Shoutbox

Import certain groups in MSN messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Import certain groups in MSN messenger (/showthread.php?tid=84992)

Import certain groups in MSN messenger by rock.freak667 on 07-24-2008 at 06:40 AM

How do I select only one group of contacts to import into another msn e-mail account?
Manually typing all the addresses would take real long and I'd like to not have to do that. Is it possible to do?

RE: Import certain groups in MSN messenger by CookieRevised on 07-24-2008 at 09:55 AM

No, it is not possible.

When you export the contacts you can not select which group you want. All contacts will be exported.

As such, group information is not stored in the exported file. The file is simply a list of all your contacts.

It is also not possible to choose in what group the contacts will be added, if you import the file.

RE: Import certain groups in MSN messenger by rock.freak667 on 07-24-2008 at 06:04 PM

Well then I can edit the file so that it only contains the email addresses of the people I want to add right?

Do I use excel to edit it? Because it opens it as an xml file....and I don't know if it will save correct as a .ctt file as needed by msn messenger.

RE: Import certain groups in MSN messenger by Voldemort on 07-24-2008 at 08:20 PM

just open it in notepad and edit your contacts...

RE: Import certain groups in MSN messenger by rock.freak667 on 07-24-2008 at 08:55 PM

Yeah I kinda figured that out on my own....When in doubt open in notepad.