Shoutbox

Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d (/showthread.php?tid=85190)

Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by duc on 08-04-2008 at 07:52 PM

Hi all..

I can't sign in onto WLM, but I can log on with my secondary e'mail. Have googled for the error code, and tried all the solution to solve it, but I still get the error code. I dont have any firewall, so no Zone Alarm. It is very frustrating. I can log on with my laptop, so obviously the server is not down, as the error code remarked. The computer is new, just built it last week. Running it on Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

Can anyone help me to solve this? :$

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by SimonHodgkiss on 08-04-2008 at 10:39 PM

I wonder if this could be a 64 bit problem maybe... I'm unable to sign in I'm running Vista 64 bit Home Premium and getting many sign in errors.

81000378 and 80072efd

Let me know if you get it working

Cheers.

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by Quantum on 08-04-2008 at 10:57 PM

Try; http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns...8B853F!13937.entry :).

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by duc on 08-05-2008 at 02:30 AM

Hi john-t, it does not work either. I can't sign in my primary e'mail adress, but I can sign in on my secondary. Been trying to disable AVG, neither does it help. Im out of solution. Will try to format my computer and try a clean vista install, hope it will work. Will appreciate if someone can come up with a solution in the mean time..

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by SimonHodgkiss on 08-05-2008 at 08:32 AM

I've installed Vista 5 times, it still doesn't work I'm totaly confused by the problem.

Simon

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by High Speed Chaser on 08-05-2008 at 09:00 AM

I believe lots of accounts are stored on different severs. Thus if one sever goes another sever other sever still work. This means your primary account wont work but accounts on different severs still work.

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by SimonHodgkiss on 08-05-2008 at 09:24 AM

Has anyone got a proper fix for this yet, I've found about 5 different ones but none of them seem to do anything.

Simon

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by duc on 08-05-2008 at 05:16 PM

I got it to work without format my windows. Just exited my AVG, and it worked, started up AVG and it didnt. So I tried to troubleshoot, and found the problem was in the "web shield" on AVG, just unclick "Instant Messaging protection". Tried to solve this problem before, but it was problably because I unchecked only msn messenger, and not the other one. Hope this solve the problem for you. :)

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by SimonHodgkiss on 08-05-2008 at 06:58 PM

I'm still having no such luck :'(

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by craigclark on 08-08-2008 at 12:12 AM

Right Ok, So here we've got the fact that nobody seems to be checking that their theories actually work before posting them. I've seen a lot of them other the past few days that just don't work what so ever, however the one that worked for me quite strangely as it doesn't actually make any sense was that of.. if you've set your Windows Live Messenger to "remember me" then click "forget me", close Windows Live Messenger, re-open it & now try to sign back in, for some reason, it works, don't ask me why because i really don't know, me & my work mate have been trying to figure that one out all morning. However, not everyone has set their selves to "remember me" therefore there has to be some sort of fix out there as it seems to be an ongoing problem, which means Microsoft should of released something somewhere as its now them who own messenger. I'll have a think & see if i can maybe come up with or make a fix for this.

Craig.

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by SimonHodgkiss on 08-08-2008 at 12:20 AM

I'm sorry but that didn't fix it :(

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by Basilis on 08-08-2008 at 12:31 AM

I get the same error sometimes but after trying twice or more, I finally manage to sign in to Messenger.

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by SimonHodgkiss on 08-08-2008 at 12:36 AM

I have been e-mailing the direct support and they are looking into the problem.

I've been unable to sign in since 3rd Aug.

I've done loads of tests such as removing firewall etc, removing router and connecting directly to the internet.

But this still didn't work.

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by cyc on 08-08-2008 at 07:50 AM

Hi there!

I see you did not find a solution for the problem. :S For three days, I've got it too. First it started with Vista, but I've had enough of it, reinstalled XP and thought I'll get rid of this problem too. I didn't.

Now I have WinXP SP3 and WLM. I can sign in with both my addresses at home. I cannot sign in from my work location, but *only* with my primary msn account. Secondary works fine. What's more, if I try Pidgin IM, the primary account works as well, but not  with WLM.

I don't have any extra firewalls - only the one from windows and it cannot do any harm. Especially if I'm able to log in with a different msn account. Which I am. WTF?!

It cannot be a computer problem, because I use a laptop and so signing in at home or at work only changes the location, not the computer. WLM installation must be fine. It cannot be company's firewall, because one account works fine ... and the primary too - if I use Pidgin IM.

Has anyone got a clue wtf is causing this? :S

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by SimonHodgkiss on 08-08-2008 at 09:07 AM

I'll let you know what reply I get back from the Support team ASAP.

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by craigclark on 08-08-2008 at 06:02 PM

Right Ok, i had a word with my boss today, the problems getting moved over to his website, which he's going to deal with & try come up with a solution (bare in mind that he's a top I.T Support Manager) so get yourselves signed up for www.techmonkeys.co.uk where i'll post the problem & then you can keep up to date with whatever solutions come out of it, it'll be under the Windows applications section.
Cheers,

Craig.

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by kaelyn on 08-08-2008 at 06:04 PM

I have also been having this issue for the last few days and have been in contact with microsoft support, quite glad to hear I'm not the only one actually I've been going crazy trying to sort it out.

So far have resorted to dual booting xp as I can still sign in using windows messenger, just not using msn live or trillian etc, you can also login using meebo as a temporary solution until microsoft fixes this.

where are you guys located and what isp do you use?

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by SimonHodgkiss on 08-08-2008 at 10:53 PM

Leeds and Virgin Media (NTL etc)

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by kaelyn on 08-08-2008 at 11:54 PM

I'm in the same area with the same providor, maybe the issue is with virgin and not microsoft,

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by SimonHodgkiss on 08-09-2008 at 12:41 AM

Now thats weird I'll forward the information on to my Support member who's been on my account looking into the problem.

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by craigclark on 08-09-2008 at 10:51 AM

Ha ha now yeah that is really weird, i phoned Virgin Media up last night & basically kicked off with them, as like i said before my MSN was saying "due to a connection problem, any changes you make may not be saved" well thats strange cos I'm the same distance from my router as i always am, so i rang them & kicked off & she told me it was the fact that their network is down, of course i didn't believe her cos i can still access the internet & other people on Virgin Media that i know can access MSN. However MSN now signs in with no problem what so ever, what about you guys? Can you get on today?

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by Kally on 08-09-2008 at 11:38 AM

Hi - I'm from Canada and I have the same problem and I just tried it and I can't log on with my desktop but I log in fine with my laptop.  My destop is Windows XP and my laptop has Vista.

I also tried to sign into these forums with my account and password and I can't sign in to this form - but on my laptop no problem.  Is this just concidence???  Strange.

Anyway notice any just problems??  Any solution to logging into MSN???

Thanks.

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by SimonHodgkiss on 08-09-2008 at 05:09 PM

Hmm OMG mines fixed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by cyc on 08-18-2008 at 06:08 AM

Nope ... still same shit. :)

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by SimonHodgkiss on 08-18-2008 at 12:40 PM

Mines still working haha :)

RE: Can't sign in to WLM, error code: 8100030d by cyc on 08-19-2008 at 06:24 AM

... and what did the support team say? ^o)