Shoutbox

any hopes for a Messenger Plus for mobile? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: any hopes for a Messenger Plus for mobile? (/showthread.php?tid=85235)

any hopes for a Messenger Plus for mobile? by nautical_stars on 08-06-2008 at 09:50 PM

hi!
i just was wondering if it was in the works to get a Messenger Plus for mobile phones, like blackberry? if not, i think that would be useful for those who use msn on their pda's.

thanks!

RE: any hopes for a Messenger Plus for mobile? by MeEtc on 08-06-2008 at 11:00 PM

Nope, no hope at all. Why? because there are just to many platforms in which to program for.

RE: any hopes for a Messenger Plus for mobile? by riahc4 on 08-11-2008 at 01:52 PM

As a side topic, The day Patchou simply runs out of ideas (there is only so much you can add to Messenger) and/or is just not motivated in the project anymore, he will port this to other platforms/versions.

(This is a personal opinion and has nothing to do with Patchou's or the future of Plus!)

RE: any hopes for a Messenger Plus for mobile? by Dempsey on 08-12-2008 at 08:54 AM

It is unlikely to ever be ported to any other platform as only Mac and Windows Mobile have official ports of WLM/Messenger and neither of them have any form of API

RE: any hopes for a Messenger Plus for mobile? by RaceProUK on 08-13-2008 at 09:11 PM

How many people on Mac use the official client? I'd imagine a lot of them do what Linux people do, and use Pidgin.

Maybe Patchou could help add support for colours and stuff to Pidgin, when he's run out of ideas for MP!L :wink:

RE: any hopes for a Messenger Plus for mobile? by Menthix on 08-13-2008 at 11:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
Maybe Patchou could help add support for colours and stuff to Pidgin
That would be very easy for the Pidgin developers. The format of the color codes isn't hard, all Pidgin need to do is parse it in their client. There used to be (probably still exists?) an add-on for Trillian which does the same.