Shoutbox

mess.be forum problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: mess.be forum problem (/showthread.php?tid=85146)

mess.be forum problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 08-02-2008 at 06:08 PM

For the past 4 or 5 days ive been getting some serious problems getting onto the mess.be forum. it just simply comes up with page cant be dissplayed. The connection on my computer is fine because i can play videos, go on other websites, use msn, ect. But the mess.be forum wont work at all.

Ive tried it on 2 computers in my house now and neither of them work. Sometimes i can get on it but a few hours or minutes later it'll jus tsay "page cant be dissplayed" again.

Obviously i cant ask on there because i cant get on there. So does anyone have any suggestions?

It deffinatly isnt my firewall (because both are different on both my computers) and its never effected it before.

My isp is talk talk and i have a XP and Vista both fully updated and virus free

RE: mess.be forum problem by Jarrod on 08-02-2008 at 11:45 PM

could it be the server?
have you tried it through a php proxy?

RE: mess.be forum problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 08-02-2008 at 11:46 PM

i have no idea what that is. lol. im not all that good with computers. only to an extent.

It works just fine sometimes. like now. Other times i cant get on it for hours

RE: mess.be forum problem by Jarrod on 08-02-2008 at 11:49 PM

it sounds like the server is under too much traffic
if you suspect it may be something with your internet though try in through a proxy like http://unblock.mycyberzone.com/

RE: mess.be forum problem by CookieRevised on 08-03-2008 at 01:55 AM

Reading your other post: [B]roken.[Hearts]'s reply to My msn keeps signing me out, I get a feeling you have either a very bad connection (note that a connection can be lost even if the connection icon doesn't show anything out of the ordinary) or your internet settings are seriously screwed up...

this might be a very long shot but start by disabling AVG (it recent update or something caused problems in Messenger for a lot of people) and reset the settings in your firewall (that is: remove all the blocked and allowed programs). Then enable stuff again one by one after you notice things are better (if things are better of course).

RE: mess.be forum problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 08-04-2008 at 06:25 PM

Thanks but i know it isnt AVG because the same thing happens on my Vista computer and that doesnt have AVG or the same internet settings. So i know it can be neither of those.

I can get it to load through that proxy website but i dont know what that means.

Edit: I just got my mom to check it who lives about 2/3 miles away from me and is also on Talk Talk and she cant get on it either so it looks like it might be the Talk Talk network. Guess i'll just have to wait it out and hope they fix it soon.

But would someone mind explaining why i can get on it through that website and what it is? :)

RE: mess.be forum problem by RebelSean on 08-04-2008 at 09:52 PM

If you'll PM me your IP address I can ask Pieter if your IP range is amung many that we have blocked through our firewalls :).

RE: mess.be forum problem by Basilis on 08-04-2008 at 10:17 PM

But he said he can get in sometime and then he cannot see the page after a while. Could clearing your cache help?

RE: mess.be forum problem by Quantum on 08-04-2008 at 11:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
But he said he can get in sometime and then he cannot see the page after a while. Could clearing your cache help?

How about flush DNS?
RE: mess.be forum problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 08-04-2008 at 11:58 PM

I know it isnt anything to dowith my actual computer (because all 3 computers i tried on have different firewalls). Tried cleaning cache before. Didnt help.
I dont think my IP or a dns flush would do much good either.

I think its my actual ISP thats the problem. Because it wont work on my moms computer and she doesnt live in the same house as me but shes on the same ISP. So i guess i have to wait for them to fix it.

But could someone please tell me what the proxy is because i can get it to workthrough the proxy website that was linked in a previous post.

(btw he is a she ;) )

RE: mess.be forum problem by Chris4 on 08-05-2008 at 06:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by [B]roken.[Hearts]
But could someone please tell me what the proxy is because i can get it to workthrough the proxy website that was linked in a previous post.
Instead of you connecting straight to a website like you usually do, on a proxy: you request for the information, a proxy server connects to the website, gets the information, and then passes it on to you. So you never actually connect to the website, meaning you can access websites that might be filtered, or in your case, not working.
RE: RE: mess.be forum problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 08-05-2008 at 07:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
If you'll PM me your IP address I can ask Pieter if your IP range is amung many that we have blocked through our firewalls :).

If thats the case wouldnt it have always been blocked? I could get on it fine until about a week or so ago.

usually i canget on it if i restart my router. but thats a pain to do

Edit: strange thing i just realised. I can usually get on the mess.be forum in the morning. Sometimes i cant and other times i can. But it seems to work much better in the mornings then i cant get on in the evening.
RE: mess.be forum problem by Spunky on 08-05-2008 at 08:55 AM

It does sound now as if your IP addy was blocked so it would by worth PMing Shawnz with your IP for him just to check it for you ^o)

RE: mess.be forum problem by Jarrod on 08-05-2008 at 12:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
It does sound now as if your IP addy was blocked so it would by worth PMing Shawnz with your IP for him just to check it for you ^o)
see it could be dynamic or something weird your isp does with transparent proxy servers
RE: mess.be forum problem by Felu on 08-05-2008 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Shawnz
Did you mean RebelSean?
RE: mess.be forum problem by Jarrod on 08-05-2008 at 01:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
quote:
Shawnz
Did you mean RebelSean?
that he does

