Shoutbox

[Released] RoyaLive! 2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Released] RoyaLive! 2 (/showthread.php?tid=85078)

[Released] RoyaLive! 2 by ryxdp on 07-30-2008 at 07:48 AM

After a long while getting it ready and all that, RoyaLive! 2 has finally been released, as promised. Unfortunately I've been a bit lazy and decided to leave TOTAL, FULL and COMPLETE colorization until the possible v3 (The scrollbars don't colorize, as do (or don't) a few other things here and there, but don't worry, it's all completely usable.

So, what's new in Two?

* Colorizable MinMaxClose buttons (they're now Royale flavoured as well :D)
* Updated Royale scrollbars (mostly just the arrow buttons, but I did also add grippers)
* The annoying issue with the display picture border when in webcam or dynamic display picture mode fixed - now works completely fine
* Some of the colours updated
* More appropriate Toasts background :P

I've also reorganised the locations of the images into Common and SkinDependant directories (pretty much for my own benefit, as I'm likely going to be building ZuneLive upon RoyaLive, hence the need for the SkinDependant directory), and I was going to put an easter egg in somewhere, but only having PlusSkin tags in definitions was kind of limiting, so I didn't pursue that much further :(.

Also, I've just found out that the option to hide the Contact Search Bar doesn't work properly, and I've fixed that issue in 2.1, which I'll upload soon. Unfortunately, till then you'll have to live with it :P

So take a look at the new and improved RoyaLive! 2:

http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/22-RoyaLive!/

Enjoy!

ryxdp

RE: RoyaLive! 2 Released! by Basilis on 07-30-2008 at 08:20 AM

Looks nice ryxdp. I am waiting for ZuneLive now! :D

RE: RoyaLive! 2 Released! by Th3rmal on 07-30-2008 at 01:09 PM

Special Versions FTW! :P

RE: RoyaLive! 2 Released! by Voldemort on 07-30-2008 at 07:18 PM

screnshot?

RE: RoyaLive! 2 Released! by vaccination on 07-30-2008 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
screnshot?
http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/uploads/RoyaLive!.jpg
RE: [Released] RoyaLive! 2 by warmth on 08-20-2008 at 03:40 PM

the .reg file to remove ads that is in your website has a lack of:

code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

and I have a suggestion for you... you should improve the signing in bg... cause the color and effect doesn't match with your skin concept... maybe you should check if the blue you are using for the whole skin is the correct one from media center... :$
RE: RE: [Released] RoyaLive! 2 by ryxdp on 08-21-2008 at 07:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
the .reg file to remove ads that is in your website has a lack of:
code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Thanks warmth, will fix that.

quote:
and I have a suggestion for you... you should improve the signing in bg... cause the color and effect doesn't match with your skin concept... maybe you should check if the blue you are using for the whole skin is the correct one from media center... :$

I took the two gradient colours (light and dark blue) from this image, which was suggested to me by aNILEator.
RE: RE: RE: [Released] RoyaLive! 2 by warmth on 08-21-2008 at 01:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
Thanks warmth, will fix that.
You're welcome dude...

quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
I took the two gradient colours (light and dark blue) from this image, which was suggested to me by aNILEator.
Maybe you should improve the signing in bg to don't look so plain cause the look of MC is more like a blue and green (start) glass effect... however I will check the colors when I get all my programs installed in my new pc and will let you know about the true color codes of the gradient... I will write them here...
RE: [Released] RoyaLive! 2 by micrografix on 11-02-2009 at 08:36 PM

Any chances of this skin being updated?

RE: RE: [Released] RoyaLive! 2 by ryxdp on 11-02-2009 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by micrografix
Any chances of this skin being updated?

Probably not. The only skin of mine that has a chance of being updated to 9 is SevenTwoFour, and even that's pretty slim. I have a lot of other things on like school and so forth so I don't get a lot of time on projects as big as this.

Sorry :undecided:
RE: [Released] RoyaLive! 2 by micrografix on 11-03-2009 at 06:16 AM

I tried updating it my self but didn't work messenger didn't even want to open .

RE: RE: [Released] RoyaLive! 2 by ryxdp on 11-03-2009 at 06:19 AM

quote:
I tried updating it my self but didn't work messenger didn't even want to open .

Skins designed for 8.5 do not work on 9. There are too many changed/removed/new elements for them to still work. You cannot just try and open them and expect them to magically work all of a sudden, they need to be specifically made for the version it's for.
RE: [Released] RoyaLive! 2 by micrografix on 11-03-2009 at 06:20 AM

Let me rephrase I followed the instruction on how to update a older skin to a newer version.

RE: [Released] RoyaLive! 2 by ryxdp on 11-03-2009 at 06:25 AM

Even so, there is still a lot of work required to update a skin, it's not just changing a few strings and pieces of code here and there. In the case of Plus! Skins for Messenger 9, the easiest way to go about updating a skin is to start from scratch using the new layout files and building up again from there.

RE: [Released] RoyaLive! 2 by micrografix on 11-04-2009 at 12:00 AM

Ok thanks could i have your permission you use the images? because i really like this skin it goes with the media center XP theme and with the windows embedded theme.

RE: RE: [Released] RoyaLive! 2 by ryxdp on 11-04-2009 at 12:32 AM

quote:
Ok thanks could i have your permission you use the images? because i really like this skin it goes with the media center XP theme and with the windows embedded theme.

Sure, you can use the images and stuff if you want, but please don't release it as your own, if you plan to release it :P
RE: [Released] RoyaLive! 2 by micrografix on 11-04-2009 at 06:47 AM

Trust me I do alot of graphics work and had alot of stuff ripped I wouldn't do that. :)