Shoutbox

What's canada like? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What's canada like? (/showthread.php?tid=85081)

What's canada like? by Nathan on 07-30-2008 at 11:35 AM

Hey

Mum and dad are deciding to move to canada (:() and I want to know what it's like - is it a better lifestyle than the UK, because I will have 2 options, go full boarder at my school (im weekly atm) and come home for holidays or go to the school there?

I don't know what too think about moving over there?

Can people gimme some personal opinions, patchou?

I think they're looking into place like toronto and stuff

RE: What's canada like? by ShawnZ on 07-30-2008 at 11:41 AM

go to school there :p

RE: What's canada like? by Nathan on 07-30-2008 at 11:44 AM

Yeah but if I go to school there, I lose all my freinds from here(my current school)... Sucks, and I don't want too tbh

RE: What's canada like? by Nagamasa on 07-30-2008 at 12:14 PM

Imo, the Canadian lifestyle is a lot more laid back. There are more taxes, and stuff tend to be more expensive (maybe with the exception of cars and gas).

[talking about Toronto] Just make sure you don't move into the ghetto places (Jane & Finch), and depending what you like more, it might be better to live in the GTA rather than the City of Toronto itself.

Find your own kind, is all I can say. If you're a Jew, live in a jew area. If you're Korean, then live in a korean area. And so if you're British, find a British/ Canadian area.

RE: What's canada like? by Patchou on 07-30-2008 at 02:11 PM

I couldn'y disagree more with Nagamasa.

Life here is easier than in most placee in Euope, less taxes and the basic cost of life lower, especially compared with the UK. As for the population, just blend in. People tend to be very friendly, don't try to stay with "your own kind". That serves no purpose except ensuring you'll never feel at home.

Changing country can always be a difficult thing but it's up to you to make it a good or a bad thing. Canada is a great place to live imo and I'm sure you'll be very happy here. Just don't make the mistake many people do: try to live in both your old country and the new one.

RE: What's canada like? by Phillip on 07-30-2008 at 02:17 PM

I'm afraid I have to disagree with Nagamasa and Patchou.. I have never been there or heard anything about it but I still disagree just because I can.

RE: What's canada like? by Nathan on 07-30-2008 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I couldn'y disagree more with Nagamasa.

Life here is easier than in most placee in Euope, less taxes and the basic cost of life lower, especially compared with the UK. As for the population, just blend in. People tend to be very friendly, don't try to stay with "your own kind". That serves no purpose except ensuring you'll never feel at home.

Changing country can always be a difficult thing but it's up to you to make it a good or a bad thing. Canada is a great place to live imo and I'm sure you'll be very happy here. Just don't make the mistake many people do: try to live in both your old country and the new one.
Oh, ok so you're saying go to a new school and everything? Start a whole new leaf?

One other question... what are the girls like ^_^

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
I'm afraid I have to disagree with Nagamasa and Patchou.. I have never been there or heard anything about it but I still disagree just because I can.
Hahhahaha
RE: What's canada like? by Basilis on 07-30-2008 at 02:52 PM

I hope you make the right decision. I really feel sorry for you because it must be very hard to be forced to choose. But I have a suggestion. You could try going there for a year and see how life is there and if you like it, you stay. If not, then you can go back home. I would really like to be able to help more, but I never been out of country except one time I went to France.

RE: What's canada like? by matty on 07-30-2008 at 03:10 PM

The girls are going to be the same no matter where you go. The only difference is the pigment of skin. Canadian girls (at least all of my female friends) have a thing for accents.

Girls are going to be the same no matter where you go just different colour skin. Oh and Joa lives in Canada and shes smoking hot :) hehe

(L) Joa. I will call you soon and we will get together

RE: What's canada like? by Felu on 07-30-2008 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
what are the girls like ^_^
Naughtly boy :P
RE: What's canada like? by Nathan on 07-30-2008 at 03:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
The girls are going to be the same no matter where you go. The only difference is the pigment of skin. Canadian girls (at least all of my female friends) have a thing for accents.