RE: mess.be forum problem by Spunky on 08-05-2008 at 05:28 PM

My mistake... Just quickly glance at each poster and must have got confused

RE: RE: mess.be forum problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 08-05-2008 at 07:11 PM

quote:

If my IP was blocked then it wouldnt work at all would it? Yet i CAN get on it sometimes. Like in the mornings sometimes. Other times (more in the evening) i cant.
RE: mess.be forum problem by vaccination on 08-05-2008 at 07:26 PM

quote:
quote:

If my IP was blocked then it wouldnt work at all would it? Yet i CAN get on it sometimes. Like in the mornings sometimes. Other times (more in the evening) i cant.
Depends, your IP might be changing 8-)
RE: mess.be forum problem by RebelSean on 08-05-2008 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
quote:

Depends, your IP might be changing 8-)

Indeed that's what I was thinking. That's why I was going to check and see if it could be something in his or her IP range that we were blocking.

RE: mess.be forum problem by Lou on 08-05-2008 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Why ShawnZ?

Edit: why didn't you fix it then? :sad:
RE: mess.be forum problem by Spunky on 08-05-2008 at 08:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
quote:
Why ShawnZ?

Read the rest of the thread :tongue:
RE: mess.be forum problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 08-05-2008 at 09:19 PM

My IP does change because i always had trouble staying logged into the mess.be forum because of my IP changing.

However i dont see why it would suddenly start blocking my IP after months of being able to get on just fine. Plus it doesnt work from another computer which is not connected to my network (because it isnt in the same house) but is on the same network as i am.

i appreciate the help :) im just saying that doesnt it sound more like my ISP then my actual IP address.

RE: mess.be forum problem by Spunky on 08-05-2008 at 09:31 PM

quote:
My IP does change because i always had trouble staying logged into the mess.be forum because of my IP changing.

However i dont see why it would suddenly start blocking my IP after months of being able to get on just fine. Plus it doesnt work from another computer which is not connected to my network (because it isnt in the same house) but is on the same network as i am.

i appreciate the help :) im just saying that doesnt it sound more like my ISP then my actual IP address.

They've probably blocked people with an IP in the same range of IPs as yours.

RE: mess.be forum problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 08-05-2008 at 09:35 PM

So what does an IP range mean. Does that mean everyone on my isp wouldnt be able to get on it? Or everyone in my town? something like that

RE: mess.be forum problem by vaccination on 08-05-2008 at 09:41 PM

An ISP will have a range of IPs that it assigns to people on it's service. Therefore if a site blocked 2 IPs, neighter would be able to access the site but one could belong to someone on one side of the world, and the other to a person on the other.

RE: mess.be forum problem by Spunky on 08-05-2008 at 09:42 PM

From what I understand, your router requests an IP address from your ISP, they assign you one from a list of available ones, all of which will be in a certain range

example: 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.98 is a range of IPs

If you have experienced problems logging in and staying logged in before, I would look into getting a static IP

Also, I've got to say it, but Talk Talk? Ew... lol Nasty

RE: mess.be forum problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 08-05-2008 at 09:47 PM

Yeh i know. talk talk... worst ISP ever. ive had a list of problems with it. Unfortunatly i dont think  i can get a static IP either with them. i'll look into it but i doubt it.

but by the looks of it even if it was the firewalls blocking my IP's there wouldnt be a whole lot i could do.

RE: mess.be forum problem by Chris4 on 08-06-2008 at 03:11 AM

quote:

Is there an ISP that isn't 'Ew' in the UK? I think not. ;)
RE: mess.be forum problem by Spunky on 08-06-2008 at 01:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:

Is there an ISP that isn't 'Ew' in the UK? I think not. ;)

Well, I'm on SKY :D (ftw)

quote:
Yeh i know. talk talk... worst ISP ever. ive had a list of problems with it. Unfortunatly i dont think  i can get a static IP either with them. i'll look into it but i doubt it.

I'm fairly certain I saw instructions on it yesterday on Google. I was checking to see if Talk Talk use dynamic by default and I think the mostly do.

quote:
but by the looks of it even if it was the firewalls blocking my IP's there wouldnt be a whole lot i could do.

Well, if you set a static IP address, chances are it won't be in the same range. Also, they might be able to sort something out if you email themwhere they unblock your specific IP
RE: mess.be forum problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 08-06-2008 at 06:22 PM

hm ok i'll look into the static IP. might try giving Talk Talk a call over the weekend and ask them. Wish me luck. Last time we called it was 3 hours on hold lol

RE: mess.be forum problem by [B]roken.[Hearts] on 08-07-2008 at 10:13 PM

So i managed to get the mess.be forum working yesterday all night and today up until about 30 minutes ago when i started getting page cant be dissplayed again.

but my IP address hasnt changed as far as i know because i havent restarted the router, or been dissconnected offline. Ive been connected to the internet all night and my computer has been on all night.

It worked from about 7pm till about 10.30-11 now it wont work anymore