Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look (/showthread.php?tid=85083)

Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by warmth on 07-30-2008 at 02:23 PM

Well my friends, some news have been exposed about the next release of WLM 9.0 and how was expected the new WLM will have a new look.

Many time was said that was a waste of time develop skins for this first "leaked" beta and we (Willz, me and so many others) told were right about it.

Take a chance to read the whole official news here and give us your opinions:

http://www.liveside.net/blogs/main/archive/2008/0...s-live-wave-3.aspx

Note: Will be good if somebody stick this thread to stop people asking about WLM 9.0 beta compatibility of available skins.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by Menthix on 07-30-2008 at 02:44 PM

Interesting read.

Everybody already expected a new look, now it's confirmed. But it will still take a long time before 9 hits public. Skinners might want to specify the build number in their <Compatibility> tags for 9.0, like Vistafy did. Specifying the build number will avoid problems when the new WLM9 look hits public.

Unified header sounds interesting, but don't think i will like it. I don't use much other Live services than Messenger and i don't like being forced to. Too bad they can't talk about the other Messenger features.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by warmth on 07-30-2008 at 02:52 PM

I am with you about specify the build compatibility... seems to be a good option to avoid future problems and forum spam of the same issue all over again and again... :$

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by Eddie on 07-30-2008 at 02:53 PM

Thats going to irritating when it comes to skinning, but i guess thats why skinners dont make skins for beta's most of the time, i guess 9.0 is the ONLY exception due to its long lasting :P

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by Voldemort on 07-30-2008 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
Note: Will be good if somebody stick this thread to stop people asking about WLM 9.0 beta compatibility of available skins.
I fail to see how this thread makes people stop asking about compatibility, but it might just be me, because the link is about the WL Wave 3, isn't it?
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by Willz on 07-30-2008 at 10:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the website
Windows Live Messenger - M1 build is now complete, and is currently in development for the M2 stage. Messenger 9 will feature a new look as well as additional new features (that we're not allowed to disclose yet Sad)

Yeah it is announced, but it will still be a while before this is fully released. Its still looking at a late 2008/early 2009 release so there is still a bit of time.

This thread won't do anything as the majority of people who ask for compatibility are new comers and most don't search before posting a thread. I still get constant emails about 9.

*edit oh yeah this new version will surely bring headaches for skinners, especially if the changes are drastic. But then again who knows maybe MS have cleaned up the UI and removed all those ancient images that needed updating.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by warmth on 07-30-2008 at 11:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
But then again who knows maybe MS have cleaned up the UI and removed all those ancient images that needed updating.
All skinners hope that!!! :D

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by aNILEator on 07-30-2008 at 11:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
But then again who knows maybe MS have cleaned up the UI and removed all those ancient images that needed updating.
All skinners hope that!!! :D

who cares, ages away, will be buggy and no one will know any different at first.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by absorbation on 07-31-2008 at 10:48 PM

I've heard the changes are minimal, so don't get your hopes up guys :P.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by M73A on 07-31-2008 at 10:55 PM

oo new features they cant disclose. hmmmm

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by Patchou on 07-31-2008 at 11:34 PM

I think skin developers will have a lot more to worry about than a build number. But for now, you should not care much about WLM9. It will take a long time before it goes public and even more before a majority of people upgrade. Skisn the way they currently exist will be here for quite some time.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by Hank on 08-01-2008 at 12:48 AM

wonder if WLM9.0 will run on WindowsXP 64bit ..i wouldnt be suprised to see M$ us WinXP64 bit users be made to use XP32bit or Vista to be able to use it

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by warmth on 08-01-2008 at 12:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I think skin developers will have a lot more to worry about than a build number. But for now, you should not care much about WLM9. It will take a long time before it goes public and even more before a majority of people upgrade. Skisn the way they currently exist will be here for quite some time.
If patch says it... :P

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by aNILEator on 08-01-2008 at 01:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
wonder if WLM9.0 will run on WindowsXP 64bit ..i wouldnt be suprised to see M$ us WinXP64 bit users be made to use XP32bit or Vista to be able to use it
Would fit their current trend of 'lets just leave those guys alone eh? with their 4GB's and dual cores'
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by Hank on 08-01-2008 at 01:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
Would fit their current trend of 'lets just leave those guys alone eh? with their 4GB's and dual cores'
it would,  wouldnt suprise me what redmond does if they did that
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 with new look by Shiny Rabbit on 08-07-2008 at 03:21 PM

this sounds interesting. i'm always playing around with skins, scripts and whatnot.