Girls are going to be the same no matter where you go just different colour skin. Oh and Joa lives in Canada and shes smoking hot :) hehe

(L) Joa. I will call you soon and we will get together
Who said i was talking about there colour or skin... I *cough* meant their "talents" .....
jokes :P

Thanks - well if they have a thing for accents i'll go over their and put my scouse "accent" on (hahaha lol, i can picture them all running away)

Yeah anyway I might do that, go there for a year and if I like it - stay at the school else go back to the school here, in the UK :)
RE: What's canada like? by Voldemort on 07-30-2008 at 03:51 PM

whatever you do don't go live in Victoria... it sucks!

RE: What's canada like? by matty on 07-30-2008 at 04:06 PM

And don't directly live in Toronto.

As stated earlier live in  GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

http://www.toronto.ca/toronto_facts/diversity.htm

RE: What's canada like? by Patchou on 07-30-2008 at 04:07 PM

Quebec girls are hot. If you plan on living in Toronto, don't visit Montreal or Quebec first or you'll be disapointed for the rest of your life ;).

RE: What's canada like? by roflmao456 on 07-30-2008 at 04:11 PM

maybe il see nathan near my house :P

RE: What's canada like? by absorbation on 07-30-2008 at 04:15 PM

Would you come back for university, or would you still study in Canada?

If the Simpsons is anything to go by, Canadian's love hockey and cheap drugs.

RE: What's canada like? by vaccination on 07-30-2008 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation

If the Simpsons is anything to go by, Canadian's love hockey and cheap drugs.
Then again, if the Simpsons are anything to go by, us English all speak frighteningly posh, dear sir, and walk around in suits and top hats.

If only..
RE: What's canada like? by MeEtc on 07-30-2008 at 04:36 PM

As far as schooling goes, I would definitely recommend staying here. It would be a great opportunity for you to learn about the culture. As far as the people, I have been told before that whites are actually a minority group in some parts of Toronto, so you would fit right in so long as you can accept being around all the other groups.

RE: What's canada like? by Voldemort on 07-30-2008 at 06:38 PM

I've heard from classmates that have studied in Canada that they are behind us in maths and sciences ;p (had to take an extra course here to compensate a semester there. I bet it varies from school to school though.

RE: What's canada like? by Nathan on 07-30-2008 at 07:52 PM

Well I asked mum and she says they're looking for a house in quberto..

RE: What's canada like? by Curtis on 07-30-2008 at 08:32 PM

There is always snow here, no matter what.  Out lifestyle consists of hunting seals, beavers, and meese.  When you come to Canada, you get a complimentary RCMP uniform, made of beaver pelts.  Then you've got to go looking for a nice spot and build your igloo.

Have fun!

RE: What's canada like? by kotjze on 07-30-2008 at 08:48 PM

Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests uncomfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what Canada is like.

RE: What's canada like? by MeEtc on 07-30-2008 at 08:53 PM

http://www.coolcanuckaward.ca/joe_canadian.htm

RE: What's canada like? by aNILEator on 07-30-2008 at 09:48 PM

Not another Canadian 'Plusser' :P

Still at least it's you :P Oh screw you red repper! :sad: no hugs or congratulations for you :(

I'd like to visit Canada for a while, see some of you guys and gals

RE: What's canada like? by Lou on 07-30-2008 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Well I asked mum and she says they're looking for a house in quberto..
I'll be honest, I've no clue at all where that is. But yeah, like Patchou said, Quebec girls are hot ;) (well, the french ones anyway, I'm quite disappointed at my school I must say).

But if you live anywhere and want to have good schooling, don't go to Quebec. There's some big (shitty) changes to the schooling system beginning this year that would make you feel like you're 5 years old again :undecided:.
RE: What's canada like? by Svip on 07-30-2008 at 10:54 PM

I wouldn't mind living in Canada.  But that is not going to happen, because I love Copenhagen too much.  I disagree with a lot of my government's policies.  But cities are not about policies and politics.  It's about feel.

Wherever you feel at home, is where you ought to be.  Canada could perhaps be my home away from home.

RE: What's canada like? by absorbation on 07-30-2008 at 11:01 PM

Nathan would be come back to England for University? It is an important decision that you soon will have to make, and A-Levels may be an important route to your degree.

RE: What's canada like? by Joe on 07-30-2008 at 11:35 PM

I wish I lived in Canada.

