Shoutbox

Changing overall messenger font colour - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Changing overall messenger font colour (/showthread.php?tid=85041)

Changing overall messenger font colour by Joe Gould on 07-28-2008 at 09:03 AM

Hi,

I'm new here, but I've been working on a series of skins for a while now, I want to know how to change the overall colour of Messenger's text/font...

I saw that in a skin available at msgpluslive.net/skins/ you could swap between blue and black text, I want white..

so how do I change messenger's text colour so when I package the skin, the font is always white?

thanks in adavnce :)

RE: Changing overall messenger font colour by Basilis on 07-28-2008 at 11:02 AM

It is possible with skinning but you need to edit all the style files and change the foreground colors of every text to rgb(255,255,255) which is white. It may be possible by editing a registry setting or something but I don't know how. Off topic, but what skin lets you swap the overall font color between blue and black?

RE: Changing overall messenger font colour by Joe Gould on 07-28-2008 at 11:09 AM

yeah, just blue or black... I want white, and only white, so are you saying it is just a matter of finding where it says something like <font "color=#000000"> and replacing it with #FFFFFF ?

RE: Changing overall messenger font colour by Basilis on 07-28-2008 at 11:15 AM

Something like that. I suggest you check the style files of the skin you say that has this feature.

RE: Changing overall messenger font colour by Willz on 07-28-2008 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Gould
Hi,

I'm new here, but I've been working on a series of skins for a while now, I want to know how to change the overall colour of Messenger's text/font...

I saw that in a skin available at msgpluslive.net/skins/ you could swap between blue and black text, I want white..

so how do I change messenger's text colour so when I package the skin, the font is always white?

thanks in adavnce :)

You can't change the overall font with just one edit.

You have to go in and change each and every single style and each and every single text style for each file.

btw if you have skin questions put them up in the skin forum.