Shoutbox

After installing 4.70... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: After installing 4.70... (/showthread.php?tid=85306)

After installing 4.70... by roflmao456 on 08-10-2008 at 07:05 AM

.. it worked perfectly.

But then I wanted to test the update checking function of it. so i changed my script version to a lower version and then restarted messenger after.

Right when messenger started, my computer fully froze and restarted.. it keeps doing it now since i have messenger on startup. (it freezes at the point where it says that script are disabled because messenger crashed or w.e)

I'm on my other OS right now but the info on my main one is

Windows XP Service Pack 3
WLM 8.5 Final
Plus! 4.70

either a problem with my computer (which it shouldn't) or it's something going on with Plus!

BTW, my computer didn't overheat. it's running at 47C.

RE: After installing 4.70... by ShawnZ on 08-10-2008 at 07:13 AM

when booting, hold F8 to get to the advanced boot options screen. then boot with the "disable automatic restart on system failure" option, and tell me if you get a BSOD instead of just your computer restarting.

RE: After installing 4.70... by roflmao456 on 08-10-2008 at 07:29 AM

while i was on my other OS, i changed the (script) version number back and then restarted into safemode to uninstall a few programs i didn't need such as a packet sniffer

then i booted XP with "disable automatic restart" and it didn't seem to freeze up this time. soo maybe problem solved

thanks (Y)

RE: After installing 4.70... by ShawnZ on 08-10-2008 at 07:49 AM

no, change it back, i want to find out what the problem is :p

RE: After installing 4.70... by Patchou on 08-10-2008 at 03:36 PM

Sounds very strange. If you have time to try to reproduce the issue, I'd like to know the results.