RE: What's canada like? by marissa on 07-31-2008 at 12:29 AM

mmmmMMMMMmmMmMM! wacky is from quebec and she is my looover :D

i've lived all throughout Canada, except the far west coast...but who cares about BC :p
the east coast is laid back but there arent many jobs anymore...
quebec is... french so :p haha jokes cause i shoulda been french :( but they want to part from canada so boo on them
Ontario is pretty fast paced in Southern area... northern is just...trees and moose ha. dont get stuck in the farm belt of southern ontario. you'll be stuck there for-ev-er! anyway... Ontario is soon to be a province in need of help rather than giving it :o its true! read the papers
manitoba just wants to be like Ontario so... its boring.
saskatchewan. um... flat. haha :D
Alberta - where i live. we're living large, and if you move to canada for jobs come here haha. no seriously. 14 year olds become managers.... our highschool and elementary schools are the highest curriculum in Canada, so the teachers say. we're flat AND close the the ROCKY mountains!! i'd say the most beautiful thing in canada.
BC... mountains and fishing is all i see from it hahah

Canada is nice :D I wouldnt live IN Toronto but mention to them that the places ouside of toronto are nice and you get away from the hussle of the cities. even the GTA is bad :\

and oh yeah. the girls like the accents. :p

RE: What's canada like? by Lou on 07-31-2008 at 12:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
but they want to part from canada so boo on them
Actually, that's no longer true:P. The majority of Quebec are highly against this stupid decision. It would hurt our economy WAY too much, and kill loads of relations and stuff.
RE: What's canada like? by Curtis on 07-31-2008 at 12:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kotjze
Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests uncomfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what Canada is like.

I'm sorry, but I believe that's what using a Mac feels like.
RE: What's canada like? by Lou on 07-31-2008 at 01:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
quote:

GTFO this thread8-).
RE: What's canada like? by kotjze on 07-31-2008 at 01:09 AM

quote:
i've lived all throughout Canada, except the far west coast...but who cares about BC :p
the east coast is laid back but there arent many jobs anymore...
quebec is... french so :p haha jokes cause i shoulda been french :( but they want to part from canada so boo on them
Ontario is pretty fast paced in Southern area... northern is just...trees and moose ha. dont get stuck in the farm belt of southern ontario. you'll be stuck there for-ev-er! anyway... Ontario is soon to be a province in need of help rather than giving it :o its true! read the papers
manitoba just wants to be like Ontario so... its boring.
saskatchewan. um... flat. haha :D
Alberta - where i live. we're living large, and if you move to canada for jobs come here haha. no seriously. 14 year olds become managers.... our highschool and elementary schools are the highest curriculum in Canada, so the teachers say. we're flat AND close the the ROCKY mountains!! i'd say the most beautiful thing in canada.
BC... mountains and fishing is all i see from it hahah
Way to sum up the Atlantic provinces by just saying we're "laid back"!!! (and way to leave out the territories!) I (L) you marmar, remember we used to be Facebook married!

quote:
But of course! Also, thanks for killing the joke :(
RE: What's canada like? by Curtis on 07-31-2008 at 03:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
quote:
quote:

GTFO this thread8-).

You obviously didn't get it.  Lurk moar.
RE: What's canada like? by Chrono on 07-31-2008 at 06:05 AM

quote:

Yeah but if I go to school there, I lose all my freinds from here(my current school)... Sucks, and I don't want too tbh
dont move.
RE: What's canada like? by prashker on 07-31-2008 at 06:07 AM

