Shoutbox

[Release!] World of Football - English Premier League - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League (/showthread.php?tid=85084)

[Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by Eddie on 07-30-2008 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie on May 17th, 2009

Over the last few weekends i have been sitting around watching the progress of my skins and others in the sports category.

I have noticed that when it comes to sport teams, if a skin is made specifically for a team then it will be downloaded more than a skin containing all of the teams. So i am very happy to announce the following;

Version 2.0:
Planned for release in June 2009* comes Version 2 of my English Premier League pack! Featuring a complete re-design and re-packaging, 2.0 will be completely different to its predecessors! Featuring a completely new design and all new features to the series!

One of the major hurdles i have had to try and figure a way around has definately been thinking of what i am to do about teams that are relegated/promoted from certain divisions to others, often meaning they are no longer in the skin. This is not something i wanted to do, because people will undoudtadly be using one of the teams that get relegated/promoted. I am happy to announce that i have come to a solution that will make everyone happy, or atleast i hope it will whilst also bolstering the amount of skins in the Sports section of the database by a large amount!

Each seperate team will be developed as its own skin, featuring its own design, own images and own features! Each of these seperate skins will then be released to the database as single teams! Making it easier for fans to find the skin of their favourite team! But then for those folks that like everything in one place i will make a "package" containing all of the teams of the league with their own designs but all sharing the same features, so i suppose in a way there stripped down versions of the singles but into one nice little box.

As some people could imagine this is going to be one hell of a task! And is going to take a lot of work, and as i consider the "World of Football" my primary project it may mean that other skins will be moved back-stage for a while whilst i work on these skins. Don't consider this a cancellation notice but a simple it may take a while notice.

As mentioned earlier, i plan to have the first of the new skin packs out sometime in June 2009! This date is very rough though and could change, but i do plan to have as many leagues completed as possible for the start of the next season, which will as mentioned heavily bolster the amount of skins available in sports to folks!

Expect more details towards the end of the month and early June! :D

[Image: WoF---English-Premier-League.jpg]This skin is the first in a series known as the "World of Football" series, the series when complete will include the major leagues of the World of Football. This skin as stated is the first in the series and is the English Premier League part of the series, it includes all 20 teams from the 2008/09 season. The skin provides the ability to change your Messenger to suit your favorite team, with the options of either a star player or the team logo at your disposal. As well as these options there are numerous other options including;

- Removing unwanted buttons.
    - Moving the dashboard around.
    - Removing the scene images.
    - Changing the location of your display picture!
    - Along with numerous other features!

Update
1.0.0d:
  • Included Stoke City into the team select menu.

Update
1.0.0c:
  • Added Newcastle United, sorry for missing them.
  • Changed contact list font colours.
  • Changed a few team backgrounds to make them easier on the eyes.

DOWNLOAD HERE
Version: 1.0.0d
Released: 9th May, 2009
RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by Basilis on 07-30-2008 at 03:11 PM

I am happy to hear that someone else creates a football skin because now there will be more variety and more teams included so everyone can have the skin of his team. :) Maybe there should be a "Sports" category in the database.

RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by Eddie on 07-30-2008 at 03:19 PM

Yeah, it wont just be the typical simple background change either, there will be a few cool appearance changes to messenger as a whole :) including gradients, logos and star players :)

RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by warmth on 07-30-2008 at 03:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Maybe there should be a "Sports" category in the database.
I'm agree with you...

I can tell you a secret... that I am under a project about ACMILAN :P...

I can be part of your testers Eddie... take count on me...
RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by Justin on 07-30-2008 at 03:45 PM

Tottenham & Man City & Portsmouth should be included.

I'll be more than happy to test it to :P.

RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by Voldemort on 07-30-2008 at 03:54 PM

real madrid!?

RE: RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by warmth on 07-30-2008 at 05:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
real madrid!?
Real madrid SUCKS!!!
RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by Voldemort on 07-30-2008 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
real madrid!?
Real madrid SUCKS!!!
did i say that they don't?
RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by Basilis on 07-30-2008 at 06:30 PM

I could be a tester too if you want.

RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by Eddie on 07-31-2008 at 02:47 PM

Teams to be included; Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Manchester City, Portsmouth, AC Milan, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Planning to release two versions, one allowing a smaller file size with less teams and the other a larger size and more teams. And by request i will probably release singular teams :) Screenshots will be popping up this weekend! :)

RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by Phillip on 07-31-2008 at 03:59 PM

God dam it you live in Australia.. It is called Soccer not football..! [Image: badger.gif]

RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by aNILEator on 07-31-2008 at 06:11 PM

Australia = English Convicts

English = Football

Plain, simple, descriptive :)

RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by Menthix on 08-10-2008 at 11:56 PM

Added a sports and a (video) games section :).

RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by Nesta on 02-21-2009 at 12:42 AM

i want ac milan skin plzzzzzzzzzzz

RE: [In Progress] Football Skin by Eddie on 02-22-2009 at 09:09 AM

22nd February, 2009 Update:

Construction has once again started on this skin, as it stands the skin is going to be released in several packs, a different pack for the major leagues in Football (English Prem, La Liga, Serie A etc). I will keep you all updated as much as possible with the skin. At the moment i am still getting my head around the documentation, so dont expect anything new for atleast a couple of weeks.

[First post updated]

RE: [In Progress] World of Football by Eddie on 03-01-2009 at 06:03 PM

1st March, 2009 Update:

Construction is now well underway for the new skin! :D The first pack that is under construction will be the English Premier League, the pack will include a skin of all 20 English Premier League teams of the current season, currently the "build" I am working with is very feature bare and currently only includes image alterations, but by the beta releases general modification features will be added into the skin!

Information on the packs to follow this skin will be posted in the next few weeks, also for you guys and girls who like to get a sneak peak at things early, i will be requiring a few people to privately test and provide feedback on the skin before i reveal anything, people who do this will be required to keep it to themselves though.

Also people who are able to translate an Options Interface would be nice, especially when i move into doing packs including leagues that are outside of England :)

If your interested in doing either of the two above, please pm me, and i will add you to messenger :) And we will go from there, i will only accept a few people.

RE: [In Progress] World of Football by Eddie on 03-09-2009 at 10:11 AM

9th, March 2009 Update:

The skin has finally entered private beta! A select few people are just about to get their hands on the first beta release of my skin. Personally i think it has come out very nicely, but obviously my opinion isn't the one that necessarily matters, so i will be awaiting feedback from those testers!

Sorry folks, still not posting any screenshots until i am sure that the UI works and that everything looks relatively decent enough for a screenshot, being my first skin, there is still a little bit of work to be done. You guys can expect a public beta in around a week, maybe a little more depending on the feedback i get from the testers and the amount of work that needs to be done.

If you wish to keep up with the latest updates of the skin and what-not just keep an eye on this page. The door is still open for anyone who wishes to test the skin, i am willing to accept a few more people, and by testing this you also get immediate access to test my future skins including others as part of this series!

Thanks, Cya soon!

RE: [In Progress] World of Football by Spunky on 03-09-2009 at 03:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
9th, March 2009 Update:

The skin has finally entered private beta! A select few people are just about to get their hands on the first beta release of my skin. Personally i think it has come out very nicely, but obviously my opinion isn't the one that necessarily matters, so i will be awaiting feedback from those testers!

Sorry folks, still not posting any screenshots until i am sure that the UI works and that everything looks relatively decent enough for a screenshot, being my first skin, there is still a little bit of work to be done. You guys can expect a public beta in around a week, maybe a little more depending on the feedback i get from the testers and the amount of work that needs to be done.

If you wish to keep up with the latest updates of the skin and what-not just keep an eye on this page. The door is still open for anyone who wishes to test the skin, i am willing to accept a few more people, and by testing this you also get immediate access to test my future skins including others as part of this series!

Thanks, Cya soon!

* Spunky is willing to test ;)
RE: RE: [In Progress] World of Football by warmth on 03-09-2009 at 04:27 PM

* warmth will start testing tonight (GMT-4.5) :$

RE: [In Progress] World of Football by limeares on 03-09-2009 at 04:46 PM

Please add Manchester United! It's my favorite team!

