Shoutbox

Canada Bus Beheading - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Canada Bus Beheading (/showthread.php?tid=85123)

Canada Bus Beheading by aNILEator on 08-01-2008 at 11:43 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7535840.stm

Pretty edgey psycho freak by the sounds of it :(

Obviously it's all Patchou's fault as there's no skinning contest or public update yet. The man must have got edgey.

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by Menthix on 08-01-2008 at 12:01 PM

Freaky psycho indeed.

* Menthix waits for some politician to blame it on games or movies :(

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by Willz on 08-01-2008 at 12:10 PM

Yeah really sad news that, feel really sorry for the people who were there its the sorta stuff that will stay with you for life :S

I can already see it being blamed on games and or movies.

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by Nathan on 08-01-2008 at 02:14 PM

Great, tell me that when I'm about to move there :P

And yeah it's a kinda thing that's going to put you on edge for the rest of your life - especially when you see it

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by aNILEator on 08-01-2008 at 02:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Great, tell me that when I'm about to move there :P

And yeah it's a kinda thing that's going to put you on edge for the rest of your life - especially when you see it

I've seen many real death and self mutilation video.

Including a chainsaw snuff that was probably the worst thing next to Pain olympics final.

I don't go hunting that stuff out honest.

Dunno how I'd react to some guy cutting off a passengers head and dropping it at my feet though whilst being perfectly calm and collect.

I doubt I'd be screaming and puking though....
RE: Canada Bus Beheading by M73A on 08-01-2008 at 02:24 PM

that is insane. it's like something you'd expect from a horror movie.

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by albert on 08-01-2008 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Dunno how I'd react to some guy cutting off a passengers head and dropping it at my feet though whilst being perfectly calm and collect.

I doubt I'd be screaming and puking though....

You'd be surprised. I always thought I'd get scared to ever get caught in a hold up; I actually ended up screaming and running after the guy to catch him. lol. Yet at the end; when the adreadline rush came to an end; I wasn't able to stand up anymore lol. My legs were shaking like crazy. Just shows how much we don't know ourselves sometimes.
RE: Canada Bus Beheading by aNILEator on 08-01-2008 at 02:32 PM

I meant I'd probably have some sick sort of respect and curiosity for the guy.

I mean what went on in his head that made him stab some random guy 60 times and behead him on public transport

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by Basilis on 08-01-2008 at 02:50 PM

WTF? I just read the article. That is sick. :(

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by vaccination on 08-01-2008 at 03:02 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=85...d=919544#pid919544

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by M73A on 08-01-2008 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=85081&pid=919544#pid919544

okay that is very strange
RE: Canada Bus Beheading by ipab on 08-01-2008 at 04:04 PM

It was this 40 year old guy, generally the whole games/movies context only comes up if the person in question is a teen. It would be hard to say that a "grown man" was influenced by video games.

By the way, ended up releasing the guy's name.

I would say this is the most thorough article about the incident (It also seems to keep getting updated as the story progresses).

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/08/01/stabbing-victim.html

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by SmokingCookie on 08-01-2008 at 05:21 PM

Lock him up and make sure he NEVER gets out again

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by prashker on 08-01-2008 at 05:42 PM

It's pretty fucked up :p

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by aNILEator on 08-01-2008 at 06:10 PM

take it no one has highlighted my post yet :P

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by Nathan on 08-01-2008 at 06:12 PM

Haaaahaha nice, but how were we to know there was hidden text? :P

Next time put another line underneath the hidden text to show the abnormally large text spacing, so we think "is there something hidden" :p

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by aNILEator on 08-01-2008 at 06:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
but how were we to know there was hidden text?

How are you supposed to know something is hidden

* aNILEator slaps nathan around a bit with a large trout.
RE: Canada Bus Beheading by SmokingCookie on 08-02-2008 at 04:04 PM

Got an update (translated by Google, therefore "great" grammar):

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.volkskrant.nl%2Fbuitenland%2Farticle1051401.ece%2FDader_onthoofding_was_betrouwbare_krantenbezorger%3Fsource%3Drss&hl=nl&ie=UTF8&sl=nl&tl=en

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by aNILEator on 08-02-2008 at 04:52 PM

how is that an update... it's way less information than the BBC article and way more less than Canadian news sites

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by aNILEator on 08-02-2008 at 05:00 PM

proper update

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7538398.stm?lsm

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by marissa on 08-03-2008 at 06:56 AM

i dont think it's fair to blame the other 40 or so passengers on the bus, as they could have truley actually saved him. the guy had a rambo knife!!! CUTTING UP A GUYS BODY!!! as the newspapers describe it, CARVING!! and i dont think its fair to address all canadians as "wussies" because of one isolated incident. people are now taken away from what really happened and who really did it and are now taking it upon themselves to blame the passengers? it's not right and it's sick to think that way.