Sheila: Times have changed
Our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents
They just want to fart and curse!
Sharon: Should we blame the government?
Liane: Or blame society?
Dads: Or should we blame the images on TV?
Sheila: No, blame Canada
Everyone: Blame Canada
Sheila: With all their beady little eyes
And flapping heads so full of lies
Blame Canada
Sheila: We need to form a full assault
Everyone: It's Canada's fault!
Sharon: Don't blame me
For my son Stan
He saw the damn cartoon
And now he's off to join the Klan!
Liane: And my boy Eric once
Had my picture on his shelf
But now when I see him he tells me to fuck myself!
Sheila: Well, blame Canada
Sheila: It seems that everything's gone wrong
Since Canada came along
Blame Canada
Copy Guy: They're not even a real country anyway
Ms. McCormick: My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer rich and true,
Instead he burned up like a piggy on the barbecue
Everyone: Should we blame the matches?
Should we blame the fire?
Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?
Sheila: heck no!
Blame Canada
Sheila: With all their hockey hullabaloo
Liane: And that bitch Anne Murray too
Shame on Canada
For...
The smut we must stop
The trash we must bash
The Laughter and fun
Must all be undone
We must blame them and cause a fuss
Before somebody thinks of blaming uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!!!!

RE: What's canada like? by marissa on 07-31-2008 at 06:46 AM

quote:
and way to leave out the territories!
thats because thats the only part in canada everyone in the whole world knows about!!
they do make igloos up there. i saw it on PMK and elisha had to stay in it!

and when i was in quebec this summer i didnt see a single Canadian flag, even on canada day!! except when we went to the cottage... whcih is owned by an albertan! haha.
so i still booo that-a-way
RE: What's canada like? by Curtis on 07-31-2008 at 07:18 AM

quote:
quote:
and way to leave out the territories!
thats because thats the only part in canada everyone in the whole world knows about!!
they do make igloos up there. i saw it on PMK and elisha had to stay in it!

I remember seeing that.
RE: What's canada like? by vaccination on 07-31-2008 at 09:59 AM

quote:
quote:

luls
RE: What's canada like? by Svip on 07-31-2008 at 03:24 PM

The amazing thing about Curtis is that he is the only person who have managed to make me dislike Canada.  Congratulations.

RE: What's canada like? by Lou on 07-31-2008 at 07:19 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

GTFO this thread8-).

I do, I just think your spam isn't needed here. Bring it to another thread.

quote:
and when i was in quebec this summer i didnt see a single Canadian flag, even on canada day!! except when we went to the cottage... whcih is owned by an albertan! haha.
so i still booo that-a-way
We see enough Canadian flags when we go to Ontario, we don't really need to see any more over here believe me. I can't recall what the Ontario flag looks like because quite frankly, I've never seen it in Ontario. Only the canada flag. Gets slightly annoying seeing it everywhere :P.
RE: What's canada like? by vaccination on 07-31-2008 at 07:26 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

GTFO this thread8-).

I do, I just think your spam isn't needed here. Bring it to another thread.

Yeah, 'cause kotjze's spam is okay, but Curtis' isn't.
RE: What's canada like? by marissa on 07-31-2008 at 11:18 PM

quote:

We see enough Canadian flags when we go to Ontario, we don't really need to see any more over here believe me. I can't recall what the Ontario flag looks like because quite frankly, I've never seen it in Ontario. Only the canada flag. Gets slightly annoying seeing it everywhere

:|
thats all :\
RE: What's canada like? by prashker on 08-01-2008 at 02:01 AM

kotjze for prez

RE: What's canada like? by albert on 08-01-2008 at 02:28 AM

To be honest canada in general is wonderful for a reason; the help that it is offered for you to live a successful life.
If someone is ready to work hard; canada has the ressource to help through. Weither it has to do with very very very cheap schooling, or help finding  a job; medicare or anything else.

Now is it a country which people enjoy? I enjoy myself here, I guess I'd enjoy myself anywhere I have a home, a job, my familym girlfriend and my friends. As Cyril mentionned; home is where you make it. Quebec diversity (i think it's diversity) is wonderful; you get to learn about different cultures. Canadians, compared to a lot of countries (not trying to stereotype or anything; but from what I hear from everyone coming from another country) are very very social people; they will talk to you; they will help you find your way, etc.

My honest opinion? Canada's the best place to live on earth; I love Lebanon, and I probably always will; it's where I'm from; it's what made me who I am, but this country doesn't get into huge political debates, offers its citizens a very helppul regime meant to help everyone to get where they want to be. :)

RE: What's canada like? by Chris4 on 08-01-2008 at 03:44 AM

Nathan, I presume your parents are moving to Canada because of the news a month back about Canada trying to get skilled British workers to work there? My dad actually mentioned it, and I was thinking about whether I would stay or go, if it was to happen.