RE: [In Progress] World of Football by djdannyp on 03-09-2009 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by limeares
Please add Manchester United! It's my favorite team!

quote:
The first pack that is under construction will be the English Premier League, the pack will include a skin of all 20 English Premier League teams of the current season

RE: [In Progress] World of Football by Eddie on 03-13-2009 at 02:15 PM

[Image: screenshot-1-300x248.png]13th March, 2009 Update:

It's taken a while, a whole month to be exact, for me to get my head around the coding, and to put the whole skin together, but finally, the skin is very near a public beta release! My testers have helped me out in ironing bugs that i did not notice, whilst also providing me with the feedback that i needed to make the skin better! And personally i feel so far it has come out very nicely.

I feel maybe it is finally time to show you all a sneak preview of the skin with its default settings but with the Arsenal theme selected, as you can see to the right, click it if you want a bigger view. That is how the skin stands at the Private Beta 2 stage, the next release will be the Public Beta so keep your eyes open over the next few days! :D

The public beta will be released ONLY to the forums, whilst i get a few suggestions from you guys before i officially release it to the database a few days later after getting suggestions and making changes to the skin! :D

Note; This skin will be compatible ONLY with Windows Live Messenger 2009/14.

RE: [Very Soon!] World of Football - English Prem League by Eddie on 03-15-2009 at 02:33 PM

[Image: screenshot-1-300x248.png]15th March, 2009 Update:

As promised, I am now very happy to release the Public Beta version of my World of Football - English Premier League Skin to you guys who are interested on the forum :) Personally considering it is my first skin, and has taken me around a month now to get to this stage, i am very happy with how it has come out, personally i think it looks nice, but its your thoughts that count.

So on that note, if you notice any bugs in it, then please let me know, also if you have any feature suggestions, or design suggestions, then again, please let me know, i will try and act upon suggestions i feel that are good, and will see how it looks myself and then show you how it comes out.

Now for some details about the skin, the skin as you see it, is how it will be released if i do not recieve any suggestions or bug reports, of course i will fix anything i notice, but anything you guys notice would be just as helpful! This Public Beta as promised contains all 20 teams of the English Premier League 2008/09 Season. The file weighs in @ 4.00mb which is quite good for a 20 team league.

The skin has not yet been sent to the database, as i want to see if you guys have any suggestions before i provide it to the non-forum userbase. On that note there is currently an ad-removal option available by default, this will be "removed" upon final release to database.

Thats all i have to say so...

RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by Eddie on 03-18-2009 at 03:35 PM

[Image: image-300x240.png]18th March, 2009:

This skin is the first in a series known as the "World of Football" series, the series when complete will include the major leagues of the World of Football. This skin as stated is the first in the series and is the English Premier League part of the series, it includes all 20 teams from the 2008/09 season. The skin provides the ability to change your Messenger to suit your favorite team, with the options of either a star player or the team logo at your disposal. As well as these options there are numerous other options including;

- Removing unwanted buttons.
    - Moving the dashboard around.
    - Removing the scene images.
    - Changing the location of your display picture!
    - Along with numerous other features!

The skin will be added to the database really soon, just waiting for menthix to add it in! If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them and i will take a look, thanks!

Update
1.0.0b:

• Fixed a bug where the images on contact list overlap
  • Fixed an issue with corrupting files due to avatar errors.

DOWNLOAD HERE
Version: 1.0.0b
Released: 19th March, 2009
RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by warmth on 03-18-2009 at 05:14 PM

Well done Eddie ;)... now let's wait for other league to appear continuously...

RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by Eddie on 03-18-2009 at 05:35 PM

quote:
Well done Eddie ;)... now let's wait for other league to appear continuously...
Next up is the La Liga. Again including all 20 teams from the current season.

