Shoutbox

Plus! XML Translator bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Plus! XML Translator bug (/showthread.php?tid=85008)

Plus! XML Translator bug by warmth on 07-25-2008 at 04:06 AM

I was doing the translation of Countdown Live using Plus! XLM Translator and something weird happened when I reached "Replace tag (1)"... I wrote the translation and the auto-save feature stopped to work and I can't translate anymore... actually the only thing working was the cancel button...:|

besides this the website says I am downloading the version 0.2.004 but the about and the installer says I have the version 0.2.003...

and I have a big suggestion with a question... why this translation script can't be translated :$???

UPDATE: I found this in script debugger:

quote:
Función llamada: OnWndTranslatorEvent_MessageNotification
Error: El nodo de posición de inserción debe ser secundario del nodo bajo el que se insertará.
(código: -2147024809).
       Archivo: TranslationXML.js. Línea: 179.
La función OnWndTranslatorEvent_MessageNotification devolvió un error. Código: -2147352567
UPDATE 2: How about adding a text box with the translators :P LOL
RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by SmokingCookie on 07-25-2008 at 09:44 AM

Point 1: I'll have to take a better look at it
Point 2: that's because a mistake in ScriptInfo.xml
Point 3: that's because it'll take a long, long while to insert language codes

About the debugger.. That's pretty weird, since line 179 of TranslationXML has nothing to do with OnWndTranslatorEvent_MessageNotification..

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by CookieRevised on 07-25-2008 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
About the debugger.. That's pretty weird, since line 179 of TranslationXML has nothing to do with OnWndTranslatorEvent_MessageNotification..
They are 2 different errors. Maybe one causing the other or something. Happens a lot when you have bugs...

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by warmth on 07-25-2008 at 01:22 PM

Well ;) I will be waiting for a fix to that to continue translating!!!

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by SmokingCookie on 07-25-2008 at 06:53 PM

I'll probably not be able to fix this (and Matti would kill me :P ), but at least I can have a good hard look at it.. I'll inform you when I've got it (IF I'll get to it).

EDIT::

@CookieRevised:

I have found OnWndTranslatorEvent_MessageNotification, but there appears to be no link to TranslationXML.js, line 179 ??

EDIT 2::

> Fout gedetecteerd in regel 202 van "TranslationXML.js": 'this.xmlTranslated.documentElement' is leeg of geen object.
  (Code: -2146823281)

Means:

> Error detected in line 202 of "TranslationXML.js": 'this.xmlTranslated.DocumentElement' is empty or no object.
  (Code: -2146823281)

EDIT 3::

I've opened my "translated" file, guess what? Empty..

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by warmth on 07-28-2008 at 06:12 PM

so won't be any fix for these issues???

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by SmokingCookie on 07-28-2008 at 06:18 PM

I am afraid that Matti will have to do this, since I cannot figure out any temporary solution (this is due to the complexity of the code).

So, I guess you'll have to wait for Matti reading his email again (it's holiday in Holland, therefore probably also in Belgium, where Matti is from, so I think he's on holiday.. Perhaps to Spain :P )

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by warmth on 07-28-2008 at 06:27 PM

ok ok ;) I will be waiting for...

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by Matti on 07-30-2008 at 06:49 PM

Hello world! :D

I just returned from scouting camp (20-30 July) and we're going to Madeira in the night of 31 July to 1 August. That means two things:

1. I haven't been able to see what has happened here and what's wrong with the script.
  2. I won't have much time to investigate and find a fix, given that I only have tomorrow to spend time on my computer for two weeks.
Let me get this straight: the Plus! XML Translator script was made for and tested by the few translators I contacted during the development process of Countdown Live 2.1. The main goal was to get it working fine for those people, and get it out along with the new Countdown Live so people who are interested can benefit from the same advantages I gave the "official" translators.

@SmokingCookie: If you find me online, ask me about this so I can try to reproduce this and attempt to fix it. :)
RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by SmokingCookie on 07-30-2008 at 07:30 PM

Looks like you've added me at WLM.

In the meantime, if you're able to check the replies to your post on CDL, you'll see that another (though not severe) bug has been found.... :P (I've seen where it is and how to fix this issue, details included in my post)

It's a mistake, rather than a bug.

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by warmth on 07-30-2008 at 09:07 PM

So can I be part of the official beta testers??? :$

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by SmokingCookie on 07-31-2008 at 05:32 AM

No, that's not what Matti's post says.

Translators (like you) are different from beta testers as they find bugs, and you translate the whole thing. Both are very important though.

I see that you're an official tester on Messenger Plis! (Live). You can compare: you haven't translated Plus! (as far as I can find out by setting the language to Spanish :P ), but you have tested it. For CDL, i's inverted.

But you can alsways ask Matti..

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by warmth on 07-31-2008 at 04:24 PM

:P that's why I am asking you dumb, JK.

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by SmokingCookie on 07-31-2008 at 04:31 PM

Well, nice to see you too :P

Would you please bare in mind that I am not Matti, so I cannot guarantee you anything? If you want to ask Matti about becoming a beta tester, you should send him a private message.

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by warmth on 07-31-2008 at 06:11 PM

jajajaja... was ironically!!! I know that my friend... but I have seen Matti so much around here so... I was waiting him to contact me if he need some tester... if not I am fine with this... ;)

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by SmokingCookie on 07-31-2008 at 06:15 PM

quote:
jajajaja... was ironically!!!
I know, and I was only replying to it ironically :P

Anyhow, I don't know if Matti needs any beta testers, so I guess you'll have to wait...

However, let's go bak to the original subject of this thread:

With Auto save disabled, I got the script to work, misteriously, without any alteration..
RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by warmth on 07-31-2008 at 06:32 PM

:P I am not soooooo interested in testing... is just if he need pro help... LOL

I will check that when I get home... cause now I am in my office and here WLM don't work for many reasons :(

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by SmokingCookie on 07-31-2008 at 06:41 PM

Probably blocked by your employer :P

RE: Plus! XML Translator bug by warmth on 08-01-2008 at 12:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Probably blocked by your employer :P
no my friend... everybody else here have messenger working... even in my laptop works... is my pc... something that I did... :P through the beta testing...