If you've read up on it at all, if you own your house in UK, you'll probably be able to have a much bigger house in Canada, which is cool.

Someone already mentioned and my dad told me, the people there are nicer, supposedly ;). My aunt and uncle keep going there for holidays (they live in UK) so they must like it. My dad suggested they could move to Canada.

I'd certainly consider it. You said you could go there for a year, but then if you wanted to come back you would of missed out a year with friends, education, etc. Personally I would probably go there for a 2 week holiday and see if I like it, then decide.

Have a read of these:

Good luck :P
RE: What's canada like? by ipab on 08-01-2008 at 03:50 AM

To be fair, I think the education is Europe is far more superior the that of North America. I LOVE Canada. I think being that the country is founded on immigration, people are really receptive and accommodating of everyone. There is always going to be an initial settling in period, during which it will feel like moving was a bad idea, but you should be aware that it will take time for you to get used to your surroundings, moving from one country to another is a really big deal and just bear that in mind.

Depending on where you move to, you will have different situations. If you want pleasant weather all year round (nothing extreme), then you should think about moving to the west coast. I live around Vancouver, British Columbia, and it is beautiful. I've been to Toronto, and I hate it, but again, I'd probably think the opposite if I lived in Toronto and visited Vancouver. The East Coast has a lot more job opportunities, so if your parents don't have jobs before they enter the country, I think it is wiser to move to Toronto.

If you don't mind me asking, why do your parents want to move to Canada?

P.S. Check out my post in this thread.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=82...d=913855#pid913855

On another note, this really shouldn't be in T&T, it's a descent convo :), prolly should go into to GCC.

RE: What's canada like? by Kenji on 08-01-2008 at 04:23 AM

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=652654&hl=

RE: What's canada like? by ipab on 08-01-2008 at 04:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazzy

Don't be a smartass, an isolated incident shouldn't dictate the state of a nation...

And yes, we are all shocked by it... never thought something like this would happen, but people are people, no matter where you are.
RE: What's canada like? by marissa on 08-01-2008 at 07:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
The East Coast has a lot more job opportunities, so if your parents don't have jobs before they enter the country, I think it is wiser to move to Toronto.

the east coast, or mid-east of canada is more happening than the western provinces but if your parents reason for moving is work have them look out west, particularly in Alberta. many companies are desperate for workers, educated or not. and they'll even find you a place to live and move you out here. it all depends what they want... if you want to live in canada just to live in canada i'd suggest mid east, but if they're here for opportunity, alberta is probably #1 for that. This province employment minister has even came to your country to find workers!! :p

one thing  about moving though... dont keep in the back of your head "i want to go home" give it a chance and try and make new friends. because life goes on back home and your friends move on, and maybe it'll surprise you just how fast. if you're serious about moving, give it a real chance and dont get hung up on the thought of "home"

edit: oh yeaaaah. and you'll keep your head of state, so it's like you've never even left the UK! hahaha :) but she doesnt come visit anymore so pff
RE: What's canada like? by vaccination on 08-01-2008 at 09:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
quote:
Originally posted by Dazzy

Don't be a smartass, an isolated incident shouldn't dictate the state of a nation...

And yes, we are all shocked by it... never thought something like this would happen, but people are people, no matter where you are.
Meh, shit like that happens here all the time anyway 8-)
RE: What's canada like? by Nathan on 08-01-2008 at 01:42 PM

Well my parents want to move to canada because they want a new start, they're fed up with englands shit - crappy weather and crap governement and whatnot...

I'm not too sure why they want to move either, but our house is on sale for 750k so what can you get in canada thats equivalent to that?
I mean equivalent size and such - i dont mean 1.2 million dollars or whatever.

RE: What's canada like? by ipab on 08-01-2008 at 02:04 PM

Shit son, that is an expensive house! What are the dimensions of your house, basically BC is the most expensive to live in, other than that, everywhere else, prices are reasonable, for about $500, 000 you can get a descent house with a descent backyard.

If you don't mind me asking, what do your parents do as far as jobs go...

