Shoutbox

Aussie Schoolies Week '08 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Aussie Schoolies Week '08 (/showthread.php?tid=85208)

Aussie Schoolies Week '08 by Eddie on 08-05-2008 at 02:48 PM

Hello guys, For those of us in Year 12 in Australia, leavers week [wa], schoolies everywhere else is slowly getting closer and bookings are needed by next month, anyone know where they are going for leavers?? :) Or if you have been in the past where you went and any tips/advice :)

My group is gonna be heading to a place south of perth, pretty strict silent time rules but we have to be back by 1am or locked out for the night, pretty expensive as well but were all well covered :)

RE: Aussie Leavers Week '08 by Th3rmal on 08-05-2008 at 11:10 PM

[Offtopic]
Isnt it called Schoolies week?
[/Offtopic]

One more year left before i do that :D

RE: Aussie Leavers Week '08 by Quantum on 08-05-2008 at 11:16 PM

What's leavers week? (must be called something else were i live. never heard of it :P)

RE: Aussie Leavers Week '08 by NanaFreak on 08-06-2008 at 05:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
[Offtopic]
[/Offtopic]

me too... well actually i cbf doing it... i would rather go and meet some people from these forums ;o
RE: Aussie Leavers Week '08 by azn angel on 08-06-2008 at 06:20 AM

it's called schoolies week. The real schoolies week is experienced on the GoldCoast and is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. Bookings are taken around this time in your second last year of school to secure a place. It's basically a giant piss-up on the beach to celebrate the end of school.

RE: Aussie Leavers Week '08 by haydos on 08-06-2008 at 06:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
i would rather go and meet some people from these forums
That's kinda sad... Schoolies is something you want to remember with your friends.

The last 3 or 4 years especially they have been getting really strict on leavers/schoolies in WA. All the hot spots have heaps and heaps of rules and police these days. I guess it's for the best though. The only people that really cause trouble are generally the toolies (people who go back to schoolies in years they aren't graduating to try cause trouble or get with some juvies or whatever they please...).

All I suggest to you Eddie is have a good time and know that it's very very easy to get trashed and have fun within the strict rules they set. Having one person who is 18 or has a fake ID is very helpful too if you run out of drinks - otherwise you might want to make some friends with people in the area haha. (edit: Not that I'm endorsing underage drinking or anything ahah. Alcohol is bad kids... bad.)

Where are you headed? Dunsborough? Busselton?
RE: Aussie Leavers Week '08 by High Speed Chaser on 08-06-2008 at 06:47 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
[Offtopic]
[/Offtopic]

me too... well actually i cbf doing it... i would rather go and meet some people from these forums ;o

I will be there next year we can meet!

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
it's called schoolies week. The real schoolies week is experienced on the GoldCoast and is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. Bookings are taken around this time in your second last year of school to secure a place. It's basically a giant piss-up on the beach to celebrate the end of school.

Lucky I have a place I can stay

RE: Aussie Leavers Week '08 by NanaFreak on 08-06-2008 at 07:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by haydos
That's kinda sad... Schoolies is something you want to remember with your friends.
why is it sad? i dont wanna just go and spend time doing stuff that i dont really care about... i dont really wanna just get smashed and then party... thats just not me... i would rather go and have some sober fun (yes... you can be sober and have fun) with some of my good friends from these forums...

anyways... have fun eddie and anyone else going to schoolies...
RE: Aussie Leavers Week '08 by Eddie on 08-06-2008 at 08:28 AM

quote:
quote:
i would rather go and meet some people from these forums

The last 3 or 4 years especially they have been getting really strict on leavers/schoolies in WA. All the hot spots have heaps and heaps of rules and police these days. I guess it's for the best though. The only people that really cause trouble are generally the toolies (people who go back to schoolies in years they aren't graduating to try cause trouble or get with some juvies or whatever they please...).

All I suggest to you Eddie is have a good time and know that it's very very easy to get trashed and have fun within the strict rules they set. Having one person who is 18 or has a fake ID is very helpful too if you run out of drinks - otherwise you might want to make some friends with people in the area haha. (edit: Not that I'm endorsing underage drinking or anything ahah. Alcohol is bad kids... bad.)

Where are you headed? Dunsborough? Busselton?
Yeah, this year it is unbelievably strict, pulling cars over etc, which is really stupid but understandable in some ways. And yeah, we have a couple guys who are in year 12 who are 18 going with us, plus a couple of us do have a fake id...we are headed to busselton :) The place we are goin sounds strict, but apparently as you don't get pissed in the place they don't give a crap. So yeah, we have it all planned except transport which is in the process of :) Thanks mate.
RE: Aussie Schoolies Week '08 by Voldemort on 08-06-2008 at 08:29 PM

get drunk, enjoy the best days you'll have and never remember

RE: Aussie Schoolies Week '08 by Eddie on 08-06-2008 at 11:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
get drunk, enjoy the best days you'll have and never remember
thats the plan, as long as we don't  get arrested lol <_<
RE: RE: Aussie Leavers Week '08 by High Speed Chaser on 08-07-2008 at 09:29 AM

quote:
quote:
why is it sad? i dont wanna just go and spend time doing stuff that i dont really care about... i dont really wanna just get smashed and then party... thats just not me... i would rather go and have some sober fun (yes... you can be sober and have fun) with some of my good friends from these forums...

anyways... have fun eddie and anyone else going to schoolies...

So we can still meet on the Gold Coast next year? We don't have to go party or get smashed.

Maybe have a couple of drinks (I'm not a big drinker, only 2-3)
RE: Aussie Schoolies Week '08 by linx05 on 08-08-2008 at 01:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
Hardly expensive at all. As long as you don't go all out for a roof top room etc you'll be fine. I cannot remember how much my week cost but it was well worth it. I came back a changed man with new friends.

As the saying goes, what happens at schoolies, stays at schoolies. Have fun but be safe. That's the best advice I can offer :)
RE: Aussie Schoolies Week '08 by Eddie on 08-08-2008 at 09:52 AM

Ours is only going to be 85$ per person per week, plus a bit for alcohol, but yeah, were not spending that much, and were gonna be smack in the middle of busselton and dunsborough :P gonna be kewl (H)

RE: Aussie Schoolies Week '08 by Voldemort on 08-08-2008 at 10:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
85$ per person per week,
?!!?! that cheap?!1
RE: Aussie Schoolies Week '08 by Eddie on 08-11-2008 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
85$ per person per week,
?!!?! that cheap?!1
Apparently it has dropped again due to our high numbers :) $30 a week, plus $100 bond shared between 18 or so people :) 4 hour trip down overall its probably gonna cost me 150 with alcohol :)