cringe at the clichés that come out of something popular?

RE: The Dark Knight by prashker on 08-04-2008 at 04:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
The Hong Kong scene was cool, cause I see the same towers that Batman jumped off of.
They wanted to do it for real but the Hong Kongians were like NO 2DANGERUS, so they CG'd :p

I watched it today and it was really epic.
quote:
Originally posted by nuttzy
awesome movie, really enjoyed it.

why so serious?
I GET IT
RE: The Dark Knight by user27089 on 08-04-2008 at 07:42 AM

I managed to get hold of some free tickets thanks to MySpace (Black Curtain Screenings), so me and my mate went to Birmingham to go and see it, we got some free stuff, posters, t-shirts etc... twas awesome.

The best thing about the film was The Joker, not just because Heath Ledger has passed now, but because the part is played perfectly. The acting was unbelievable, the voice, the way he moved and responded to stuff... My favourite part about him was how disgusted he made you feel, constantly licking his lips, you could hear every little bit of his voice, the slopping and breathing in... Argh I just don't even like thinking about it.

Christian Bale is a good actor too, but it gets me so annoyed when he makes his voice all gruff.

RE: The Dark Knight by prashker on 08-04-2008 at 07:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Christian Bale is a good actor too, but it gets me so annoyed when he makes his voice all gruff.

He'll reearn your respect in Terminator Salvation :p
RE: The Dark Knight by prashker on 08-06-2008 at 07:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nuttzy
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:

He'll reearn your respect in Terminator Salvation :p
Gosh no, Terminator is only going to be good if Arnold is in it, which he isn't. =[
Just think of the movie as a formal apology for no Arnold by giving us an epic movie :p
RE: The Dark Knight by Eddie on 08-06-2008 at 08:22 AM

quote:
completely agreed (Y) i found the voice xtremely irritating.

RE: The Dark Knight by Spunky on 08-06-2008 at 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
quote:

completely agreed  i found the voice xtremely irritating.

x2. I watched Batman Begins for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it just makes me cringe. I could do a better Batman voice lol.

Not seen this yet and I'm debating whether to now that I know about this pencil trick :(

:lol:
RE: The Dark Knight by vaccination on 08-06-2008 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff

Not seen this yet and I'm debating whether to now that I know about this pencil trick :(

I would.
RE: The Dark Knight by Vimto on 08-10-2008 at 10:59 PM

I saw this at the pictures three times in one week.
I absolutely loved it. The pencil trick was quite clever :P
I personally think heath ledger stole the spotlight in the scenes he was in, he was amazing. Which makes it all the more sad, :(.

RE: The Dark Knight by prashker on 08-10-2008 at 11:24 PM

OK who wants to see a magic trick

RE: The Dark Knight by RaPLeX on 08-27-2008 at 04:13 PM

ledger s performance was the best i ve ever seen..

RE: The Dark Knight by user27089 on 08-27-2008 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaPLeX
ledger s performance was the best i ve ever seen..

I agree, it's so different to all of the other parts that Ledger played, it's a shame that we couldn't see more from him in the future as he was only getting better.
RE: The Dark Knight by jrlumba on 08-29-2008 at 01:39 AM

This movie is so AWESOME :D! The action was just outstanding. I hope there is a sequel for Two Face.

RE: The Dark Knight by NiteMare on 08-29-2008 at 05:27 AM

i think the joker will be the number one halloween costume this year, i know thats who i'm going to work as:P

RE: RE: The Dark Knight by jrlumba on 08-30-2008 at 07:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
i think the joker will be the number one halloween costume this year, i know thats who i'm going to work as:P

I would love the have the joker costume! Hehe, it would be great. I need to start planning it so i can wear it in school during Halloween. :)