Shoutbox

Does the Windows live Messenger locking feature log me out of MSN? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Does the Windows live Messenger locking feature log me out of MSN? (/showthread.php?tid=84912)

Does the Windows live Messenger locking feature log me out of MSN? by ta-mara on 07-18-2008 at 11:10 PM

I was just wondering if this feature logs me out of MSN so i cannot recieve messages from my contacts while it is on? I would like to go out and leave my msn on my computer and lock it but stay online. Is this possible? Input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:|:S

RE: Does the Windows live Messenger locking feature log me out of MSN? by Chunk1993 on 07-18-2008 at 11:51 PM

It doesnt log you out, it sets your status to Busy/Away according to the settings

RE: Does the Windows live Messenger locking feature log me out of MSN? by CookieRevised on 07-19-2008 at 06:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ta-mara
I was just wondering if this feature logs me out of MSN so i cannot recieve messages from my contacts while it is on? I would like to go out and leave my msn on my computer and lock it but stay online. Is this possible? Input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:|:S
Have you taken a look at the preferences yet? I highly suggest you do ;)

Go to the preferences and set the things up in the way you want:
Plus! > Preferences > Messenger > Messenger Lock

It's very straightforward. There you can set whatever status you want for when Messenger Lock is activated (not just Busy or Away, including not changing your status at all).

You can also change the system wide shortcut, the systemtray icon, and a message which might be send to all contacts you have an open conversation with at the time of Messenger Lock activation/deactivation.