you know waht? i hate britain because of jack the ripper and all citizens of the UK are wussies for not saving the women.
yeeeeeah pretty much the same eh.

and what the hell? ISLAMIC TERRORIST TRYING TO GET CLOSE THE THE FING UNITED STATES??!?!

atleast they didnt let him continue on the killing and locked him in the frigging bus! and siarming it so he couldnt get away! and keeping him in the bus till cops came so he could be trialed and punished for it!!
think of the positives of the people on the bus rather than "oh they're killers too" and open some of your minds and realize this shit doesnt happen in canada every day, so dont give us a negative name for it.

oh and another thought - k so he stabbed the guy already probably a couple times with his RAMBO knife............. within the first few seconds..... a few HUGE stab wounds........  yeah, grabbing that guy to stop him once the man is already dead wouldnt help much.risking your life for a DEAD man.... their adrenaline atleast kept him in the bus and saved more lives?!

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by Basilis on 08-03-2008 at 08:10 AM

Completely agree with marissa. The passengers coulnd't have done anything more. If a passenger had attempted to save the man, then we would may talk for more that one deaths.

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by aNILEator on 08-03-2008 at 10:21 AM

I don't think anyone here was blaming the passengers Marissa  :S

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
i hate britain because of jack the ripper and all citizens of the UK are wussies for not saving the women.

Not Public Transport
Women alone by themselves at night
Warnings were issued and the girls did not follow them
Not exactly the same tbh....

Not that I'm sticking any blame onto passengers at all, they couldn't have done shit if the guy got stabbed in 'the right place' just once
RE: Canada Bus Beheading by Eddie on 08-03-2008 at 02:30 PM

It was a horrible event, and one of the only horrible things ive heard coming out of Canada, i quite like the thought of canada since watching the Home Alone movies when i was little, but i do hope that nothing like this should occur again, the passengers on that bus were probably traumatized and still probably are.

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by Voldemort on 08-03-2008 at 03:04 PM

psychos are everywhere.

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by marissa on 08-03-2008 at 05:03 PM

quote:

quote:
i hate britain because of jack the ripper and all citizens of the UK are wussies for not saving the women.

Not Public Transport

Not that I'm sticking any blame onto passengers at all, they couldn't have done shit if the guy got stabbed in 'the right place' just once

through many articles in Canada reports coming from the US are saying we're "wussies" and that we should have stood up, and we're ALL the kind of people who let the world trade centers get taken out. i wasnt reply to that issue in this thread, i was discussing wahts happening with the issue.

and i know it's not exactly the same with jack the ripper, obviously. but seriously someone gets killed. people in buildings adjacent. lets blame themtoo for not saving them???? - dont blame the others because they just so happened to be there. :\ lets not feel bad for the people on the planes of 911, lets just blame them too. :\\\\\\\\ waht the hell is with this world. :\ we have the guy who KILLED the man! the blame doesnt need to be laid else where, when it is.
RE: Canada Bus Beheading by saralk on 08-03-2008 at 05:27 PM

see Bystander effect

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by vaccination on 08-03-2008 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
quote:

quote:

Not Public Transport

through many articles in Canada reports coming from the US are saying we're "wussies" and that we should have stood up, and we're ALL the kind of people who let the world trade centers get taken out.

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but wasn't the world trade center in America 8-)

Marissa, I wouldn't listen to a word those American's are saying, I mean, have you heard/seen some of the crap that happens in that country...
RE: Canada Bus Beheading by andrewdodd13 on 08-03-2008 at 09:48 PM

Another related story.

Some people are pretty f*cked up like.

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by Lou on 08-03-2008 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Another related story.

What is our world coming to? How is it that people can simply go ahead and cut other people's heads off, walk around with it, and feel entirely calm? There has to be something we're not doing correctly.
RE: Canada Bus Beheading by Quantum on 08-03-2008 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Police on the Greek island of Santorini have shot and injured a knifeman who decapitated his girlfriend and walked around the streets with her head.

It's sick but the way that was worded made me laugh.
RE: Canada Bus Beheading by Basilis on 08-03-2008 at 11:14 PM

I heard it on the news. :( I think he got away with the police car but they finally got him. Too bad these things happen and we cannot do anything.

RE: Canada Bus Beheading by aNILEator on 08-03-2008 at 11:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Another related story.

What is our world coming to? How is it that people can simply go ahead and cut other people's heads off, walk around with it, and feel entirely calm? There has to be something we're not doing correctly.
Need more kids cartoons in stop motion and 2d...

It's the computers maaaan they're ruining it!