BTW folks, i need suggestions as to what to do when teams get relagated after the end of a season, am i to just exclude them from an update? Or to release the relegated teams in their own seperate skin files? Suggestions would be nice, because i cant keep all the teams in there or the file size will rise quite dramatically.
RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by warmth on 03-18-2009 at 06:07 PM

quote:
BTW folks, i need suggestions as to what to do when teams get relagated after the end of a season, am i to just exclude them from an update? Or to release the relegated teams in their own seperate skin files? Suggestions would be nice, because i cant keep all the teams in there or the file size will rise quite dramatically.
maybe for next year you could also include second division leagues and that would solve partially the problem... team that get relegated from first div will be included in second div next year... but no more... so you don't have to do all the teams from second division ;) just use the ones got relegated...

RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by Eddie on 03-18-2009 at 06:12 PM

quote:
quote:
maybe for next year you could also include second division leagues and that would solve partially the problem... team that get relegated from first div will be included in second div next year... but no more... so you don't have to do all the teams from second division ;) just use the ones got relegated...
Sounds good, i suppose i could do that. But there has to be a point where i stop, i think i will go with the idea of creating a skin that includes relegated teams, but this is an issue that i dont have to face just yet, but is one i really don't know a good way of getting through.
RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by djdannyp on 03-18-2009 at 07:01 PM

I think that you just update it once a season......3 additions.....3 subtractions and then change the name to reflect the current season.

Otherwise like you said, it'll become too unmanageable

RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by omg_88 on 03-26-2009 at 02:27 PM

hi I used your skin and I choose man united cos its my favourite team. My feedback is that I find the red background a bit too glaring.

RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by NanoChromatic on 03-26-2009 at 03:37 PM

Make some individual skins for lower division teams like bury, rochdale ect.

RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by Eddie on 03-27-2009 at 02:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by omg_88
hi I used your skin and I choose man united cos its my favourite team. My feedback is that I find the red background a bit too glaring.
Thanks, i will work on that for an update.
quote:
Originally posted by NanoChromatic
Make some individual skins for lower division teams like bury, rochdale ect.
Sorry to say its not exactly on my plans at the moment, got a few other skins i want to send out first. Maybe next season (Y)

Coming Soon
1.0.1:
  • Include an option to skin alerts.
  • Improve a few teams backgrounds.
  • Improve a few font colour issues.
  • Fix a few bugs, such as display right on the right issues.
  • All the usual background things that make my life easier.

RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by Dynamite Andy on 04-01-2009 at 05:42 PM

Good skin, shame Newcastle United is missing :(

RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by Eddie on 04-03-2009 at 05:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dynamite Andy
:O Thanks for letting me know, will send an update to the database within 24 hours including newcastle, thanks for letting me know! Are there any other teams im missing?

On another note, i have decided to postpone other leagues in this series, until the New Seasons start, sorry folks! But keep an eye out for a couple of skins i have planned, plus updates to the current WoF skins!
RE: RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by Dynamite Andy on 04-03-2009 at 07:19 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dynamite Andy
:O Thanks for letting me know, will send an update to the database within 24 hours including newcastle, thanks for letting me know! Are there any other teams im missing?

On another note, i have decided to postpone other leagues in this series, until the New Seasons start, sorry folks! But keep an eye out for a couple of skins i have planned, plus updates to the current WoF skins!

Heres a list of teams

Arsenal FC
Aston Villa FC
Blackburn Rovers FC
Bolton Wanderers FC
Chelsea FC
Everton FC
Fulham FC
Hull City FC
Liverpool FC
Manchester City FC
Manchester United FC
Middlesbrough FC
Newcastle United FC
Portsmouth FC
Stoke City FC
Sunderland
Tottenham Hotspur FC
West Bromwich Albion FC
West Ham United FC
Wigan Athletic FC

I look forward to the newcastle addition when done? :)
RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by Eddie on 04-04-2009 at 07:28 AM

Ok folks, have released a minor update, just got to wait for Menthix to add it to the database and you will get notified, it includes the following changes;

Update
1.0.0c:

I plan to get version 1.0.1 out in a week or so, cya soon! If you notice any issues let me know thanks! :D
RE: RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by scfcnick on 05-01-2009 at 03:04 AM

quote:
Ok folks, have released a minor update, just got to wait for Menthix to add it to the database and you will get notified, it includes the following changes;

Update
1.0.0c:
I plan to get version 1.0.1 out in a week or so, cya soon! If you notice any issues let me know thanks! :D

Stoke City seems to have gone from the Database, it is the only team now missing.