RE: What's canada like? by Voldemort on 08-01-2008 at 03:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by albert
Canadians, compared to a lot of countries (not trying to stereotype or anything; but from what I hear from everyone coming from another country) are very very social people; they will talk to you; they will help you find your way, etc.
I've heard the exact opposite from my friends studying in BC.
RE: What's canada like? by ipab on 08-01-2008 at 04:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
Originally posted by albert
Canadians, compared to a lot of countries (not trying to stereotype or anything; but from what I hear from everyone coming from another country) are very very social people; they will talk to you; they will help you find your way, etc.
I've heard the exact opposite from my friends studying in BC.

Well, like I said before, people are pretty much the same everywhere. There are always two sides to these things. I have been treated both poorly and in an exemplary manner in BC. Thing is that, people generally recount only the bad incidents to other people. I don't know why people don't comment about the good... I guess it's more sensational that way...

Ask them about their best experience in BC... perhaps post back if they say anything.
RE: What's canada like? by Voldemort on 08-01-2008 at 04:39 PM

They told me they were kinda closed, they said that they got along better with other non-canadians studying there :p, I guess it varies greatly though.

RE: What's canada like? by ipab on 08-01-2008 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
They told me they were kinda closed, they said that they got along better with other non-canadians studying there :p, I guess it varies greatly though.

Speaking as an immigrant, I find that generally, the drive to be amongst people that are from where you are from to be really big.

You're from Mexico right? I presume so are the friends you are talking about? I would put my money on the fact that your friends hang out more with hispanic people and converse with them in Spanish than English.

There is nothing wrong with it, as you fit in best with your own kind. The only thing is that, in my opinion, when someone goes to another country, it is to learn and observe new cultures and perhaps learn a language and it is very difficult to do that if you are essentially limiting yourself by hanging out with people that are more comfortable speaking in their native tongue rather than the language of the land.

The other thing is that, I can see how certain mannerisms would be considered odd in Western Countries, and hence the "locals" would rather not associate with them as they think they will run the risk of being rejected by their peers. For example in India, say there are two really good guy friends, and they are hanging out and walking to a place, it is not uncommon for one of the guys to put his arm around the other guy (over the shoulder, around the neck) ... something that couples do in Canada and other western countries. If say one of your friends did that to another guy here, it would be something that would put them off... These mannerisms are somewhat understood in people who come from other countries to study, as they too have certain behaviors that "locals" will find odd, therefore it makes sense for your friends to hang out with this crowd.
RE: What's canada like? by mezzanine on 08-01-2008 at 10:54 PM

To sum it up.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=919696]

RE: What's canada like? by Basilis on 08-01-2008 at 10:59 PM

A psycho like that could be anywhere. It doesn't mean Canada is full of psychos. People will treat you well if you are kind and friendly.

RE: What's canada like? by ipab on 08-04-2008 at 04:21 PM

Back onto topic :P, Nathan have you gotten enough info? Or do you have more questions?

RE: What's canada like? by Nathan on 08-04-2008 at 04:43 PM

It's been a good read :p - thanks for everyone who has helped!

I'm still not sure if I want to move - but the idea is growing on me. I'd like to start again - but i'd hate to lose my freinds (blah blah, yeah :P)

Hmmm

RE: What's canada like? by absorbation on 08-04-2008 at 04:53 PM

His dad's a business man, surly Dubai is the more stereotypical place to move :P. Oh and btw, Canada isn't exactly the place with the best weather in the world, and most governments have problems, in fact we have a moderate system of government.

Are you sure you want to move Nathan? Will you yourself come back to England i.e. for University? It isn't too long before you will be going :P.

RE: What's canada like? by Nathan on 08-04-2008 at 05:16 PM

quote:
His dad's a business man
No he's not :P
quote:
Are you sure you want to move Nathan? Will you yourself come back to England i.e. for University? It isn't too long before you will be going (Smilie).
I'm not sure what I want to do :( But I probs would come back
RE: What's canada like? by user27089 on 08-04-2008 at 05:32 PM

Canada is an absolutely unbelievable country. When I went there I loved it, I could move there tomorrow. Don't moan, seriously, you'll really like it :).

RE: What's canada like? by Moaner on 09-06-2008 at 05:21 PM

CANADA RULES :D