Shoutbox

Transparency in WLM skins - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Transparency in WLM skins (/showthread.php?tid=85042)

Transparency in WLM skins by Joe Gould on 07-28-2008 at 09:05 AM

Hi guys :)

I have been modding a WLM skin, and I want to know why I can't use a transparent png file, when I apply it, the image's see-through, but there's a black background behind it, is it possible to remove this and have a more vista-ish glassy colour in the background?

thanks in advance :D

RE: Transparency in WLM skins by vaccination on 07-28-2008 at 09:09 AM

Some elements of WLM don't support transparency like that, so it's impossible to make a glass skin with proper transparency, sorry.

RE: Transparency in WLM skins by Joe Gould on 07-28-2008 at 09:21 AM

d'oh.. |-)

can't we replace the black image behind the bgs? like with Windows Messenger????

RE: Transparency in WLM skins by Basilis on 07-28-2008 at 09:32 AM

The only thing you can do is use the transparency feature of Plus!. That image cannot be anything else than black if you try to make it transparent. This has been discussed before and the only thing we can do is expect Microsoft to implement it in WLM 9.0

RE: RE: Transparency in WLM skins by Willz on 07-28-2008 at 12:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Gould
d'oh.. |-)

can't we replace the black image behind the bgs? like with Windows Messenger????

The reason it comes out black is not because its a background, its because wlm wasn't programmed to be able to see whats underneath the window.

The reason you see black is because WLM does not know what to display. There is no way to change this and its something that you'll have to live with.
RE: Transparency in WLM skins by Joe Gould on 07-28-2008 at 12:49 PM

oh well... move on

RE: Transparency in WLM skins by PaUrAzZ on 07-28-2008 at 07:11 PM

WLM don't support transparency

RE: Transparency in WLM skins by aNILEator on 07-30-2008 at 11:11 AM

wlm9 is expected too, there's already evidence of the planning for it, which if it is how me and willz predict will be brilliantly modifiable for us skinners.