Would be great if you could add it again.

Nicholas
RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by Eddie on 05-01-2009 at 03:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scfcnick
quote:

Update
1.0.0c:

Stoke City seems to have gone from the Database, it is the only team now missing.

Would be great if you could add it again.

Nicholas
Wow, thought i had included every team, thanks for letting me know! Will add them into Version 1.0.0d, i will let you know when its been submitted to the database.
RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by Eddie on 05-09-2009 at 02:59 AM

Ok folks, a very minor update again before i start doing bigger updates, i want to do work on my other skins today so yer, only a little update.

Update
1.0.0d:

• Included Stoke City into the team select menu.

Told you it was only a small update, anyway, when menthix adds it to the database you will get the notification :)
RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by Eddie on 05-17-2009 at 02:03 PM

I am very happy to announce the following plans for my English Premier League skin, and after a trial period it will hopefully extend to every other league that i plan to make a skin for! Over the last few weekends i have been sitting around watching the progress of my skins and others in the sports category.

I have noticed that when it comes to sport teams, if a skin is made specifically for a team then it will be downloaded more than a skin containing all of the teams. So i am very happy to announce the following;

Version 2.0:
Planned for release in June 2009* comes Version 2 of my English Premier League pack! Featuring a complete re-design and re-packaging, 2.0 will be completely different to its predecessors! Featuring a completely new design and all new features to the series!

One of the major hurdles i have had to try and figure a way around has definately been thinking of what i am to do about teams that are relegated/promoted from certain divisions to others, often meaning they are no longer in the skin. This is not something i wanted to do, because people will undoudtadly be using one of the teams that get relegated/promoted. I am happy to announce that i have come to a solution that will make everyone happy, or atleast i hope it will whilst also bolstering the amount of skins in the Sports section of the database by a large amount!

Each seperate team will be developed as its own skin, featuring its own design, own images and own features! Each of these seperate skins will then be released to the database as single teams! Making it easier for fans to find the skin of their favourite team! But then for those folks that like everything in one place i will make a "package" containing all of the teams of the league with their own designs but all sharing the same features, so i suppose in a way there stripped down versions of the singles but into one nice little box.

As some people could imagine this is going to be one hell of a task! And is going to take a lot of work, and as i consider the "World of Football" my primary project it may mean that other skins will be moved back-stage for a while whilst i work on these skins. Don't consider this a cancellation notice but a simple it may take a while notice.

As mentioned earlier, i plan to have the first of the new skin packs out sometime in June 2009! This date is very rough though and could change, but i do plan to have as many leagues completed as possible for the start of the next season, which will as mentioned heavily bolster the amount of skins available in sports to folks!

Expect more details towards the end of the month and early June! :D

RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by warmth on 05-17-2009 at 03:07 PM

Keep doing well my friend ;) I am ready to test...

RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by starcool on 03-22-2010 at 03:34 PM

Hello eddie, me appeal has you because I would want that you me chalk a skin which represente my favourite team, a Belgian team of the name of Standard Of Liege, I would want that kept silent chalks an original skin or we find its blazon on the homepage msn, merci.pour any question, sendings has them this address: lewis-de-nice@hotmail.com

RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by tiedinthetwine on 03-23-2010 at 12:11 AM

trying to add the wof skin to my msn but it is saying "the file you tried to load does not appear to be a valid messenger plus skin pack. Any help to overcome that?

RE: [Release!] World of Football - English Premier League by djdannyp on 03-23-2010 at 08:23 AM

Try clearing your browser cache and re-downloading the file.  It sounds like it didn't save properly.

When a skin is downloaded you should be able to open it with an archiving tool such as WinZip or WinRAR and see all of the files inside.  If you can't do this then it hasn't downloaded properly.

If you can do this but it still won't import into Windows Live Messenger then there is another problem