Shoutbox

Vista Taskmanager dodgy - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Vista Taskmanager dodgy (/showthread.php?tid=84972)

Vista Taskmanager dodgy by Quantum on 07-22-2008 at 09:18 PM

Well the process list in task manager is acting rather dodgy.

First of all the processes move around the list so i have to chase them and quickly try and click on them :S :P

If i choose "Paused" update speed it does not move but the mem and cpu does not update but it did before.

How can i resolve this?

Cheers ;)

RE: Vista Taskmanager dodgy by Jimbo on 07-22-2008 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t

First of all the processes move around the list so i have to chase them and quickly try and click on them :S :P

If i choose "Paused" update speed it does not move but the mem and cpu does not update but it did before.

How can i resolve this?

Cheers ;)

You probably have the CPu tab or the Memory usage tab cliked which will move the process with the highest CPU or Mem usage to the top. Just click the tab thing that says "image name" and the processes willstop moving around and will be sorted alphabeticaly

And the CPU and Mem usage dont update becaused you've paused them from updating, duh!
RE: Vista Taskmanager dodgy by Quantum on 07-22-2008 at 09:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo
quote:
Originally posted by john-t

How can i resolve this?

Cheers ;)

You probably have the CPu tab or the Memory usage tab cliked which will move the process with the highest CPU or Mem usage to the top. Just click the tab thing that says "image name" and the processes willstop moving around and will be sorted alphabeticaly

And the CPU and Mem usage dont update becaused you've paused them from updating, duh!

I know it does not update. I was trying to say i can't just pause it :P sorry

---

Thanks! Such a simple fix :P Idiot i am.